How To Get Your Own "STUNTCARD" Made.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How To Get Your Own "STUNTCARD" Made.

YES it worked.......Look this stuntriding is thing is just for fun......the west coast is so worried about paying the bills they forget what comes first ....And yes if you are a well rounded rider 5-10 circles should be nothing....so should a coaster and a stoppie....But if you even try like hell your ok...just have fun and don't go HOLLYWOOD.....I love hollywood.... just don't want to be hollywood.....your all still just squids next to me....
Old 11-01-2007, 08:15 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by salsa0shark
$150 to print 5000 shirts??? Hook it up brutha!
Yeah, that would be nice, I just spent (well I didn't spend it, it was for a business I was doing a promotional campaign for) over 2 grand for about 1/10 that amount of shirts. Simple plain **** too.

There is a lot of hate in this thread. The thread starter is doing something to advance the sport/hobby. It's expensive, difficult, and TIME consuming to try to effectively promote anything.

If you think you can do it better, get out there and do it, it benefits us all.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:22 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OutkastZ_636
your looking at as in o's are the only thing that makes a stunter a real stunters
I never said that you aren't a "real" stunter, I said you probably aren't doing nearly every technical trick out there if you can verily do circles.

Read carefully so we don't derail this thread any farther.

You said you had almost every technical trick out there.. except circles.

All I said is that if you can verily do circles, then I doubt you have every technical trick out there, because currently, the majority of the higher-end of technical tricks revolve around circles.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:26 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

We have always used www.miamiflyers.com and just send them a High RES JPEG....From www.AdamBlumPhotography.com or www.lee-wallace.com and you got the stuff...easy CHEAP and I agree KIDS LOVE THEM!

Can't forget Scott Odell either!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by FrankieG
We have always used www.miamiflyers.com and just send them a High RES JPEG....From www.AdamBlumPhotography.com or www.lee-wallace.com and you got the stuff...easy CHEAP and I agree KIDS LOVE THEM!

Can't forget Scott Odell either!
Are you making like....your own stuntcards??
Old 11-01-2007, 08:34 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
Are you making like....your own stuntcards??
I don't make them...BUT....The sponsors who want to be part of this assist in getting these......When I did the 1st DARE Show in Miami I had posters for the Teachers and 5x7 cards for the kids.....

Tony L always has his 8x11 cards....They are EASY with a pro photographer like the ones listed....Sponsors get on the card EASY (Photoshop) and In like 20 min Adam has cards made...3 days later you can have 5000....

I went through 1000 in Miami! and Ran out!

They are cheap and the KIDS Primarily LOVE it!:YEAH
Old 11-01-2007, 08:37 PM

Corey L is an unknown quantity at this point

should add stats to the cards, makes every rider different in way you know...yearly updates...
Old 11-02-2007, 02:01 AM

k-fos23 is a decent person

you should see inolen ride everytime i watch him ride he does something that makes my jaw drop he climbs all over the damn bike like a sugared up kid and still manages to keep it smooth
Old 11-02-2007, 05:38 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
Not a real job for anybody.....Unless they had means before they started riding full time....nobody is making real money from riding full time and if they are i bet they are almost done with it
And is this stuntjob.com?
i havent read all of the posts, but why is everyone hating on this? i have yet to get my card but believe me I will. It's virtually the same as printing up any other promotion piece of literature, except they do the stuff for me, which is really nice since I am computer illiterate (my spelling ability has clearly sufferred since I quit my full time job teaching to ride motorycles full time). and no, i dont get it for free, i'll pay just like everyone else...at the absolute least its a piece of memorabilia.

maybe the tone of the first post came off wrong but self promotion is part of the game and kids are the future of the sport and like collectables. anyone who doesnt see the value in this stuff or how it can be used to further ones image, name, etc is a fool and living under a rock.

and mike, as a former teacher, I never really had any 'means'...I made 36,000 dollars last year in my 8th year of teaching and I payed a mortgage, there was barely enough to do anything. I make nearly as much money in my first full time year of riding than I do teaching, and that is not counting any contest earnings or show earnings....only my salary as a rider, and solely a rider, competing in basically only XDL and a few other comps...and I haven't even closed all of my sponsor deals since it is barely November.

