Legal trouble

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

RocSteady can only hope to improve
Legal trouble

Maybe some of you have been through something like this, so you can give me some ideas about what kinda fines and crap i face. 2 months ago I was involved in an accident ( NOT MY FAULT ), I had no license ( suspended due to excessive points ) and no motorcycle endorsement. I was charged with careless driving which to my understanding isnt as bad as reckless, driving on a suspended license and no motorcycle endorsement. My license was suspended about a year ago but i got that taken care of so this is my second suspension. I would have left the scene but i was ko'd and my gixxer was totaled LOL

The cop that covered the scene talked to me at the hospital and was really nice, he said people told him i was racing my buddy! Which is complete BS as all of you know, just because your with a friend riding fast and passing traffic DOES NOT MEAN your racing each other. So anyways he said i could have gotten reckless but he wants me to get my **** straight.

Im thinking i need to get my license and endorsement before i go to court, that way the judge will see that im trying to get it taken care of and gimme some slack. Has anything like this happen any of you? What was the outcome?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:49 PM

kngrob5oh is a decent person
Re: Legal trouble

You're on the right track. I tell people almost every day to get as much **** taken care of before court as they can. The judges are people just like we are, and for the most part, they are reasonable. Don't get me wrong, it will still probably cost you your left nut, but if you take no action before court it may also cost your right and center nuts.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:13 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

1st thing u wanna do:

extend it as much as possible.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:03 PM

Starboyz.Marc is a decent person

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
1st thing u wanna do:

extend it as much as possible.
+1

and take a remedial driving course if available in FL, this erases points from your driving record (OH) and gives you better status/leverage/standing in your case to show the courts/judge evidence of "getting your **** straight"

also a few letters (employer, community leaders....) have those ready in case you need them in trial... they could do wonders for you in front of the judge...

good luck
Old 10-28-2007, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the advice, hopefully itll be smooth and quick. I had to go for racing a few years back and the judge barely acknowledged i was even there, thats a benefit of living in a big city
Old 10-28-2007, 03:34 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, a few things.....
1. careless driving is 4 pts and a fine of like 120.00
2. the Susp d/l and no endor....are up to the hearing officer for fines and other penalties
3. YES...If you can other than the court date try to get the D/L and endor LEGAL...and it will look better...
4. The crash...unless the officer witnessed the crash he cannot testify to the circumstances...only witness testimony and the witnesses have to show up in court...to say what u were doing...
-----a. if the offiers is a THI/Expert in Crashes...he can make calculated factual statements on speed/road conditions based on, road drag factors, crush factor, skid marks, gouge marks, damage to the bike ect...that can hurt you if you were driving in a reckless manner.
But I would definately go to court and let the witnesses try to prove you were at fault....but you still were in the wrong by having no d/l and no endor...!!!!
Good Luck!
Old 10-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

your screwed
Old 10-28-2007, 04:20 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

It's sort of funny, on general discussion or even car boards most people give weak *** advice if they give any at all when it comes to traffic/legal questions. If you ride you've gone through a lot of this **** and have advice to offer LOL.

Everything here is good, follow it and make your life easier, don't follow it and be ready to pay for a long time!
Old 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM

uponit17 is a decent person

shity buzz man for sure show that your tryen to get your **** straight good luck man
Old 10-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

Florida is big on taking your money. Soooooooo, A great big huge giant fine is probably in order along with court cost's and lawyer fees. ( Please tell me youre getting a lawyer ). Unless it is an election year. If that's the case you may be looking at a small stay @ JYP and 33. Thats all I have to say about that.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 PM

burnfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

for sure florida is big on taking money.....i think they've got like 5k of mine...but get as much **** done before court and the judge will be alot more easy on you than if you showed up with nothing
Old 10-28-2007, 11:01 PM

golfmaster is a decent person

how hard he ***** you directly relates to what everyone else has said. getting a lawyer sometimes hurts you, because then it shows them you have money, not something anyone ever says, but they cant rape you beyond your ability to pay. id take the driver course 2 times, make SURE you have a job when you go in, even if its a **** one, and get all your **** straight. say you sold the bike too. im not riding again, but if you come back in on the same judge later for a bike charge after he went easy on you this time, youll be fucked, especially if you lie and say you are done with bikes.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:09 AM

hoodni66a is a decent person

damns thaz like double trouble brtha.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 AM

TwelveMag is a decent person

Fight it. Once you start that process in most states you will have to go in three more times if the cop dont show up the charges are dropped... And most of the time they wont show up... try to fight all the charges seperately this will reduce fees.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:31 PM

diabolic600 is an unknown quantity at this point

hope the cop don't show up for court then all the tickets/fines will be dismissed. don't hold me to that, just know that if the ticketing officer does not show up for court then the case is thrown out.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:59 PM

cashtown is an unknown quantity at this point

coppers in TX get paid overtime to go to court, so they actually like to attend.

Don't know how that is in FL.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:13 PM

Do i have to request for the cop to attend or is that mandatory??
Old 10-29-2007, 03:38 PM

rippedbx is a decent person

since your bike is totalled, you gonna sell it? If you're gonna sell it anyway, show the judge your bill of sale and cry in front of him, sobbing that motorcycles are waaaay too dangerous and that you'll never ride them again.

Seriously. except the ***** crying part.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:07 PM

cashtown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RocSteady
Do i have to request for the cop to attend or is that mandatory??

You definitely DON'T want the cop to attend.

He will attend as the prosecution's primary witness. His sole function will be to screw you.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:20 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

the DA has to subpoena the officer as a witness if you take it to trial, sometimes the DA is too busy and forgets, sometimes the cop just doesnt show, if that happens u have to make a motion to dismiss the charge based on the prosecution being unprepared for trial. i just got a ticket dismissed last week on that.

Quick Reply: Legal trouble