whats the best set up for endos?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 02:32 AM

trickshow is a decent person
whats the best set up for endos?

should ur forks be hard or soft?
whats the best front tire to do em on?
whats the psi you should have ur front tire running?
what should the ground temperture be at least?

Is it impossable to do stoppies in cold weather cause i can do em when its warm out like nothing but when its cold i cant even do a slow one!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:43 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person
Re: whats the best set up for endos?

if you can roll them in the rain you can roll them in the cold first off. second its all about technique the one thing you didnt mention. third its all about the riderbut general is more on the hard side. a power race front is the bestbecause it is sticky. run about 22-28 psi depending on your style. at thats an oviously question for ground temp because oviously the warmer the better.

sorry for the spelling errors in advanced im ****** hammered righ now
Old 11-24-2007, 03:13 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

soft suspension. soft compound tire. warmer the better. dryer the better. ect. ect.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:30 AM

blizanthimum is an unknown quantity at this point

you would think a stiff front would be best cause then you dont have sooo much compression to overcome before the rear leaves pavement. the sooner the tire up the longer your endos are.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:44 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person

be careful with soft race tires tho, they take a while to warm up.

i'd say stick with regular pilot powers and u should be fine.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:45 AM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

OK Not trying to be an *** but i know personally iv posted this like 10 times. and will do so again.
You want the forks to compress fast and decompress slow! Michelin piolit power.
And i run 32psi in my front. Has not slid not one time on me yet!
And get a dampener if you don't have one!!!!!!!
Good luck!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:21 AM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DrasticDan
OK Not trying to be an *** but i know personally iv posted this like 10 times. and will do so again.
Good luck!
maybe a dumb question but which one needs to be tight and which one needs to be soft to get that effect(or do they both need to be soft)... i've been runnin mine tight on top and bottom and i know my form is good but i do get an occasional slip in the front tire

Last edited by mike1984; 11-24-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:34 AM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikeith
maybe a dumb question but which one needs to be tight and which one needs to be soft to get that effect(or do they both need to be soft)... i've been runnin mine tight on top and bottom and i know my form is good but i do get an occasional slip in the front tire
What front end are you using on that f4i?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:55 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by trickshow
should ur forks be hard or soft?
whats the best front tire to do em on?
whats the psi you should have ur front tire running?
what should the ground temperture be at least?

Is it impossable to do stoppies in cold weather cause i can do em when its warm out like nothing but when its cold i cant even do a slow one!
i just got a pilot power on there for the winter, and its made a huge difference. I run 25 psi in the power and get more traction than I was getting at 20 psi with my old tire (pilot sport). Having a good soft tire is the most important thing, especially in the winter. Warming up the tire makes a big difference too. spend a couple minutes doing high speed stops before you practice stoppies.

For suspension the most common set up is soft compression and hard rebound damping. Seems to give you the best traction during the initial weight transfer. Some people in warmer states have their compression stiff too, I got far less traction when i tried that.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:00 AM

What front end are you using on that f4i?
954 (about to get a steering damper) caus i have a BAD problem getting wobbles if i'm goin more then 30-35mph and have it up real high... i feel like its keeping me limited to rollin em very far caus if i'm going very fast and yank it up high right ofe the bat it gets a BAD wobble 80-90% of the time
Old 11-24-2007, 11:22 AM

trickshow is a decent person

You want the forks to compress fast and decompress slow!
Good luck!
turning the lil screw on each of the forks makes my forks soft so their easier to compress but is there something to make em decompress slow?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:26 AM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Good luck!

+1

P.S. School's in session tomorrow
Old 11-24-2007, 11:34 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

turning the lil screw on each of the forks makes my forks soft so their easier to compress but is there something to make em decompress slow?
i think you got it backwords, small adj in middle is rebound, and big adj is compression
Old 11-24-2007, 11:40 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

you have a compression screw a rebound screw and sag adjustment on your forks ......comp is on the bottom rebound is on the top and sag is the nut on top! {{unless the forks are non inverted then switch the location of the conp and rebound screws}} you screw the screw in it gets stiffer and slower screw it out it gets softer and faster!

RE= Rebound
comp = compression
sag is sag!!

Last edited by thehate.; 11-24-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:26 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck!
i know forks are all diff but just for a reference, do u run your compression on full soft and rebound at full stiff or a few turns out or something?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by thehate.
you have a compression screw a rebound screw and sag adjustment on your forks ......comp is on the bottom rebound is on the top and sag is the nut on top! {{unless the forks are non inverted then switch the location of the conp and rebound screws}} you screw the screw in it gets stiffer and slower screw it out it gets softer and faster!

RE= Rebound
comp = compression
sag is sag!!

and sag adjusts ? sorry for the ignorance but i've never played w/ it caus i dont know what it does... please explain

i understand everything else.... turn the bottom screws all the way to the left to soften compression and the top ones all the way to the right or a slower rebound.... correct? (although i usually go back half a turn when i hit either stopping point of the screws)

Last edited by mike1984; 11-24-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:17 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

and sag adjusts ? sorry for the ignorance but i've never played w/ it caus i dont know what it does... please explain

i understand everything else.... turn the bottom screws all the way to the left to soften compression and the top ones all the way to the right or a slower rebound.... correct? (although i usually go back half a turn when i hit either stopping point of the screws)
compression and rebound are how fast it moves up and down, sag is how far it will move. the softer your sag is the more the bike will sink when u sit on it or put load on it from droppin wheelies and whatever.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
compression and rebound are how fast it moves up and down, sag is how far it will move. the softer your sag is the more the bike will sink when u sit on it or put load on it from droppin wheelies and whatever.
w/ that being said whats a generally good setting for the sag?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:51 PM

w/ that being said whats a generally good setting for the sag?
its generally set up for the riders weight, theres like static sag which is how far the suspension sinks with no rider on and then the other sag(cant remember the name) when ur on the bike. theres certain mm of sag thats recomended by sportrider magazine or whatever, they have a whole write up on suspension set up. how much of it pertains to stunt riding is debatable.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:57 PM

well i'm not big... 150-155 on a good day lol so whatever pertains to that.... like said before i've never done my stoppies on any other setting the all the way to the right on top and bottom.... i guess next time i get to go ride i'll turn the bottom out and see what kinda difference it makes

Quick Reply: whats the best set up for endos?