atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Thread for 636 forks /looking for new forks to put on 636

like t-neck said, an r1 might be a good idea to try
Old 11-05-2007, 05:03 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by atl freestyle
need to get someone to measure up the forks on an R1... then someone needs to donate a full R1 front end to me so i can figure out how to frankenstein it up to a 636 frame, etc...
Old 11-05-2007, 05:05 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

looks sick , i like how the way it looks ..john , do i have to get an complete front end or just slide in the forks ?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by John LegionST
need to get someone to measure up the forks on an R1... then someone needs to donate a full R1 front end to me so i can figure out how to frankenstein it up to a 636 frame, etc...
Diameters and lengths are the same R1-636 its the triples that are different. but i have no race diameter information at all.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:08 PM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big R 508
looks sick , i like how the way it looks ..john , do i have to get an complete front end or just slide in the forks ?
i would think you need a whole front end, cause more than likely the calipers, rotors, axel, wheel, etc.... is diffrent from one make to another(ex.-636 calipers probably won't bolt up the R6/r1 forks) but IDK
Old 11-05-2007, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Big R 508
I will try to get better pics up later (its not on my 636 anymore so i cant just take more pics, i have to dig for old ones...)

I used a COMPLETE (as in both triples, fork legs, wheel, rotors, fender, etc, the 636/gsxr-1000 calipers are interchangable)

You have to knock the stock bearing races out of the 636 frame and then put the GSXR-1000 races in the 636 frame, then everything bolts up but it's about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch shorter than the 636 stock setup, so you have to leave one of the nuts the hold the bottom triple/stem on... usually there is a nut and another similar nut (spanner style) between the frame and top triple.. but you have to leave on out... then it fits pretty nicely...

in the end its a tiny bit short so you have to run the forks as low as you can in the triples so that the bike will sit level...

hope that helps, ill try to get pics up later...

Originally Posted by T-NECK
Diameters and lengths are the same R1-636 its the triples that are different. but i have no race diameter information at all.
Thanks Mr. Neck... hey, think you might have a set of R1 races laying around Warped toys or the crib that you could send me... i have a spare 636 frame i could try them in...
Old 11-05-2007, 05:29 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i hate to say it but i have seen a set of gsxr forks get loose at the bottom and leak oil.......

there was play just like the 636
Old 11-05-2007, 05:32 PM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by atl freestyle
i just remebered my painter had a set of r1 forks on his 03 636 and he made a rc51 front wheel work too....
Old 11-05-2007, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
i hate to say it but i have seen a set of gsxr forks get loose at the bottom and leak oil.......

there was play just like the 636

noooooooooooooooo WTF!!! haha...

Okay, anyone for welding their lower fork leg?!?!

new market... STUNT FORKS!

Im sure with enough abuse, wear, and time, ALL forks would do this, its just that 636 forks hav proven themselves not stunt worthy where as GSXR's i think we can all agree have... time will tell...
Old 11-05-2007, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by fatboystuntz
i just remebered my painter had a set of r1 forks on his 03 636 and he made a rc51 front wheel work too....
custom wheel spacers? ask how, get info and pics please bro!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:40 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

y couldn't you use an R1 front end but use the stock triple trees from the 636? the fork diameter is exactly the same 50MM the same goes for zx10r they all have 50MM forks along with a few others out there. sure you may have to have the whole setup like calipers, fender rotors etc etc etc. but its not the triple tree thats falling apart its the bottom of the forks, kinda pointless to change all that and try to fit races in and so on. do i make sense here or am i missing something? just an idea
Old 11-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by 05R6on1
y couldn't you use an R1 front end but use the stock triple trees from the 636? the fork diameter is exactly the same 50MM the same goes for zx10r they all have 50MM forks along with a few others out there. sure you may have to have the whole setup like calipers, fender rotors etc etc etc. but its not the triple tree thats falling apart its the bottom of the forks, kinda pointless to change all that and try to fit races in and so on. do i make sense here or am i missing something? just an idea
thew top triples are all 50 mm on the bikes you listed...
but i kno for honda the top triple is 50 mm but belive the bottom is 54mm compared to the 636 which is 52mm i belive..

as far as the zx 10, i belive the front ends are the same as the newer 636s and the new zx10 and zx6 are the same...
but they are still kawis and im scared of them now
Old 11-05-2007, 05:47 PM

The reason is spacing issues bro...

Even though R1 forks might slide right into 636 triples... then which wheel do you use... 636 triples might be more narrow or wider than R1 triples... therefore the wheel might not fit...

get it?

Only way to tell is trial and error... but its not as simple as many people thing with 50MM = 50MM and everything will bolt right up... also you have to remeber that rotor and caliper spacing might be different... lots of spacing and clearance issues when doing this... TRIAL AND ERROR, trial and error... we'll get it figured out!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:50 PM

fuzz600 is an unknown quantity at this point

the lower triple is a different size on the zx 10 and the zx 10 forks are super short, already tried those i think they were like an inch shorter or more
Old 11-05-2007, 05:56 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

okay , i used to have 03 750 suzukis and never had a problem with it but the only thing that make alot of noise squeaaaaaks like a mouse.

i have 600rr but i m gunna try see how it work from there and make it everything possbile also my boy got extra 2007 yamaha R6 race verison forks....i ll probably working up all night tonight and finish my subcage while i m doin front ends too.

fat boy stunts , o yea i feel ya and also i couldnt imagine 2 b in your shoe and flipped ...anything can happen like if you are doin fast coasters then one land what will it happen ?

that sucks.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think the reason alot of forks get loose at the bottom may have some thing to do with worn out fork busings......

when the fork bushings get worn out the front end will chatter when you hit the brakes hard[stoppies] and that chatter is beating the hell out of the forks it is like taking an impact hammer to the bottom of your forks......
Old 11-05-2007, 06:10 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

ok well that answers my questions lol. makes perfect sense i know the lowers are different on a lot of bikes i didn't think of it. but i had to ask. what about thew 07 tubes and front end will they fit the triples of an 03 636. i have the 03 GPR on my bike and wouldn't wanna have to change it so i wanna keep the stock triples but deffinately change the forks before something happens
Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

My 06 front end chatters, but I think it's just bad pads. The 06 kawi forks are made by the same company Showa that make the honda forks.. what problems exactly are people having with these? My fender moves a bit too when I hit the brakes but it's no big deal.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:13 PM

ok well that answers my questions lol. makes perfect sense i know the lowers are different on a lot of bikes i didn't think of it. but i had to ask. what about thew 07 tubes and front end will they fit the triples of an 03 636. i have the 03 GPR on my bike and wouldn't wanna have to change it so i wanna keep the stock triples but deffinately change the forks before something happens
pretty sure u can just slide the whole 07 right inot ur triples and call it a day

Quick Reply: New Thread for 636 forks /looking for new forks to put on 636