636 safety sleeve (fork) and seal replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:54 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 636 safety sleeve (fork) and seal replacement

thats what i'm waiting to find out, i think i'm gonna throw on a set of the 07 zx6r forks and go from there
Old 11-16-2007, 11:04 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

hey bill i got set off my 06 that the bottoms are wobbling is it tooo late for them or can they be fixed
Old 01-12-2008, 08:34 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the 05'-06' front ends were solid and true? they snappin too now?...the front end was the main reason i wanted an 05' 636 but if they all need the service might as well save the extra money and get an 03'...
Old 01-12-2008, 10:36 AM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

any feedback from guys that have had it done to 03-04 636 forks, i wanna do mine but i wanna makesure i'll never have to worry about it, i ridea lot of andem and dont wanna put my girl in that kind of position to chance something happening
Old 01-29-2008, 03:17 PM

skoh will become famous soon enough

yeah I hear they start leaking before they go, well mine just started leaking.. full throttle here I come
Old 01-29-2008, 03:37 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by skoh
yeah I hear they start leaking before they go, well mine just started leaking.. full throttle here I come
let bill know they are leaking before you send them to him because it might be too late for those forks...

i am not saying for sure it's too late but at least tell him
Old 01-29-2008, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
let bill know they are leaking before you send them to him because it might be too late for those forks...

Wow good thing I posted here, thanks OMR
Old 01-29-2008, 05:35 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

shouldnt u just replace the seals if its leaking lol <<< just saying.... i do know
Old 01-29-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by DURTY
shouldnt u just replace the seals if its leaking lol <<< just saying.... i do know
yes, one would think. but I was told by someone who knows bikes pretty well that they leak before they fail totally. I just want a safe ride.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i thought he wass talking about the forks leaking around the bottom not the seals ...or at least thats what i was talking about

if your seals are leaking then yes get bill to replace them while he has the forks apart but if they are leaking around the bottom then they are not safe to ride on and you should let bill know that
Old 01-30-2008, 05:47 AM

bottom. thanks for the heads up i'd hate to have shipped him forks that we're fubar
Old 01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow so it seems these damn forks are super long with thin sleeve walls. Well this seems like a good fix or at the least added protection. Im guessing the sleeve is screwed into the lower end of the forks?? So he unscrews the old sleeve and inserts this longer length sleeve with a thicker wall?? Is it possible to purchase just the new sleeve and do the work myself?? Or perhaps just send the lower end of the fork, slider, axle and sleeve with no oil. This would reduce weight for shipping.
Nice work Bill. You sound like a true innovator for the sport.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:59 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by 287ridah
Wow so it seems these damn forks are super long with thin sleeve walls. Well this seems like a good fix or at the least added protection. Im guessing the sleeve is screwed into the lower end of the forks?? So he unscrews the old sleeve and inserts this longer length sleeve with a thicker wall?? Is it possible to purchase just the new sleeve and do the work myself?? Or perhaps just send the lower end of the fork, slider, axle and sleeve with no oil. This would reduce weight for shipping.
Nice work Bill. You sound like a true innovator for the sport.
i think the part bill adds is pressed in to the chrome tube so you probably could just send him that but most people don't know how to take there forks apart and put them back together , and bill may not want to do it that way he knows every thing is done right ..you could ask him
Old 01-30-2008, 01:04 PM

mikkee is a decent person

I need to get mine done too, my seals have been leaking since November so if they were leaking from the bottom i wouldn't know.. That sucks
Old 01-30-2008, 01:12 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by mikkee
I need to get mine done too, my seals have been leaking since November so if they were leaking from the bottom i wouldn't know.. That sucks
im pretty sure he said he would replace seals while doing the mod if you let him know they need it ,i don't remember the additional price but it was cheap as hell because he would already have the fork apart
Old 01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

i think the part bill adds is pressed in to the chrome tube so you probably could just send him that but most people don't know how to take there forks apart and put them back together , and bill may not want to do it that way he knows every thing is done right ..you could ask him
Without the proper tools putting back together these forks is damn near impossible!! What a headache. Taking them apart is a pain too but duable. Unscrewing that nut on the inner rod is a bitch to get to cause you have to push against the spring to even get to it. Man I liked conventional forks, much easier to replace forks seals n stuff.
What about the threaded part?? Isnt he just replacing the current sleeve with a better one? Whoever aggreed to put these long ***, thin wall forks on the 03-04 and maybe 05-06 kawi's needs to be shot and stabbed. I cant believe their isnt a recall on these damn things yet. Has anyone looked into getting these things recalled. Some non stunter is going to brake hard because someone cut them off and have their forks snaps!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:31 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

im pretty sure he said he would replace seals while doing the mod if you let him know they need it ,i don't remember the additional price but it was cheap as hell because he would already have the fork apart
extra $25
Old 01-30-2008, 02:59 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Yep an extra 25.. I talked to him a few days after this thread was released on here. want to do the stiffer aftermarket springs seals and sleve all at the same time. Though that's around $500 all at once and I'm poor so... someday..
Old 02-20-2008, 08:08 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

$295 damn thats a bit steep
Old 02-20-2008, 08:15 PM
also known as OMR

not really if you consider buying a used pair that may need this mod any way......

Quick Reply: 636 safety sleeve (fork) and seal replacement