Old 11-25-2007, 01:28 PM
OneUpStunt.com

-AX- is a decent person
Re: Whats The Diff?? Stunt Cages

I got an 07 gixxer and wouldent trade my powers for the world... go with powers
Old 11-25-2007, 01:30 PM

adam_kristin is a decent person

damn, that was quick with all the responses, i guess i got an answer, sick innovations, thanks guys
Old 11-25-2007, 01:36 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome wright up nick.

My choice is sick innovations.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:44 PM
MONKEY TACTICS

PAUL H is an unknown quantity at this point

the gsxr needs the powers cage , its better then the fi for the gsxr thats for sure but im not too sure of the sick inovations for the gsxr, never seen it on one , maybe thats the way to go .
Old 11-25-2007, 03:32 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Just curious

The people that say "sick innovations is THE best"

Have you people actulaly used a SI cage? Have you wrecked hard and multiple times, then tried to remount it?

Are you sponsored?

And have you tried other QUALITY cages like Powers?

Reason im asking, is I love my SI cage for its strength... But I also hate some things about it..

One, how hard was it for SI to design the cage with SLIGHTLY bigger tubes so your sockets don't get stuck??
And sure the cage bolts right on fine the FIRST time, but after wrecking a couple times and tweaking it a little, good luck getting your sockets out..

You MUST have a long handled Allen wrench set to even put the cage on.. Personally I just got an allen wrench and cut it, and stuck it in a socket wrench.. worked great for me

And that All thread sucks ***... My second hard drop on my SI cage, snapped the all thread and bent the cage to ****... Luckly my friend picked up some all thread from work for me, and I bent the cage back into shape with a 8 foot pry bar (the cage was over 8 inches out of alignment!)

But other then that it aint soo bad...
The all thread breaking isn't a big deal cause that would happen with any cage that uses all thread..

But the design of cage, using super small tube instead of tube that is say, 1/4" bigger is just bad planning IMO..

If the cages tube was big enough that a socket could jiggle around inside, instead of being a tight fit all the way, would make mounting and dismounting WAY WAY WAY easier...

edit: personally the day I need a new cage, I'm probably gonna look towards tigershark, unless SI makes some changes to their current cage design

Last edited by Towlieee; 11-25-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:04 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Just curious

The people that say "sick innovations is THE best"

Have you people actulaly used a SI cage? Have you wrecked hard and multiple times, then tried to remount it?

Are you sponsored?

And have you tried other QUALITY cages like Powers?

Reason im asking, is I love my SI cage for its strength... But I also hate some things about it..

One, how hard was it for SI to design the cage with SLIGHTLY bigger tubes so your sockets don't get stuck??
And sure the cage bolts right on fine the FIRST time, but after wrecking a couple times and tweaking it a little, good luck getting your sockets out..

You MUST have a long handled Allen wrench set to even put the cage on.. Personally I just got an allen wrench and cut it, and stuck it in a socket wrench.. worked great for me

And that All thread sucks ***... My second hard drop on my SI cage, snapped the all thread and bent the cage to ****... Luckly my friend picked up some all thread from work for me, and I bent the cage back into shape with a 8 foot pry bar (the cage was over 8 inches out of alignment!)

But other then that it aint soo bad...
The all thread breaking isn't a big deal cause that would happen with any cage that uses all thread..

But the design of cage, using super small tube instead of tube that is say, 1/4" bigger is just bad planning IMO..

If the cages tube was big enough that a socket could jiggle around inside, instead of being a tight fit all the way, would make mounting and dismounting WAY WAY WAY easier...

edit: personally the day I need a new cage, I'm probably gonna look towards tigershark, unless SI makes some changes to their current cage design
see tygershark you dont have that problem, if you "tweak" your cage... bam new one FOR FREE

lifetime guarntee means that **** is strong and they believe it too

bruce told me even if my bike got ran over by a ******* train and my cage bent he would give me a new one, free :YEAH

how can anything beat that?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:26 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

I have a feeling I may be the only person in this thread that has tried all the major cages. And not just for a spin around the block but on a bike I rode for more than a weeks time.

Towlieee:

I hear you about what you wrote. And I'll be fair and list all the negatives with a tygershark.

1: If you drop it VERY hard on the same side a few times the aluminum spacer can deform and you'll have to order another one from Bruce (not sure if he charges for new ones) to be sure your cage is 100%.

2: A very select few people have managed to break their sliders. I've ran the cage for almost 2 years and never broke one personally. Again something you could order from Bruce for cheap and be back to 100% right away.