the only reason i mention anything about my $$ situation is because you always seem to have some sort of fence straddling, underhanded comment about stunt riding and how it's not a sport and its only a hobby. a sport for some can be a hobby for others. by definition (in my mind) a sport is something that is competed at, and I compete at XDL in a National Championship. You want the sport to stay undergound. it always will, but people like me and others will make it as mainstream as possible and make a living off of it, and a decent one at that.

stuntriding and riding in general is for fun, always has, always will. I have a blast doing what I do, even when I'm practicing the same thing over and over...but it's still my job.

and as for the talent thing, anybody can do a layup in basketball with barely any practice, just like anybody can do a SS circle in stuntriding with barely any practice. its only those with NATURAL skill and hardwork, etc that rise above the rest to play in the NBA or compete at the top of xdl. bad example but my point is demonstrated, i just like hoops.

i know most of your comments are directed at squids and posers and people of that nature, so dont take me too seriously; but at the same time, your views are narrowminded at times.

carry on all you pawns in my chess game...

and here's another egotistical comment for those of you who don't know me: to me and some others, stuntlife and the stunt industry inside of the motorcycle industry itself is like watching an experiment that you have significant control of...almost like God and earth. thats a little over the top, but the similarity is there.

i'm playing chess and i'm winning too, btw!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by clayton9698
Ok, so let me get this straight...

Baseball - Don't have to play in the world series, play off game, or even a game to have a card.... Just gotta be on the team.
Football - Don't have to play in the superbowl, play off game, or even a single game to have a card... Just gotta be on a team.
Hockey - ... Who the **** cares...

ya feel me? I totally understand that you dont want every Tom, Dick, and Sherry (ya for the chicks) to have Stunt Cards, but ****, I wouldnt consider myself your "average" stunter, but i dont have the time or the resources to travel to XDL comps or do do shows with anyone other than our Dallas, Corpus, Austin, and San Antonio brothers.

Your cards will be worthless until everyone that is pro gets a chance to get one, maybe on the back insteada football stats, you can have stunt stats, travel the cities, watch the riders, RATE THE RIDERS, and put their rating on their cards. IE Combos 1-10 stars, Circles 1-10 stars, so on and so on.

just bc you are sick at riding and COULD compete with a top pro, does NOT make you a pro. plenty of cats in the hood that can probably school some pro NBA players, but are they pro? no. if you can't make it to the event to compete then you aren't 'pro'.

and comparing stuntriding to any other big name sport including things like drifting, fmx, etc. is foolish bc while we MAY be a niche sport now, we may not be in the near future...our sport is extreeeemely young compared to anything that any of us know so how would you guys expect your cubicle mates to know who anybody is...bet they don't know who james stewart is either. and he's damn mainstream for a professional motorcycle rider.

of course the def. of pro stunter is dependant upon whom you are talking to; but in my mind there are 'hobby' pros and competition pros. the real pros are competing. without competition, we ARE a hobby. with competition we validate our sport...yadda yadda yadda.

to keep with my basketball relations, a pro basketball player is either:
A. someone who plays in a league or series, such as NBA
B. someone who makes a living playing basketball, such as the Harlem Globetrotters or AND 1 (and even in these leagues there is still a competition)

and in stuntriding a pro rider is either:
A. someone who competes in a series or league, such as XDL
B. someone who makes a living riding motorcycles, such as a demo rider (this would be Britton, Road Rash, etc)

both equally fine, both professional.

ps. i dont know why i'm still up posting on SL for the first time in a while...struck a chord i suppose
Old 11-02-2007, 05:56 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

This thread sucks ,thats all nuthin more.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:04 AM

SuicideMyk is an unknown quantity at this point

brrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaap they would be great for putting in my spokes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:10 AM

alevelcs is a decent person

why does my name always gotta get dragged into some ****?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
just bc you are sick at riding and COULD compete with a top pro, does NOT make you a pro. plenty of cats in the hood that can probably school some pro NBA players, but are they pro? no. if you can't make it to the event to compete then you aren't 'pro'.

and comparing stuntriding to any other big name sport including things like drifting, fmx, etc. is foolish bc while we MAY be a niche sport now, we may not be in the near future...our sport is extreeeemely young compared to anything that any of us know so how would you guys expect your cubicle mates to know who anybody is...bet they don't know who james stewart is either. and he's damn mainstream for a professional motorcycle rider.

of course the def. of pro stunter is dependant upon whom you are talking to; but in my mind there are 'hobby' pros and competition pros. the real pros are competing. without competition, we ARE a hobby. with competition we validate our sport...yadda yadda yadda.

