New Thread for 636 forks /looking for new forks to put on 636

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice
Re: New Thread for 636 forks /looking for new forks to put on 636

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
I boy has some 05 r6 forks, the inverted ones. They are 50mm, Im gonna try them and see what happens. I just need a r6 wheel and spacers
R6 forks break just the same. ive seen guys go through 3 different forks collectively.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:48 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ok then all forks break...........

there is room inside the fork tubes to slide in some steel tubing and reinforce the bottom of the tube
Old 11-06-2007, 04:54 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

when i decide to get motivated im gonna solve this problem and make a simple fix that any one can do ...........
Old 11-06-2007, 05:11 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jaket
why is everybody just looking for USD forks. put some 900rr front it there and it will last a lifetime. also the rim will last a lot longer the 636 front rim
This is what I have been thinking of doing.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger

there is room inside the fork tubes to slide in some steel tubing and reinforce the bottom of the tube
when i decide to get motivated im gonna solve this problem and make a simple fix that any one can do ...........

Hmmmmmm... i have a spare set of 03-04's... might have to try that... get on it OMR... us guys up north will be working on it too...

I honestly thought about getting a set welded at the base but then realized it's two different kinds of metal and the inside slider is very thin walled...
Old 11-06-2007, 11:18 PM

Paul is an unknown quantity at this point

It would probably just break right above the weld.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:28 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

i hear ohlins makes a nice setup
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
i hear ohlins makes a nice setup
what ?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:38 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

I think MAGURA also was selling new fork bottoms for bikes that had regular brakes. You change those and then it's possible to use radial brakes.

Is it the cast part that cracks or is it the slider tube that breaks.?

Ohlins makes forks for basicly any bike. they are just costly. lot of ohlins have billet aluminium bottoms, so they are almoust impossible to break, at least compared to cast ones. Billet doesn't break like cast.

I think if some metal tube would go inside the slider and would have welded bottom with a hole, so the damper rod bolt would hold it at place. that would probably make is safe. even if the fork would break, it would hold it.->no crash.

-- crome and aluminium cast cannot be welded. It's possible to use locktite to keep it from loosening, but that's it.

one solution would be use some metallic clamps over the cast, that would be easy, not sure would it help if it cracks.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:42 AM
also known as OMR

the chrome part is what breaks so the insert is the way to go i think...

omr fork inserts......lol
Old 11-07-2007, 06:44 AM
also known as OMR

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and just so you don't think im stealing your idea
Old 11-07-2007, 01:12 PM

what ?
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN
Old 11-07-2007, 01:15 PM
also known as OMR

**** you can buy a whole new stunt bike for what they want for a set of forks.......lol
Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 PM

i kno i was just pointing it out....broken forks during a stoppie or a few g's u decide...ahaha omr u need to fab sumthing up
Old 11-07-2007, 01:46 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

OMR fork inserts... fab em up, ill test them

Hey, looking at some of the broken fork pics, it seems that sometimes the lower leg simply separates from the foot... and doesnt break... do you tihnk inserts would help to keep them from not only breaking, but separating as well...

you do see what i mean right OMR? it looks like the whole bottom slider rips out of the base...
Old 11-07-2007, 01:56 PM

everyone shud just run f4i front ends
Old 11-07-2007, 02:29 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T-NECK
R6 forks break just the same. ive seen guys go through 3 different forks collectively.
WELL WTF!!!! Scratch that idea. I guess run some gixxer forks, or 07 636 forks.
I looked at the r6 forks last night, they have that same set screw thing on the inside of the fork. Just like 03-04 636 forks.
So guess im fucked no matter what.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:34 PM
also known as OMR

i hate to say it but i have seen a set of gsxr forks get loose at the bottom and leak oil.......

there was play just like the 636
Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
WELL WTF!!!! Scratch that idea. I guess run some gixxer forks, or 07 636 forks.
I looked at the r6 forks last night, they have that same set screw thing on the inside of the fork. Just like 03-04 636 forks.
So guess im fucked no matter what.
. .
Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

the set screw has nothign to do with them breaking
Old 11-07-2007, 02:46 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by -Nasty-
the set screw has nothign to do with them breaking
correct ,it just keeps the tube from unscrewing

Quick Reply: New Thread for 636 forks /looking for new forks to put on 636