3: You'll never want to run another cage again.

There are no design errors with the cages that Bruce has not addressed. The thing is as diesel as they get without being overbuild to the point of over-stressing your frame. Hence the aluminum spacer may need to be changed and the slider tips too over time.

Bellow is cage pics for reference. All the pics are for the F4i cage.

TYGERSHARK

SI

FI

Powers

Last edited by Nick Apex; 11-25-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:00 PM

Scotty7one7 is a decent person

powers for a gsxr..get a subcage too from powers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4305.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	202960  
Old 11-25-2007, 07:23 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
I have a feeling I may be the only person in this thread that has tried all the major cages. And not just for a spin around the block but on a bike I rode for more than a weeks time.
You are very awesome rider and seem like a cool dude to chill with... I totally admire you for your skills and what you do!! And nobody is doubting your experience in this area. Very informative posting.... Just wanted to say that first...

The thing is man, if they don't make them for the newer gixxers then it doesn't really matter at all for this guy cuz that is what he rides... I'm gonna hit up their web-site and check that out for myself right now cuz I'm feeling your loyalty. They got a good sponsee in you it seems.

Maybe I shouldv'e checked that availability out before I posted, but I'm pretty used to lookin for stuff for my bike and finding out that nobody makes parts for them yet!

And what did you mean by proper maintainance exactly with the FI cage?? just tight bolts or what?? thanks man, cuz I didn't know the thing about over-tightening the all thread and my stuff broke the first day without ever even wrecking!! Tim was awesome and sent me out a piece for free immediately and I had it at my door in like 2 days....
Old 11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Noiiiice! just hit up their web-site! I like the most expensive one... of course! typical.....LOL

They are kinda expensive, but I was happy to see that they at least made them for my bike! I'm impressed. I mightv'e considered one of them if I had checked them out back when I first got my bike. I'll keep them in mind if I have any issues with my FI cage.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:39 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Towlieee:

I hear you about what you wrote. And I'll be fair and list all the negatives with a tygershark.

1: If you drop it VERY hard on the same side a few times the aluminum spacer can deform and you'll have to order another one from Bruce (not sure if he charges for new ones) to be sure your cage is 100%.

2: A very select few people have managed to break their sliders. I've ran the cage for almost 2 years and never broke one personally. Again something you could order from Bruce for cheap and be back to 100% right away.

3: You'll never want to run another cage again.

There are no design errors with the cages that Bruce has not addressed. The thing is as diesel as they get without being overbuild to the point of over-stressing your frame. Hence the aluminum spacer may need to be changed and the slider tips too over time.
Well thats good to know :YEAH

1: not really a big deal, is teh aluminum spacer the same as the SI cage on a f4i? or is it something different?

2: not really a big deal either, I've never even ran the sliders on my SI cage, although im gonna purchase them soon.. Hell that might be the reason my all thread snapped, straight metal on the ground

3: thats GREAT to hear haha

How are Tigetshark for getting low in turns? Is it pretty much the same as SI? Can drag peg before cage?

Thats the main thing that turned me onto SI, the fact you can drag peg and not hit the cage..

I just hate the fact that SI cage is soo hard to mount, not to mention the tigershark has a lifetime warrenty..

I'l be sticking with my SI for a while, but whenever I need something new I'm probably gonna be going tigershark
Old 11-25-2007, 09:39 PM

blinkybill04 is a decent person

I havent even had my SI cage out yet, but even the initial install was a bitch. the all thread part of the install was freaking terrible. The BIGGEST improvement they could make on their cage as far as fitment would be to somehow use (like towlieee said) bigger gauge tubing (just a HAIR!), even to only the parts that arent allen heads. Allen screws seem like they wouldnt be a problem though.

Thanks for the info though Nick! That actually would make a pretty good sticky! i realize this is mostly in reference to F4i's, but a crap ton of people would still find it pretty helpful!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:01 PM

HallFace929 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Well thats good to know :YEAH

1: not really a big deal, is teh aluminum spacer the same as the SI cage on a f4i? or is it something different?

2: not really a big deal either, I've never even ran the sliders on my SI cage, although im gonna purchase them soon.. Hell that might be the reason my all thread snapped, straight metal on the ground

3: thats GREAT to hear haha

How are Tigetshark for getting low in turns? Is it pretty much the same as SI? Can drag peg before cage?

Thats the main thing that turned me onto SI, the fact you can drag peg and not hit the cage..

