Some Q's on ridin wheelies....n some other shit

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:18 AM

Location: A-K-Rowdy, OH...where the weak are killed and eaten
Affliction600 is a decent person
Some Q's on ridin wheelies....n some other ****

This is my first post and i got some **** to ask. Just started ridin bout 3 months ago and i got bored with just ridin so ive been hittin a lot of empty straight aways practicin wheelies..n im gettin a little better...i pretty much practice in the 30-50mph n only slip the clutch....ive put 5000mi on my new k7 and already went through a new clutch (starting to think buying a new bike was a real bad idea bc i used to want to look good and now all i want is bike that i can beat the **** out of)...this information really not neccessary but id figured id give the idea of where im at...now for the Q's...An answer to any of these questions would help me out

1) Ill slip the clutch to pop it up but sometimes in the process of poppin it up, ridin it out, and bringin it down ill accidentally slip the bike into neutral...could this be why i had to already get a new clutch?...and should my bike be slippin into neutral that easy or is something wrong with my gears (by the way ive already had to get a new cirvo motor and actuator cable bc they kept going bad...dont know if this affects any of this ****...)

2)After it slips into neutral...ive tried to kick it into second but it just grinds the **** out of it....obviously i learned that from the grinding noise...so now i just slow down til i can put it in 1st again when this happens...how bad is that ****** up my bike if its happened a couple times?

3)I know slippin the clutch is gonna wear down the clutch...but to what extent (lets say that pretty much every time i ride...im practicing wheelies...and i ride for a couple hours at a time)?

4)Finding a baland point? ive been riding some wheelies out really good and one actually felt like i was at a balance point cause...well i mean...i could just feel it...like the bike just there...but..im no good at using my back brake yet and my way of bringing the bike down is lettin out the throttle..whats the best way to get used to using the back brake...and at what speed (all stock gearing)...?just practice and grow *****?

5)Finally...when practicing stand up wheelies with the left foot on the passenger peg?**** is the most uncomfortable thing ever...is the best way to get used to it is to just man up and the pull the ****** up or is there any practice techniques to help with getting used to it?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:25 AM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Some Q's on ridin wheelies....n some other ****

The answer to all your questions:
Originally Posted by Affliction600
...just practice and grow *****?...
Old 11-05-2007, 03:45 AM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

Can someone please post the bunny with a pancake on it's head
Old 11-05-2007, 10:01 AM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

staggered feels better after you get used to it and we do it cus it feels better at BP with a straight leg. roll about 20 mph or so and slip the clutch in 1st gear sitting down to start with. dont mess with any other gears and never shift in a wheelie. just stay in first you can rice all day in 1st.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:12 AM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

This post was almost off the page but, since you bumped it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bunny-pancake-774244.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	202030  
Old 11-05-2007, 10:27 AM

YodaCon is an unknown quantity at this point

#1 slow down and practice at slower speeds
#2 While learning every part of your bike gets abused and that means your clutch
#3 If your bike is slippin in to neutral that means you are hitting it with your foot. Focus and train yourself to not hit the shifter
#4 Just keep practicing and you will work all this out

#5 Now because you are new I wont slam you but before coming on and asking some stupid questions research previous posts and I'm sure you will find an informative answer.

good luck learning
Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 AM

samurai87 is a decent person

learn how to ride before you start stunting, it sounds like you jus bout a bike, have no idea about anything, and now you wanna stunt.....it doesnt work that way, you WILL get hurt if you dont get more used to your bike first!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:06 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by YodaCon
#1 slow down and practice at slower speeds
#2 While learning every part of your bike gets abused and that means your clutch
#3 If your bike is slippin in to neutral that means you are hitting it with your foot. Focus and train yourself to not hit the shifter
#4 Just keep practicing and you will work all this out

#5 Now because you are new I wont slam you but before coming on and asking some stupid questions research previous posts and I'm sure you will find an informative answer.

good luck learning
i dont think his questions sounded too stupid. they were pretty decent considering he asked about the mechanics of the bike and not just "How do you wheelie?" definitely research first, however. u usually find out all kinds of other useful info in the process.

and yup, he's hittin the lever into neutral. i used to do that by accident.

most importantly, USE THAT REAR BRAKE!!!!!!! hover ur foot over it and tap it as needed to control ur wheelies.

staggard is weird at first but u get used to it. i've been practicing them for so long that sitdowns feel weird now.

