Horse Riding Vests

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:21 AM

bigbabyjesus is a decent person
Horse Riding Vests

Just read some threads on the adventure rider forums talking about using these vests. They have a higher protective level than motorcycle armor and back protectors, and cover ribs, chest, and collar bones. Rated Beta2000 Level 3, better than CE motorcycle CE regs, and looks way more realistic than Icon crap. Anybody got a tack shop nearby?

http://www.charlesowen.com/en/products/bps/index.php

Old 11-21-2007, 04:23 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Horse Riding Vests

thing looks like swat team vest
Old 11-21-2007, 04:42 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

and i wouldn't think they would be very good on asphault.....

i don't think they will slide as good as an icon or some thing like it
Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 AM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

I thought you were on the wrong site for a minute.Impact absorbsion seems good but that thing would rip to shreds on concrete
Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

works great for when your Rollin through them rough neighborhoods though
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vest1.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	202785  

Last edited by StrictlyStunt; 11-21-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:54 AM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

emm frisk me baby :YEAH
Old 11-21-2007, 06:37 AM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

stasis is actually got a few prototype vest and armor in the works for the 2008 line...i am glad i saw this and since i did i figured i would ask what would be best for a protective armor setup... if you guys got any suggestions..i would thank you for the help.... i want to make sure i make something that is totally usuable and functional as well as bad *** looking....here is the way i have been leaning so far... i used a pic of the rush deal set and went for that style along with some of the plastic components from the icon style and a less bulky spine pad..but made with stronger plastics to protect the spine better...

Name:	stasis vest front.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	202786   Click image for larger version

Name:	stasis vest rear.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	202787  
Old 11-21-2007, 08:28 AM

skinnyR! is a decent person

Originally Posted by BISHOP PHILLIPS
stasis is actually got a few prototype vest and armor in the works for the 2008 line...i am glad i saw this and since i did i figured i would ask what would be best for a protective armor setup... if you guys got any suggestions..i would thank you for the help.... i want to make sure i make something that is totally usuable and functional as well as bad *** looking....here is the way i have been leaning so far... i used a pic of the rush deal set and went for that style along with some of the plastic components from the icon style and a less bulky spine pad..but made with stronger plastics to protect the spine better...
<---

I have that rush deal vest. Similiar to the icon, but stands out in a crowd and seems to have a better spine protector. Sized way to small though. I have the large, which is the biggest size, and the thing is still to short for me, and im only 6 foot 165 lb.

AND not to mention I paid out my *** to get the thing from Japan. But overall, worth it. I def like it.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM

Ghini is a decent person

bishop, maybe some zip off or velcro arm & elbow pads as an accessorie(sp) that attach to the vest? just throwin out ideas
Old 11-21-2007, 09:49 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
<---

I have that rush deal vest.
AND not to mention I paid out my *** to get the thing from Japan. But overall, worth it. I def like it.

Define "out the ***" please. That thing looks PIMP!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:50 AM

Tony2k2R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PLAYA-P
emm frisk me baby :YEAH
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BISHOP PHILLIPS
looks pimp. some shoulder protection would be nice. icon doesn't offer that.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
Define "out the ***" please. That thing looks PIMP!
Almost $300.

The icon equivalent cookie cutter version that everyone else runs is $100. But NOBODY has the Rush Deal stuff. You have to find someone who travels to Japan, and they need to fly back with it. That is the only way to get that stuff.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:30 AM

You can kinda see how small it is in my avatar full size pic .....

Name:	Aug1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	202789  
Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

Originally Posted by bigbabyjesus
Just read some threads on the adventure rider forums talking about using these vests. They have a higher protective level than motorcycle armor and back protectors, and cover ribs, chest, and collar bones. Rated Beta2000 Level 3, better than CE motorcycle CE regs, and looks way more realistic than Icon crap. Anybody got a tack shop nearby?

looks also like a damn life jacket, but id pound this chick fo sho
Old 11-21-2007, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Trachito
looks pimp. some shoulder protection would be nice. icon doesn't offer that.
i was thinking the same thing... kinda like the girls up in the pic.. but made out of ce plastics are carbon fiber
Old 11-21-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
<---

I have that rush deal vest. Similiar to the icon, but stands out in a crowd and seems to have a better spine protector. Sized way to small though. I have the large, which is the biggest size, and the thing is still to short for me, and im only 6 foot 165 lb.

it really stands out cause you are probably the only one with it for sure...they are bad ***...i paid 350 just to get mine so i can research and develop the one for stasis..our is gonna be cheaper in price but 2x better... and mine will come in a american size large...lol i think what they call large in japan in about 5'6 130 pounds. .. i plan on having them ready by mid january to display at my booth at stunt wars and the indy dealer show... they will be priced at 199.99 and the adjustable shoulder/elbow pads and proctection will be around 50.00 bucks...everyone on stunt life that orders through stasis with our code will get the armor and extra protection for 160 shipped to the door instead of the 250.00... so if any one is interested just let me know... and i will inform you guys when it is finished..
Old 11-21-2007, 12:36 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

nina weee will become famous soon enoughnina weee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bigbabyjesus

More realistic than that Icon Crap ??

I assume you havent flipped a stoppie and had the 12 bar come down and smash you right in the middle of the spine while wearing an Icon Vest
Old 11-23-2007, 03:05 AM

bigbabyjesus is a decent person

Yeah, I was thinking for use under a jacket, not out except for maybe parking lot falls in the summer. After reading about the difference in coverage and impact performance between these vests and mc back and chest protecotors or CE stuff. It's cheaper than the seperate pieces too. They say ribs break at 4kN, and these things are the only armor that can get that low.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:24 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

even umpire vests have shoulder protection ,a must in my oppinion

i have considered wearing my moto x chest and spine protector minus the arm peices

i think a mix of the two would be perfect and the shoulders always get rash in a tuck and roll sitiuation like a flipped stoppie

Quick Reply: Horse Riding Vests