What do people have against handbrakes???

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person
Re: What do people have against handbrakes???

Originally Posted by fsbABE
Best response i ever heard against the handbreak was it brought many of the fans and spectators out of the stands and made them riders including myself. thre are many new riders out there that can only use that hb engine breaking is becoming a thing of the past. i have only been riding for just over a year but i made sure i learned both the foot and hb. sit downs fib left and right looks great. you can't forget the fast and wide fib circles that i have only seen one rider pulloff. if you want to see fb circles at the best watch this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=A0hlV3XucLQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UDtfviLrzzU

those are foot in seat
Old 11-26-2007, 10:42 PM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I think that the foot brake is by far the better of the two. I also think that It takes more skill and control to use the foot brake. I have a handbrake and will never not have one but I would be down for a no handbrake competition. It would be nice to change it up for a bit.

-Aaron
Old 11-26-2007, 10:55 PM

SickF*ck6969 is a decent person

who doesnt have one???

except your average biker...

if your a "stunter" you have one, plain and simple....
so if someone is hating, obviously they are not involved in the stunt community, so, all in all, who gives a ****????

btw, i learned on a 929 w? a 70 rear, lol.....so i know about engine brake, but its limiting, and gets repetitive pretty quick....but an old school no handbrake comp would be fun for the riders....

Last edited by SickF*ck6969; 11-26-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:03 PM

spoondogg is a decent person

Originally Posted by Pasit
does handbrake mean u have ur back brake as a hand break?? if so im asuming your front moves the the left hand, so where does your clutch lever go?

ok really ez....
front brake: stays where it is
foot brake: also stays where it is.
clutch: again stays where it is.
HANDBRAKE: goes (usually) under the clutch

Old 11-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

HB's are great when used appropriately....the only reason peeps hate on them is because newbies think they are heros bc they can do the 'same **** you guys were doing five years ago in one day', not realizing that hb **** is pretty basic.

HB def opens up options, i htink Darius pushed the envelope a couple years ago with it and showed everyone what you could do with it, and i think the AZ kids are doing the same thing now...same with the FL crew.

buuuuuut, IMHO, HB tricks are simply HB tricks. for example, it took less than three tries to do all the blindside stuff. it took two seconds to do those stupid stall combos (nice flavor, but i hate that ****. too slow, and is it really a trick at all? to me, stall combos when you jump from the ground are similar to bar tricks...no practiced skill. either you can or you can't. dont get me wrong bc i know some of you are, its cool, but to put that into a comp run is almost pointless unless you can do the hardest variation everytime....there are a few things in HS 666 that i like however).

the other basic reason HB lovers suck is because thye make everyone into a Darius wannabe...sooooo damn slow and there is virtually no aggression or speed whenmost riders use the HB.

as for foot brake stuff...sit down O's are obvi gangster as are NH o's...something many, many, many riders stiilllllllll cant do. and there are def some super sick variations and style O's to be done on the footbrake.

put it this way: how long did it take average rider to learn NH o's and sick, style NTH O's....then see how long it took that same rider to learn SS O's, ralph louie O's, frog O's, etc...HB circles are all basically the same, do one, you can do them all almost. case in point again: HC O's...so many guys doing them but those same guys can't put their foot int he trunk/bar/seat and do anything.

you see my point i hope, not hating on anyone or anytyhing, and using somewhat exaggerated examples.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cin-O-Nasty
those are foot in seat
FIB...i dont have a bar, so the trunk is my substitute...and at 5'9" the trunk is like a bar for those taller euros who we imitate.

foot on seat is gay to me and decreases teh possibilities.

foot in the trunk is a necessity if you ask me...dont got that bag, you wont win comps.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:30 PM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
HB's are great when used appropriately....the only reason peeps hate on them is because newbies think they are heros bc they can do the 'same **** you guys were doing five years ago in one day', not realizing that hb **** is pretty basic.