Originally Posted by samurai87
learn how to ride before you start stunting, it sounds like you jus bout a bike, have no idea about anything, and now you wanna stunt.....it doesnt work that way, you WILL get hurt if you dont get more used to your bike first!!!
eh, i was riding only 3 months in when i first started hopping them up. yeah, he could use more riding experience but he should be okay. he's gonna get hurt regardless. just wear a jacket, gloves, and a lid.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:36 AM

keithk76 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. keep your foot away from the shifter. standing staggered will keep your foot away. i think you are burning up your clutch if you only got 5000 miles out of it. youve gotta slip it out pretty fast.

2. if you are moving and the bike is in neutral the motor is down at idle so it will grind if you try to put it in gear. you have to rev up the motor to match the road speed to the engine speed and it will pop right up into second.

3. when you learn to clutch correctly it doesnt wear it that much extra.

4. just start hittin the back brake to bring the wheelie down and practice until using it become second nature. stay in 1st gear.

5. staggered is the best once you get used to it especially once you get them up to balance point they are so comfy.

take it slow wear your gear and prepare to trash your new bike. welcome to the site theres a lot of good info in other threads but the search is broken so you gotta just go through the pages or use google.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 PM

So whats the best way to not burn the clutch when slippin it....i mean...the way i do it is roll at about 30 to 50mph, let go the throttle, pull in the clutch...then rip the throttle and slip it...do i just need to slip it faster or what or is what im doin right...n should i probably slow down at keep practicing at like 20mph, b/c..im doin pretty good at the speed im going...and i like it cause i feel like i have more control of the bike when im poppin it up at faster speeds..i know the balance point is lower at faster speeds....but would it still be best to slow down and keep doin it that way..(n thanks for all the tips...**** will help me out)
Old 11-05-2007, 01:21 PM

also...ive heard different opinions to learning wheelies staggered and sitting down?which way do you think is best?...(n i look up a lot of info all the time but i like to get the opinions firsthand from different people)..n i know the feeling of wrecking..was taking a turn real low..hit some gravel...you know how it goes from there...the road rash was fun though...i enjoyed losing a chunk of meat under my kneecap..
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

So whats the best way to not burn the clutch when slippin it
take your right hand and make a fist like youre holding on to the throttle, then proceed to punch yourself in the nuts for making me read that long ******* post my first day back on SL.

-mexican mayhem
Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM

WristTwister164 is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05
take your right hand and make a fist like youre holding on to the throttle, then proceed to punch yourself in the nuts for making me read that long ******* post my first day back on SL.

-mexican mayhem
:YEAH
Dude, i've been practicing for a while....30-50 mph is way to fast. all the info and people tell me to roll like 10-15mph max....i've been doing 15 mph stuff....but i think im going to slow down to under 10 even. your going to fast. learn slower ****....your gunna mess **** up going that fast. Learn first gear stuff untill you got bp down... then move up in gears and speed from there
Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM

thanks for the help padre (stock05)...n im in first gear doin that ****

Last edited by Affliction600; 11-05-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

thanks for the help padre (stock05)...n im in first gear doin that ****
follow my advice everytime you want to wheelie and i guarantee your clutch will stay minty .

-mexican mayhem
Old 11-05-2007, 01:55 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

ur in first gear doing them at 30mph+??!?!!! hell no, man, slow way the **** down, around 10 mph. keep practicing and ur timing will get better as far as rolling on the throttle and slippin the clutch.

and do staggerd. its more pimp and when u get the wheelies down good, u'll be able to see where ur going better.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:56 PM

Sandals is a decent person

:bunny:

damn it doesnt work on this forum... oh well