How well do you treat your bike.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:07 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point
How well do you treat your bike.

For those of you that have mint FF stunters, and for those of us who have crunchy spray painted rigs. Regardless of what you have, how much respect do you give to your bike, and how much effort do you give to keeping it off the pavement? Are they certain tricks you won't do for fear of breaking something? (HC O's for example). Tell your tales and I'll throw in my 2 cents shortly.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: How well do you treat your bike.

I dont care what it looks like ( NOt minty )
But I also just swapped my motor and Rebuildin My original one..

Usually I just put gas n go.. 10k Oil changes (amsoil )

but it takes a beatin for shor..
Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 PM

cjstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

i beat that bitch into submission. then i talk nice to her when i get home and rub her back.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:35 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

I'm not gonna lie, when I had my naked 636, I was very picky about dropping it. It just felt fragile to me, every time I did drop it I would try to save it or soften the fall.

BUT, now that I'm back on the f4i with my SI cage on, it wont bother me much when I drop it. Still, I'll try to take it easy...
Old 11-01-2007, 11:59 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by WHEELIE
I dont care what it looks like ( NOt minty )
But I also just swapped my motor and Rebuildin My original one..

Usually I just put gas n go.. 10k Oil changes (amsoil )

but it takes a beatin for shor..
+1

If you want to treat you motor well use Amsoil
Old 11-02-2007, 12:06 AM

DerekMey is a decent person

Maintenance wise i take great care of it. make sure that it's in perfect mechanical condition. But when i ride, i ride hard. All my buddies will say my rig has been dropped more than most stunters were as kids. My F4i is my stunt bike and that's exactly what i do on it.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:14 AM

Yeah same deal with mine... I wrench on it more than I ride it, but when I ride it.. every 10 minutes it's flying through the air upside down or somethin. I really don't care.. It's a part of clutching in and out of technical ****... it might as well be a bmx bike cuz I toss it away just the same... I don't even check it when I crash, just pick it up and clutch it up into a wheelie again.

it's been crashed into every imagineable surface.. curbs, walls, barriers, stair railings, trailers, etc.. hell I wheelied it into a wall without putting the front end down, clipped railings doing circles and rode them out and kept goin. Motor developed a knock once from crashing a HC O but it went away with time.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:00 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'm just learning basic slow BP wheelies now popping it up from a 2-3mph roll and I drop my bike hard at least 10-20 times per night. Used to be a problem when I had my gixxer but since last week when I got on the F4i I just picked up I have had no major problems(knock on wood). Little **** needs to be tightened here and there so far but the F4i is a tank compared to that flimsy gixxer. I felt the difference right away.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:07 AM

tommy B is a decent person

use to have a problem breaking rear sets but then I cut about 7/8 off them and now im golden
Old 11-02-2007, 02:09 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

If the dirty ***** runs I throw her into the pavement until she or I stop working each practice session

Maintenance? Well, I do put new gas in it when it's low

Last edited by inolen; 11-02-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:19 AM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point

I try not to let it hit the ground, but come on, its a damn stuntbike. honestly, it gets the **** beat out of it. but maintenance wise, I keep it in good condition.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:57 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i try not to crash ,not for the sake of the bike but because it takes so long for me to heal up now....lol

a twisted ankle could take me out of riding for two weeks now when i was younger it was an hour or two

full fairing highchair circles to the right [nags made me do it]

Last edited by old man roger; 11-02-2007 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:41 AM

I hear ya bro... trust me, I haven't been 100% healed since I first started to stunt. I'm going to be a cripple for the rest of my life, even if it isn't very long. But **** it.. it's worth it. Stunting is the more hardcore lifestyle anyone can ever life... none of this trendy emo tight pants ******* gay ****... it's all real ****... real people.. keepin it real gangster.

So far I've rode my bike to and from the stunt spot every single day.. with the exception of chain problems... and this ****** hits the deck hard... I carry a tool kit in my backpack that can basically disassemble my entire bike, zip ties, oil, brake fluid, a full sized torque wrench. ****** is heavy but it pays for itself for all the times it has saved my ***.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:56 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i treat mine likr the bitch it is :YEAH

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p.../clutch085.jpg
Old 11-02-2007, 05:26 AM

Was it you that clutched it up from the side into the grass and wadded your ****? Had me ****** rollin' man... now THAT was funny.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:51 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

I got a nice bike for knee draggin and highway use, baby it some what, fell in love with wheelies and want to really learn, so i got me a stunter to really learn (destory seems to be the correct term presently), but I'm learning, don't want to ruin it but don't mind, thats what its for. When I break it #1 priority is fix it, just had a crack in the welded, she can't be going peices just yet LOL.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:37 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Too good.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:58 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

awsome thread!

I think about my bike like its my body, example if you drop your body and break a bone or hurt something internal it wont be right unless you get it fixed or wait it out to heal, and the older we get the longer the healing process is, especially with stunting accidents, they tend to injure the same body part over and over making life shitty!

with my bike i drop it i think of it like breaking bones or a nasty internal injury. you throw off the throttle boddies you knock the cct around and timing and valves get there bells rung...its all bad!

so i try to drop my bike as minimal as often and save it when i can, soon as i get the oppertunity to do maintenance i do it.

but i still ride to my personal edge every time pushing the envelope further and further.

my goals

1 stay healthy
2 dont drop the bike
3 get better each session (practice everything)
4 stay consistent with my goals
Old 11-02-2007, 08:10 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I treat my bike like a dirty crack emo *****
Old 11-02-2007, 08:28 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

f4i with a good cage - what could possibly break? nothing to worry about

as for maintenance I change the oil once or twice a year, and like inolen i put new gas in it sometimes. I change tires when the cords show, even fronts.

90% of the wrenching i do on it is adding/removing fancy aftermarket parts

Quick Reply: How well do you treat your bike.