What do people have against handbrakes???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:12 AM

MT B RRUTHLESS is a decent person
Re: What do people have against handbrakes???

Originally Posted by [T-Roy]
i'm sure he can
who are you?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:15 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MT B RRUTHLESS
who are you?
<<<< name is to the left right above the picture
Old 11-27-2007, 03:17 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

For those of you who know me or of me you know I learned alotta **** really fast, I was a fan and a spectator who turned Pro level competitior last year.

with barley 2 years and 2 months of sportbike/stunt expierence I learned alot from the HB.....BUT, i learned on the Foot brake with a stock 00 zx9r and a 02 gsxr750 and a 02 954 3 really hard to ride bikes!

soon as i got my first set up stunt bike (01 f4i with hb and gearing progression of the "easy" trix took only months and sometimes days to learn,

recently adding lots of european style to my routine i have found more respect for my self and the machine.

I think if you have expierence with teaching a newbie stunter it is important to give them a reality check if they start to think they are darius, just so our sport doesnt get over run by HB queens with no real clue.

for example;
i am teaching a new rider right now how to stunt, i set his bike up proper and gave him every bit of instruction i never had that i know would make him successful.
In less than 2 months he is learning alot of the basics but mostly relying on his HB.
when he thinks things are too easy i pull out an ol skool trick and ask him to replicate it, but first i'll up his tire psi to 28-31, when he see's that not every trick in the book is as easy as squeezing the HB he is brought back down to earth.

at the same time i respect all aspects of riding and know that being well rounded is important to a competitive rider.

in the end game respect game. HB FB whatever just ride you heart out for the love and remain humble.....i know sometimes easier said than done huh?

happy holidays friends

-Peace

Last edited by J-Boogie; 11-27-2007 at 03:19 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:21 AM

<<<< name is to the left right above the picture
can you do fib circles ?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:23 AM

oh jesus. in my day we didn't have no goddamn handbrakes. and i had to walk 8 miles in the snow uphill both ways. it's evolution baby. the horse and buggy got retired when the car was invented. sorry pre h/b crybabies, i know it was hard. but it's all over now.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:24 AM

can you do fib circles ?
i've only been on a bike for 6 mo. i can't do circles yet. another six mo. and yea definitley.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:27 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

i've only been on a bike for 6 mo. i can't do circles yet. another six mo. and yea definitley.
call me when u do might be another year
Old 11-27-2007, 03:28 AM

its ok man , i cant do fib circles just handbrakes ones , but im making progress with my fibs , just put on a handbrake and learn ss circles first , its a easy way of learning.:YEAH
Old 11-27-2007, 03:31 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

staggered 0's !
Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 AM

Location: might as well be the ocean, from so many squids... TENN.
12urMOM is a decent person

i think the big thing that pisses me off about the HB... is that it gives squids and **** this false realm that HB are easy cause it is your fingers instead of your foot... but with that being said, i dont have a HB and i get pissed and bummed out when im at the spot and keep practicing idle FIB and staggered and sit down **** and get pissed cause i cant work on slowing down my SS, spreaders, HC, etc. so im with numbertwo on the fact that it does open up alot of ****!!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:56 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Foot brake HB blah blah blah i love the hb because i ride for fun. i love all the stalls that the Az guys are doing. most of the people out there now can not stall and combo out of them into another trick. i work on stalls non stop because thats what i have FUN doing.
here are some cool pics from atleast 1 year ago. i think garys 636 was 3 up and james f4i was +10. pay attn to the handbreak lever

Name:  riding058.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  42.1 KB
Name:  riding053.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  49.6 KB

Old 11-27-2007, 04:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i can only do wide fast circles with no brake but i still cover it because imma skurred.....lol
Old 11-27-2007, 04:06 AM

its ok man , i cant do fib circles just handbrakes ones , but im making progress with my fibs , just put on a handbrake and learn ss circles first , its a easy way of learning.:YEAH
i have a h/b. no bar to do fib though, pointless if you know anything about r6 subframes. i do use my foot brake and i can almost park it with my knee on the seat which is basically same as fib. rockin the foot brake. i'm not complete calamari.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:19 AM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a good taste of both when I started riding. Rode a month with no handbrake, and then rode a month with no footbrake. Switching seamlessly is effortless now... but I used to suuuuck at the foot brake and could murder the HB... Used to do all my foot on seat circles with the handbrake instead of the footbrake cuz I was more consistant.

Then along came nick apex, split my mf'ing wig with all his stall combos. Few days later learned the stalls myself and moved onto coasters.. wallah.. insta-ninja foot brake control.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:38 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

back in the day before everyone used the foot brake and thought HB's were cheater parts....i miss seeing everyone doing **** without HB's and still kill it...
Old 11-27-2007, 09:28 AM
ROWDY'S WHEELIES

atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

I love FB and HB tricks.....i love both brakes and i constantly use both brakes. but the best invention and most reliable invention(BESIDES FOR THE CRASH CAGE) to the stunt world was the HB imo.

Last edited by atl freestyle; 11-27-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:30 AM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T-NECK
most of us down here can do circle combos with no hb.
Gangster...aren't you meaning circle combos with no brake at all?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:43 AM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point

can you do fib circles number 2 ? oh and paint your bike lol
Yeah I learned with the footbrake. I learned staggereds first, when I could do like 7-10 consistantly, then I moved on to hb stuff. I can do a lot of foot brake circles. I can do the no throttle hand stuff and sit down and what not. I really wanna learn no hand circles but that will come if I can motivate myself to ride more. How many people get arm pump and have to stop circling cuz they are relying on the hb? Now how many people have to stop circling because their foot is getting tired? Probably none. I really think that people should get good at both for that reason alone. I love hb because I love to jump around on my bike and what not, and you are kinda restricted from jumping around with the foot brake. I still think some of the most gangster circles come with the foot brake, but it is still more inconvenient to use than a hb.

Haha and my bike is painted. It's professionally painted black with everything else powdercoated red and black. I'm just plain jane guy, what can I say...look at my helmet. :YEAH
Old 11-27-2007, 10:20 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

your good/average riders can probably do one better than the other, but the best riders, the ones makin a difference are experts at both, and can use one just as smooth as the other.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

HB's are like bumpers for bowling..

Quick Reply: What do people have against handbrakes???