cutting stock exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 PM

JT905 is a decent person
Re: cutting stock exhaust?

Originally Posted by kah707
this thread is pissing me off...gixxer cans suck becuz they are not welded or riveted...they have like a rolled lip on them...no biggie...still do the same thing.....u have a 04 can on that assuming...thats the one with the little extra shiny ring on top? u need to cut all those nuts off get whatever off the can u can, then chop it...get the first part rewedged into the original, rivet that in, the go back to the trim chrome ring thing and rivet that back on (so basically u have rivets underneath the trim ring that u wont see now)...theres a couple chambers in the exhaust, dont worry about lining it up, just make sure u cut the champer pipe down at the base of its section so air can move through it...PM if u have any questions
you saved the day my friend! gonna chop it tommorow!!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

me and my friend tried cutting down an 04 600 and an 05 750 stock exhaust couple times... we even tried welding in baffle...

once you cut the exhaust apart you will see... it's crazy. Even if you only take off 4-5 inches... it's going to be loud as hell.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:30 PM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

blip that can looks badass!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:26 PM

gxrpmp69 is a decent person

it will be louder than stock yes your best bet is to get an 05 600 can cut that and keep the end cap,and gut it, then take your can thats on your bike cut that to the same size put that in so the bolts stick out so it will mount up then what ever space is around it fill with fiberglass.. i call it the frankin can sounds f;in awsome, better than any other pipe available i think.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

^^^nice!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 AM

gxrpmp69 is a decent person

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
^^^nice!
yes sir you should give it a wirl you will not be disopointed at all plus it is cheap just go to a dealer im sure they have a can lying around that they will just give you..and i think the fiber glass was like 6 bucks for 4 sq ft
Old 11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by y2kmk
So in all your infinite bike mechanic wisdom, you can't pre-drill a hole and pop off 4 rivets in some metal?

And don't be such a dick makes you seem like a ****** ******
well, if you can cut it and find and endcap to fit it then go for it. these do not come riveted so you can't just drill them out like you said. me being a dick might make me sound like a ******, but all the people (including yourself) that answer a question without knowing the answer make yourselves look like ******* when you get owned by someone that has actually worked on a bike and not just zip tied **** on their plastic and called themselves a mechanic.

Originally Posted by kah707
your right about not being riveted from the factory, but it is NOT welded either..u just make rivet holes...u dont have to weld...why waste the money when it can make it look good if u take ur time

ya, i aluminum weld so that's how i do it. easier (and actually looks way better) to do that then find an endcap that would fit and rivet it back on. plus i can keep it from having leaks and making that putt putt sound all the time of some rivet cans.