Giving up pleasure riding?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person
Giving up pleasure riding?

Does anyone just go cruising anymore? As in road trips, fast turns, riding with the local squids? It seems my bike is driven on two wheels is from the lot and back. This whole stunting thing is taking over, all I want to do now is practice the slow stuff in lots. I don't even have the desire to go fast or even run though the gears anymore. I even blow off girls for rides to go stunting.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Last edited by kipROCKet; 11-25-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:35 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Giving up pleasure riding?

'cruising' has never really been that fun IMO..
I've always been the one that just does wheelies everywhere and makes everyone paranoid when we would do street rides

Now I only use my bike for stunting, and transportation.. It's nice getting on my bike and riding something nice, instead of rolling my beat up rusty smoking car..

Last time I rode my bike on the street, was to travel out of town because my car is a POS! lol
Old 11-25-2007, 02:46 PM
BDK

Steven Palmer is an unknown quantity at this point

yea idk thats true , i have my legal bike i go out and ride but end up stunting more haha , but i try stick to slow **** now all i really care to do and learn for now
Old 11-25-2007, 03:14 PM

Aboogie is a decent person

All I have been doing is practicing stunting.......... Did all the rest so now I am just focusing on this.........
Old 11-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

I to have gotten obsessed with wheelies, the desire to ride BP slow is over whelming, although I took out the good bike for some twisties on thanksgiving still end up popping wheelies every where in between, but i'm thinking I should stunt it out to help my progress being FI and just a dam nice bike and all.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:00 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

I still love riding street, never will give it up for lots only.....Got the stunt bike and 2 street bikes now......Nothing better for me after a long day of lot stunting then getting on the street bike going downtown on a street ride, and mokin a fat scubie in the club district with my best friends. Then continue riding till 3am or later........

To me stuning is just like track riding, its not enough riding for me alone....You cant go to the track every night and I cant stunt 7 days a week either.....And street riding gives me a feeling I cant get stunting or track riding....And its where I came from so I'll never leave it behind

I love it so much that I rode street all this summer with a suspended LIC due to a Dangerous driving charge, cost me a bundle of money, got a criminal record and I still cant leave it alone....
Old 11-25-2007, 05:29 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i'm not saying i wont ever ride the streets again, i will crush the streets with a BIG pack of bikes....but i'm down running errands by myself on the streets, my accident was way out of my hands and i got fucked up, bottom line.....
Old 11-25-2007, 05:36 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i wanna go across usa and back on two wheels,racing,stunting..it would be fun..
Old 11-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to street ride my 636 everywheres I went. I can't justify having a multi-purpose bike anymore. It hits the deck way too hard and way too many times when we go stunting to justify having all sorts of lights n **** all over it to break.

I still keep it registered and insured with a brake light on it so I can still hit the streets if need be but, as far as transportation goes... I'll use my truck.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a mix for me. Been riding street since I had a license and will never give it up. I love taking the old lady out on the bike and just cruising around sight seeing or street rippin' with the local boys or even by myself. I wanted to master the endless wheelie on streets this year which I have. Feels great to be able to do now nice and controlled standups not fast *** sitdows like on my r1. This was my first time in the lots. I dont stunt with anybody just by myself. If i had a guy to stunt with Id probably spend more time in the lots. still about 60/40 stunting more than street but wheelie on the street all over anyways so yea
Old 11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

only thing i like (or rather liked) doing on the streets is killing em.

-mexican mayhem
Old 11-25-2007, 08:16 PM
MILF's love me

stunterwannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

you gotta have a mix and enjoy it from different perspectives. I like to roll with friends on a regular basis. Do time trials from town to town @ 150 and practice. I feel like I get a lot more out of it that way.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

RocSteady can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by stunterwannabe
you gotta have a mix and enjoy it from different perspectives. I like to roll with friends on a regular basis. Do time trials from town to town @ 150 and practice. I feel like I get a lot more out of it that way.

Stunterwannabe.....wtf lol
Old 11-25-2007, 08:36 PM
MILF's love me

made the name a long while ago, just dont feel like making a new account.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:42 PM

klutch_r is a decent person

Hey, I got a question....

I'm fairly new to the bike scene, started off on the twisties and tracks, dragging knee became an addiction and so did wheelies, which is why I'm getting into stunting for the winter. I've put a shitload of mileage on my bikes, everything from road trips, racing, small group trips, rides with friends, big group rides across provinces/states, casual runs across town, etc etc... and I love it all. I even work for a bike magazine now, and see all aspects of opinions and experiences from all different riders.

This being said, I can't figure out these big group 'cruising' rides around the city though, like the ones I see on Superbikes - hundreds of bikes pissing around at like 20 miles an hour, blinged out to **** but with riders that don't seem to know how to ride or do anything other than pose in their leather vests ('colors'?) and baggy clothes - what the **** is up with these? What is the point? I've been trying to find an answer, but can't. Do you guys participate in these? What is the appeal? I just don't understand.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:47 PM
MILF's love me

Originally Posted by klutch_r
Hey, I got a question....

I'm fairly new to the bike scene, started off on the twisties and tracks, dragging knee became an addiction and so did wheelies, which is why I'm getting into stunting for the winter. I've put a shitload of mileage on my bikes, everything from road trips, racing, small group trips, rides with friends, big group rides across provinces/states, casual runs across town, etc etc... and I love it all. I even work for a bike magazine now, and see all aspects of opinions and experiences from all different riders.

This being said, I can't figure out these big group 'cruising' rides around the city though, like the ones I see on Superbikes - hundreds of bikes pissing around at like 20 miles an hour, blinged out to **** but with riders that don't seem to know how to ride or do anything other than pose in their leather vests ('colors'?) and baggy clothes - what the **** is up with these? What is the point? I've been trying to find an answer, but can't. Do you guys participate in these? What is the appeal? I just don't understand.
Sometimes charity rides or anything else of that nature. I wont ride with groups like that as they make me nervous. A lot of them seem too new to be riding with, also I love your avatar.:YEAH
Old 11-25-2007, 09:00 PM

WristTwister164 is a decent person

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I still love riding street, never will give it up for lots only.....Got the stunt bike and 2 street bikes now......Nothing better for me after a long day of lot stunting then getting on the street bike going downtown on a street ride, and mokin a fat scubie in the club district with my best friends. Then continue riding till 3am or later........

To me stuning is just like track riding, its not enough riding for me alone....You cant go to the track every night and I cant stunt 7 days a week either.....And street riding gives me a feeling I cant get stunting or track riding....And its where I came from so I'll never leave it behind

I love it so much that I rode street all this summer with a suspended LIC due to a Dangerous driving charge, cost me a bundle of money, got a criminal record and I still cant leave it alone....
+1 ^^:YEAH

I'll always be on the streets too. Gotta get some variety
tearin the streets up fast as hell with traffic gives me a rush:YEAH
Old 11-25-2007, 09:00 PM

klutch_r is a decent person

Charity rides...I hadn't even thought of that.