How To Get Your Own "STUNTCARD" Made.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How To Get Your Own "STUNTCARD" Made.

Originally Posted by salsa0shark
What is a hobby to some.. is a real job for others.

Didn't think we were posting this on stunthobby.com
Not a real job for anybody.....Unless they had means before they started riding full time....nobody is making real money from riding full time and if they are i bet they are almost done with it
And is this stuntjob.com?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

I know greg has a few cool shots from XDL.....*ahem* lol
Old 11-01-2007, 04:31 PM

salsa0shark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T-NECK
I know greg has a few cool shots from XDL.....*ahem* lol
Yes sir! A few for sure. Who hasn't seen 'em yet?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by salsa0shark
Yes sir! A few for sure. Who hasn't seen 'em yet?
I checked out the whole gallery, good stuff!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
Not a real job for anybody.....Unless they had means before they started riding full time....nobody is making real money from riding full time and if they are i bet they are almost done with it
And is this stuntjob.com?
This is true for the most part. We all know of a couple guys doing well where the sport supports them or launched a supporting career. We hope to see much more of this. If there's any way we can help by putting ink on paper let us know. No - we can't print cash! HA! Posters, flyers, business cards, etc.

- G
Old 11-01-2007, 04:43 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuntcards... WOW. What's next, car vinyl wraps for your favorite stunter? My worst idea ever!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:51 PM

k-fos23 is a decent person

stunt cards have been around for awhile we used to take them out of dvd's at my old work
Old 11-01-2007, 04:51 PM

OutkastZ_636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
.and by squid i do mean somebody who can't bust out at least 10 SS 0s.....so if you can then your not a squid..
I disagree to a point...just cuz someone can't do 10 SS Os doesn't in no way make them a squid. yes the sport is revolving around circles but that's not the only thing. i can't do 10 ss o's but i can do pretty much every technical trick out there and still working on circle...now the people who are just now learning ss's or normal stagard then yes squid...

The criteria has to be there. But it's just a guideline to be sure we're working with guys that are working for the sport. Realistic suggestions for updated criteria is always welcome.

Thanks for your support~![/quote]

and yes some sort of criteria is needed cuz like i said ^^^^^someone just learning ss's and can't even do anything else doesn't deserve one...but there are other people out therewho may not be big names or even competed in major competitions but im sure could hang with some of the best if they did compete...but soemone else said it earlier...money is usually a issue not everyone has it...but there are people who can ride there *** off......so maybe if someone wants a card..then maybe they should send a short video of them then you decide who get's one or to that effect maybe
Old 11-01-2007, 04:57 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OutkastZ_636
I disagree to a point...just cuz someone can't do 10 SS Os doesn't in no way make them a squid. yes the sport is revolving around circles but that's not the only thing. i can't do 10 ss o's but i can do pretty much every technical trick out there and still working on circle...now the people who are just now learning ss's or normal stagard then yes squid...
You're doing pretty much every technical trick out there but can't circle?

Right
Old 11-01-2007, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by inolen
You're doing pretty much every technical trick out there but can't circle?

Right

never said i couldn't cirlce........just not 10 ss o's
Old 11-01-2007, 05:05 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

doing o's does not make you a great stunter. i know people that bought a stunt bike and went to a lot, and learned o's. thats all they have in their bag of tricks! i have seen a guy throw out combo o's for days, and couldnt rock a spreader, coater, or even a stoppie to save his life. so i guess i will start doing nothing but o's at the next show i do. people will lose interest and walk away after 5 minutes of that.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
doing o's does not make you a great stunter. i know people that bought a stunt bike and went to a lot, and learned o's. thats all they have in their bag of tricks! i have seen a guy throw out combo o's for days, and couldnt rock a spreader, coater, or even a stoppie to save his life. so i guess i will start doing nothing but o's at the next show i do. people will lose interest and walk away after 5 minutes of that.

+100000
Old 11-01-2007, 05:12 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

This has nothing to do with what I said.