HB def opens up options, i htink Darius pushed the envelope a couple years ago with it and showed everyone what you could do with it, and i think the AZ kids are doing the same thing now...same with the FL crew.

buuuuuut, IMHO, HB tricks are simply HB tricks. for example, it took less than three tries to do all the blindside stuff. it took two seconds to do those stupid stall combos (nice flavor, but i hate that ****. too slow, and is it really a trick at all? to me, stall combos when you jump from the ground are similar to bar tricks...no practiced skill. either you can or you can't. dont get me wrong bc i know some of you are, its cool, but to put that into a comp run is almost pointless unless you can do the hardest variation everytime....there are a few things in HS 666 that i like however).

the other basic reason HB lovers suck is because thye make everyone into a Darius wannabe...sooooo damn slow and there is virtually no aggression or speed whenmost riders use the HB.

as for foot brake stuff...sit down O's are obvi gangster as are NH o's...something many, many, many riders stiilllllllll cant do. and there are def some super sick variations and style O's to be done on the footbrake.

put it this way: how long did it take average rider to learn NH o's and sick, style NTH O's....then see how long it took that same rider to learn SS O's, ralph louie O's, frog O's, etc...HB circles are all basically the same, do one, you can do them all almost. case in point again: HC O's...so many guys doing them but those same guys can't put their foot int he trunk/bar/seat and do anything.

you see my point i hope, not hating on anyone or anytyhing, and using somewhat exaggerated examples.
amen out the hb combo killers in a comp without one the majority of them would get smashed or woulden't bother to compete and be right back in the stands were they were before hbs. again not bashing just saying need to have fb tricks locked like the hb tricks and step your game up .
Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

IDK. Ill be doing foot in the trunk like in my avatar, with the hb at times cuz I'm planning on comboin' from there to off the peg circle stuff or I came from hb circs to the trunk. Though I have been working on the foot in trunk NTH or clutch hand stuff it's a little harder ONLY cuz I havn't used the FB as much and just got to get used to it again. Like I said earlier unless your taking your hands off shouldn't matter which brake you are using imo.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:38 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

somtimes when i do straight line combos i notice im not covering the handbrake or clutch squid style after im like holy **** that could have been bad
Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

it pissis me off when people that are getting started think that a handbrake is the answer. use the foot brake first untill u have some foot in seat, staggerd and foot in trunk circles down. O and ss o's are by far the easiest form of circles IMO

Last edited by Scott-; 11-26-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:49 PM

Twite is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you're all thinking way too far in to this. Good riders are good on both brakes, switching back and forth seamlessly. I don't think one is necessarily more difficult than the other, I think it seems that way because the FB gets neglected now.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:02 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by iwreck
I think you're all thinking way too far in to this. Good riders are good on both brakes, switching back and forth seamlessly. I don't think one is necessarily more difficult than the other, I think it seems that way because the FB gets neglected now.
Agreed, I purposely go from ft brake in the trunk to hb circles and vis versa, just for the challenge to stay smooth no matter what u are using and when.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:04 AM

f4izzy is an unknown quantity at this point

using rear brake is using rear break... jus some of the old timers are frustrated cause new guys can do the same stuff they can do but they learned it faster wit the hand break...
Old 11-27-2007, 01:16 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

a hb is todays riding. non hb is old school. if you have a hb you can do more tricks than someone without one. so why would you not want one? tricks are getting more complex and you need a hb to keep up. when was the last time you saw someone do a high chair coaster without a hb? or coaster combos? ppl who dont use hb start to fall off the map.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:04 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

Well havent you see one of damien's old school gangsta HC with no HB !!! gotta find that picture somewhere on this site. look so friggin sick and hes back now workin on process to get himself better on bike after taking break probably at least one year when he hit his head on the ground & went into coma ..I might be wrong but teach knows more....old school DTE
Old 11-27-2007, 02:07 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

found it

Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

most of us down here can do circle combos with no hb.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:52 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iwreck
+1
Old 11-27-2007, 03:03 AM

MT B RRUTHLESS is a decent person

can you do fib circles number 2 ? oh and paint your bike lol
Old 11-27-2007, 03:08 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MT B RRUTHLESS
can you do fib circles number 2 ? oh and paint your bike lol
i'm sure he can

Quick Reply: What do people have against handbrakes???