I just hate the fact that SI cage is soo hard to mount, not to mention the tigershark has a lifetime warrenty..

I'l be sticking with my SI for a while, but whenever I need something new I'm probably gonna be going tigershark

Yes the turning is great! You seen Bullo's new video? He's sporting a Tygershark and is drifting circles and slides out on to the cage then back on to the wheels, its pretty tight. Ive hit pegs a few times in the turns and my buddies tell me my cages still isnt that close to the ground. Oh and im not sure about the aluminum spacers but I do know that replacement sliders are about $10. The warranty is for the cage only, which is totally understandable. And it takes awhile to need to replace a slider unless you enjoy throwing your bike on the ground.

Tygershark all the way!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:14 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i have also had almost everyone plus MXD. the only one i have not had is the Tigetshark. but i think i have rode your bike for a min nick and i liked it. But the price is a little high for a cage.

See you soon
Old 11-25-2007, 11:19 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AxOnline
I got an 07 gixxer and wouldent trade my powers for the world... go with powers
you will have different feeling (about your gixxer) when your frame breaks
Old 11-26-2007, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by suicidl
i have also had almost everyone plus MXD. the only one i have not had is the Tigetshark. but i think i have rode your bike for a min nick and i liked it. But the price is a little high for a cage.

See you soon
I'm with you on that, MXD is another I should have mentioned. I'm not sure if they're pushing volume or still making just a few now and again. I know 2tone runs it and tony is hard on bikes so they will hold up. Come think of it, Mike Rickman too. Not sure if I'm going to FL now, I think I have a show on that same weekend.

The aluminum spacers are being reworked at this time, Bruce is making a better version to aid to its lifespan. At this time they're like all the others but the new piece is T shaped and much beefier.

The ground clearance on the tygershark is SICK. You can scrape the stock pegs (best to cut an inch off to protect your rearsets). I've not had an issue with the cage contacting when I didn't want it to yet, and it actually helps you learn drifting in a way. The contact point is where a lowside is so rather than end a drift you can lowside the bike, slide, and get right back into it without missing a beat (like Bullo did in that vid).

Bruce does make them for the new gsxr series. I would recommend calling him as he's very particular about that cage because of the frame issues with that model bike.

And when I was talking about the FI and maintenance you're correct. Just keeping the bolts tight all the time without over tightening them. We all need to be careful not to over tighten any motor mounts on the aluminum threaded blocks because you risk ripping the threads out. Thats why I love my 636, I can put a hurt on the bolts without worry because of the nut!

Cages are one thing you cant spend too much or keep up enough. Pick the design you like best for its features and you'll be happy!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:42 AM

illegal_skillz is a decent person

I hear what you all are saying about the install on the SI, same here. But other then that, great cage. It's about time for me to start looking for a new one, and that Tygershark is looking mighty good right now.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:43 AM

illegal_skillz is a decent person

Thanks Nick, I'll be sure to tell Bruce that it was you that turned me on to Tyger if I decide to go that route, which I most likely will
Old 11-26-2007, 02:25 AM

Thanks! Bruce is a great guy. The man builds military submarines for his day job. I should have said that in the beginning, thats the best way to describe the cage, haha. I'm on a 636 now but one thing I miss about my old F4i is how indestructible it was with a tygershark.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

yess just as nick apex says i do run the MXD cage and its is sick. i run full fairings and with the three point/ street cage/track cage my upper doesnt hit as well as mikey d's i ride like a mad man just like nick. cant fail riding with a few redbulls or monster energy drinks in you. the thing i like about my cage is that there is no two connecting points so it one side bends in the event of a bad wreck or after a few you can replace just the one side and the impact to one side doesnt transfer to the other. leaving less stress to the motor mounts. i have been using the cages for years and i still like them. sure they may bend when you crash hard but any cage will. the question is... did it do its job? is the bike still in good shape? i just flipped two stoppies this past month. one at about 50 and another at about 40 and my bike was still rideable both times and i still have the same cage on it. i need to replace the right side about now but can you blame it? we put our bikes to the ultimate tests and just as any other cage the aluminum spacers will wear and the cage will move. easy fix. i choose the mxd cage because its worked for me and mxd product has been on my bike for almost three years now. i ride alot . almost 20 hours this week alone. if it didnt work i wouldnt use it. i know the customer service has been a bit slow but im putting my own personal time into making things productive. www.MXDCages.com

Quick Reply: Whats The Diff?? Stunt Cages