The guy says he can do nearly every technical trick.. but can't rock 10 ss o's? I HIGHLY doubt someone who isn't smooth/consistent enough to do ss circles can do nearly every technical trick out there.. speaking a lot of the more technical tricks revolve around circling.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:25 PM

The point of the criteria is being missed I think. Sure we're trying to weed out the squids, whatever your definition of the word is, but we're also trying to be sure that the cards are not going to be given out to your friends, mom, and gramma and then sit in your garage. We want to be sure we don't print a card for a guy who will quit riding next time his bike breaks - been there done that.

We want to be sure the cards are going to see the public. We attempt to do this by printing riders that are competing in front of large crowds or doing shows, again in front of large crowds. DSOG has a card primarily because we love him, but also because of his affiliation with large crowds.

Most guys with a card have them out with DVDs, posters, and stickers at every show for people to grab and have autographed. We've personally donated hundreds of Sharpies to stunters just for this reason (if anybody knows where I can get our logo printed on a Sharpie let me know!).
Old 11-01-2007, 05:28 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

This has nothing to do with what I said.

The guy says he can do nearly every technical trick.. but can't rock 10 ss o's? I HIGHLY doubt someone who isn't smooth/consistent enough to do ss circles can do nearly every technical trick out there.. speaking a lot of the more technical tricks revolve around circling.
i dont agree that o's are more technical than a lot of other tricks. once you can do o's they are easy! most people can roll a stoppie, but rolling one for 700 + feet can only be done by a few. how about a coaster? i can do short coasters, but my boy binder can roll them for a 1/4 mile. dont get me wrong, i love doing o's, and they are impressive to non stunt riders, but in my opinion they are not the most technical trick.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:35 PM

i dont agree that o's are more technical than a lot of other tricks. once you can do o's they are easy! most people can roll a stoppie, but rolling one for 700 + feet can only be done by a few. how about a coaster? i can do short coasters, but my boy binder can roll them for a 1/4 mile. dont get me wrong, i love doing o's, and they are impressive to non stunt riders, but in my opinion they are not the most technical trick.
Yes, 700+ foot stoppies are extremely hard. But long coasters? That's easy stuff.

Do all squids think of circles as just doing 3 or 4 choppy ss o's with your body making involuntary movements the whole time? There is a lot more to circles than that.

Go do some no handed circles, blindsided circle combos, tank circle combos, etc. and then tell me they are easy
Old 11-01-2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by T-NECK
I checked out the whole gallery, good stuff!
Need more cards on the East Coast, let's do work!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:41 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

deleted
Old 11-01-2007, 06:50 PM

xeriotti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SmurfKilla
LMAO, only b/c I am sitting in my cubicle as well thinking the same damn thing..

SK

THE SAME HERE.... MAYBE 10 PEOPLE IN MY ENTIRE COUNTRY CAN NAME 3 PROFESSIONAL STUNTRIDERS.. AND THOSE ARE FARIAS AND SOME BRAZILIAN GUYS WHO SUCK
Old 11-01-2007, 07:46 PM

Yes, 700+ foot stoppies are extremely hard. But long coasters? That's easy stuff.

Do all squids think of circles as just doing 3 or 4 choppy ss o's with your body making involuntary movements the whole time? There is a lot more to circles than that.

Go do some no handed circles, blindsided circle combos, tank circle combos, etc. and then tell me they are easy

by no means am i trying to start any kind of **** with you man but i just think you are looking at things competely different than others...your looking at as in o's are the only thing that makes a stunter a real stunter and your wrong cuz just like other dude said if you don't have combo's, stoppies or hell even gay azz acro's then your not gonna do anything in a comp except look stupid...u have to have everything and im sure by the stunts your naming that your pretty good and i'll never deny anyones riding abililty....just have to look at it from other points not everyone learns o's right away it takes time just like im sure u didn't learn them the first time you tried one....there are jjust more things that make a stunter a stunter and not a squid than just o's

Quick Reply: How To Get Your Own "STUNTCARD" Made.