to keep with my basketball relations, a pro basketball player is either:
A. someone who plays in a league or series, such as NBA
B. someone who makes a living playing basketball, such as the Harlem Globetrotters or AND 1 (and even in these leagues there is still a competition)

and in stuntriding a pro rider is either:
A. someone who competes in a series or league, such as XDL
B. someone who makes a living riding motorcycles, such as a demo rider (this would be Britton, Road Rash, etc)

both equally fine, both professional.

ps. i dont know why i'm still up posting on SL for the first time in a while...struck a chord i suppose

You know i really don't care either way..I will always be on the side of the fence with fewer people ALWAYS...i hope you make millions from riding really i do.....but you are a rider... i support your skill ....not your sponsors or anybody that profits off your skill(if shift was your company than id be more inclined to buy).....and i love getting a rise out of you which it seems i succeed often...Shouldn't you be workin on those HC toOstoStoppieto backflip....How long do you have to make a living from rtiding to be pro?....in days please
Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
ITS A LETHAL WORLD !!!!

Lethal Rider can only hope to improve

Thanks Teach for coming in and giving a quick class to the kids...hope they learned something here today LOL LOL LOL LOL
Old 11-02-2007, 11:26 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not even gonna read this thread any further....

Anyone can have their OWN stunt card made ...at any professional printing company and guess what ? You dont have to meet any Criteria !!!! And Some companies might be able to do a MORE professional setup

I used to think stunt cards was a good idea....someone tryin to help out the exposure of the Sport BUT ...I have just lost all respect for them
Old 11-02-2007, 11:27 AM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

I definitely learned a few things...

- I cant do even one seat stander circle, so I am a squid..
- Teach doesnt make as much $$ as I would of expected, especially for being the probably #1 rider out there..Gotta give props for following the dream. I hope you are also thinking about the future and putting some away in case of injury etc etc...
- Miami Flyers looks like a hell of a deal.

Cheers

SK
Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
carry on all you pawns in my chess game...

and here's another egotistical comment for those of you who don't know me: to me and some others, stuntlife and the stunt industry inside of the motorcycle industry itself is like watching an experiment that you have significant control of...almost like God and earth. thats a little over the top, but the similarity is there.

i'm playing chess and i'm winning too, btw!
nice....I don't think that you got our point though, it's about the BS you have to be one of us only requirements, when it's really way to early for these standards. Obviously i don't know you, but i've been on here awhile and from time to time i'll read your posts. IMO over the last year your posts have changed to a bit more sarcastic and egotistical. I remember reading contributive and professional posts and it just seems that some of em have changed. For example, the posts from you in that "hyperryder leaving stuntriding thread." It was more of an unprofessional "**** em all" attitude that i haven't read from you b/f. I could be wrong and you can blow off my opinion, up to you doesn't really matter either way so im just speaking what i read.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:52 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
nice....I don't think that you got our point though, it's about the BS you have to be one of us only requirements, when it's really way to early for these standards. Obviously i don't know you, but i've been on here awhile and from time to time i'll read your posts. IMO over the last year your posts have changed to a bit more sarcastic and egotistical. I remember reading contributive and professional posts and it just seems that some of em have changed. For example, the posts from you in that "hyperryder leaving stuntriding thread." It was more of an unprofessional "**** em all" attitude that i haven't read from you b/f. I could be wrong and you can blow off my opinion, up to you doesn't really matter either way so im just speaking what i read.
HOLY ****.....I was just thinking the exact same thing.... after my last post i decided to go back through and read this thread ...just in case there is something to learn.... and this was the 3rd 4th or 5th time ...i thought to myself.... dang ...Teach is different than he used to be.... Different than how he talks in alot of older vids too..... he's definately got a different attitude.... and it is much less appealing
Old 11-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
HOLY ****.....I was just thinking the exact same thing.... after my last post i decided to go back through and read this thread ...just in case there is something to learn.... and this was the 3rd 4th or 5th time ...i thought to myself.... dang ...Teach is different than he used to be.... Different than how he talks in alot of older vids too..... he's definately got a different attitude.... and it is much less appealing
teach, the people have spoken. you need to borrow my helmet?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lookdan2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	201873  

Quick Reply: How To Get Your Own "STUNTCARD" Made.