Im Getting Better but I have a long way to go!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:22 PM

trickshow is a decent person
Cool Im Getting Better but I have a long way to go!

WAtch this video of me..... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q7tp9SwBDI)

Any Tips?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of
Re: Im Getting Better but I have a long way to go!

more throttle before letting the clutch out

edit-a lot more
Old 11-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

Here is my advice.

#1.Dont practice at night. I belive that seeing your enviroment will help you get a better feel of where you are.

#2.If you are going for a b/p wheelie, start off clutching in 2nd gear.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:48 PM

why 2nd gear its easier to bring up in first
Old 11-01-2007, 11:50 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

stay in first. Try to come to a complete stop, more gas on the clutch up.....try to slow it down too, or get a bigger spot.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:54 PM

im gona practice all day tomorrow ill have another video up. in that video u saw i usually can do them higher and longer than that i just wasn't that maybe cuz it was dark out lol iunno.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

I didnt see the video before I posted, and was just going off the pic.

+1 to what Beto said
Old 11-02-2007, 01:10 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I still suck and am learning but I'll tell you what helped me. Someone told me this and its the only thing that finally started helping me. I kept one foot on the ground and one foot covering the brake(even though I wasnt using it at first like I should have been) and started popping it up right to the bar. Didnt try to ride em out - was just trying to come up to the bar to realize just how high it was. Then after coming back to the bar the first few times you lose that fear of looping coz you know where it is. Also, with learning with one foot on the ground if you come to the bar too quick your natural instinct will be to put your foot on the ground and you'll be standing - just try to pull the clutch in and hold onto the bike rather then dropping it. After you get that down and while you're getting that down starting tapping your brake prior to getting to the bar which is the point I'm at right now. In my case, it all started to fall into place once I realized just how far back that bar really was. Before coming back to the bar I was doing the same **** you're doing - clutching it up and chasing it. I wasted all spring and summer doing that and really have made the most progress in the past month. Sorry for rambling on. And like I said - I suck and am still learning but just letting you know what helped me stop chasing my wheelies. Good luck homie.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

trick, isnt that blue hill in milton ? what kind spot is that
Old 11-02-2007, 10:14 AM

na its in hyde park dude, sick spot to stunt. it doesnt look it but its lit up at night.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:30 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

trickshow.... keep pluggin away imo , it's about alot of launches...:YEAH

+1 on Beto, Compton , and OneWheelneal

I used and still use foot down techniques (mixed in with normal foot on peg techniques ) even while progressing.... my first one handers and NTH's and no handers were all with foot down...ya' know ?

but doing the 0-1 mph launches ...and catchin' it with the rear brake and trying to go slow... (doing a shitload of them ...thousands ) that's where the real "slow wheelies" are learned IMO good luck
Old 11-02-2007, 10:33 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
I used and still use foot down techniques (mixed in with normal foot on peg techniques ) even while progressing.... my first one handers and NTH's and no handers were all with foot down...ya' know ?

but doing the 0-1 mph launches ...and catchin' it with the rear brake and trying to go slow... (doing a shitload of them ...thousands ) that's where the real "slow wheelies" are learned IMO good luck
Thats the only thing that helped me. I'm pissed I wasted all summer chasing wheelies and now that its getting cold I'm starting to make progress. I'll be riding all winter though anyway so it doesnt really matter. Good luck Trickshow. If you're passionate about this **** you'll get to where you need to be. Its all practice.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:53 PM

i am passionate about learning this **** ....im actually upsessed . im gona ride all threwout winter as well. my goal is to find my balancing point before winter ends and start learning circles by summer comes. HOPEFULLY!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:11 PM

Matt H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trickshow
im gona practice all day tomorrow ill have another video up.
You'll have another video up as long as you dont kill yourself with that method of pulling wheelies
Old 11-02-2007, 01:15 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt H
You'll have another video up as long as you dont kill yourself with that method of pulling wheelies
And what's your method all-star?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:21 PM

Matt H is an unknown quantity at this point

My method is probably about the same as yours. What I don't do is slightly pop the front up and then run the bike to redline...
Old 11-02-2007, 02:31 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can come up with the money for a honda xr/crf 50 it will help alot. It will give you the feel of ballence point and help you get your rear brake controll down. I learned rear brake on a 50. My 50 was one of the best things I've bought. Definatly worth every penny.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:00 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

if your trying to learn BP DON'T chase the wheelie.. just pop the clutch and try to bring it up to or around BP...

this is me when i was learning.. i think its the best way to learn with the least amount of damage..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFMa6KdgGI

if you keep chasing your going to hurt yourself!!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM

ya i kno its bad chasing but it feels like im at balancing point . i dont know how far i can go back and im trying NOT to flip my bike. im going stuntin right in a couple of minutes. ill post a vid when i get back from the movies tonight going to see american gangster.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:33 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trickshow
ya i kno its bad chasing but it feels like im at balancing point . i dont know how far i can go back and im trying NOT to flip my bike. im going stuntin right in a couple of minutes. ill post a vid when i get back from the movies tonight going to see american gangster.
if your trying to get an idea of how high you are and how high you can go, keep taking pics and videos. When your forks are perelell to the ground is bp & where you should be at to ride a wheelie. If you can watch a video of yourself it will give you a good idea of how high you are & how much higher you have to be to be at that point.

Quick Reply: Im Getting Better but I have a long way to go!