brake problems help ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:19 PM
BDK

Steven Palmer is an unknown quantity at this point
brake problems help ?

so riding stunt bike in lot start to leave go home and my front brakes lock up whn i stop , after few min they kinda relive them selfs a little so i ride home right down road and when i get to the house they do it again i didnt use front brake that whole time i road home ?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:22 PM

cjstunts is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: brake problems help ?

sounds like the brakes are dragging, causing heat to create pressure in the lines, check the calipers, and check the brake fluid to see if it has been boiled, you can get test strips at autozone or parts stores like that,
Old 11-17-2007, 03:32 PM
BDK

Originally Posted by cjstunts
sounds like the brakes are dragging, causing heat to create pressure in the lines, check the calipers, and check the brake fluid to see if it has been boiled, you can get test strips at autozone or parts stores like that,
yea i felt the calipers and they were really hot , way hotter than the rotors so what do i do i wasnt really using my front brakes tho
Old 11-17-2007, 03:33 PM
BDK

Originally Posted by cjstunts
and test stips to see if it has boiled
Old 11-17-2007, 04:50 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Test strips to see if your brake fluid boiled. If you havent done it already you should replace your existing fluid with Motul RBF600. Has a 592 degree boiling point or something close to that. You should also replace your stock lines with steel braided lines. Not that any of this has to do with your current problem but if you're gonna be riding the brake while learning its better to have higher boiling point fluid to eliminate possible brake fade. My 2 cents.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:11 PM
BDK

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Test strips to see if your brake fluid boiled. If you havent done it already you should replace your existing fluid with Motul RBF600. Has a 592 degree boiling point or something close to that. You should also replace your stock lines with steel braided lines. Not that any of this has to do with your current problem but if you're gonna be riding the brake while learning its better to have higher boiling point fluid to eliminate possible brake fade. My 2 cents.
thats the thing its my front brakes and im practicing wheelies not stoppies , i hardly used them but thanks yea i know bout the lines ill get that fluid tho , do you need one those break bleeders is it necessary
Old 11-17-2007, 06:31 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Like I said homie - nothing to do with your problem but something you should do anyway. I bought one of those bleeder kits but **** didnt work for me. I couldnt get it air tight to pull the fluid out. Maybe I bought a shitty one - who knows. You can bleed the brakes without it though - squeeze the lever a few times and crack the bleeder. If you want to flush the old fluid out and replace with the new Motul - I was told to go through 5-6 reservoirs but I went through 10 just in case. Good luck with your brake problem.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:52 PM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Steven Palmer
thats the thing its my front brakes and im practicing wheelies not stoppies , i hardly used them but thanks yea i know bout the lines ill get that fluid tho , do you need one those break bleeders is it necessary

you don't need it just have someone there to help you. take your lines off and completely flush the system. refill it and then bleed the lines. like he said squeeze the lever a few times and open and shut the bleeder. adn keep doing it until its tight. let me know what happens
Old 11-17-2007, 09:37 PM
BDK

Yea thanks for the advice guys , ill do that i talked to somone they said the pistons in the caliper probably got **** all over them so clean that to, when you flush it go through 8 times with new fluid ?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:20 PM

WristTwister164 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Steven Palmer
Yea thanks for the advice guys , ill do that i talked to somone they said the pistons in the caliper probably got **** all over them so clean that to, when you flush it go through 8 times with new fluid ?
ya thats what it kinda sounded like to me.
i think they mean bleed it 5 or 8 or 10 or whatever times.
as in squeeze the lever.....a few times and open and shut the bleeder....then squeeze the lever again...and open and shut the bleeder....etc

you want it tight and nooooo air in the lines
Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

this can happen from over filling you brake fluid..

when you put the cap on your res if it's over full it will creat a little bit of pressure in the sysytem and the little bit of pressure will cause your brakes to drag just enough to create alot of heat..

that heat in turn will cause the fluid to expand and that creates more pressure, the hotter it gets the more pessure it builds untill it boils the fluid...
Old 11-18-2007, 12:27 PM
BDK

Originally Posted by old man roger
this can happen from over filling you brake fluid..

when you put the cap on your res if it's over full it will creat a little bit of pressure in the sysytem and the little bit of pressure will cause your brakes to drag just enough to create alot of heat..

that heat in turn will cause the fluid to expand and that creates more pressure, the hotter it gets the more pessure it builds untill it boils the fluid...
cool cool see thats what i was thinkin that it would expand and do that , cause yesterday looked at the glass it was bout were it should be but when started doin it seemed all way full thanks man im goin to redo them any ways , were can i get cheep stainless line i guess on that bike i need 3 different lines for the i was lookin at it