The Great Big Small debate

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:41 AM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Great Big Small debate

Originally Posted by Azuras
hahahahahaha!
willpower is something everyone has, you use it to get back on your bike after a fall, you use it to push yourself harder and further than you have been before. when im able to do SS and HC i will make a video to prove you wrong.

and mate im more than likely fitter than you, while im not built for running i could out lift you in every area, i could do more reps than you even if we went in ratio to our body weights. i say if your fit enough to handle your weight and you set up your bike right then its just the same
never said willpower is something not everyone has, i meant that just because you have willpower doesnt mean you can do, and im not talking about doing just a SS or HC, i said jump fomr SS to HC..

and you may be bigger then me but doubt your more fit, not sayin i am, but i box and hold a pretty good am. record, but unlike you im not going to describe every aspect of my physical feature cuz i could care less who knows and who doesnt

also wheather you like it or not, a smaller fit person is going to be more agile and flexible then a larger, heavier fit person

Last edited by Afflicted; 10-29-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by glingglo
Most of the guys on this thread do not know **** about stunting so please if you are unaware of the dificulties a (heavy boned athletic type) of person might have gettting into 50/50 in a circle combo as oppossed to a (short light athletic) person then you really need to shut up... its not about muscles **** me iv been distance running for years i stopped and gained sooo much weight and now im getting back down to near to what i used to be so i know the difference between agile, muscles and fat...

It is all about your power to weight ratioo, resistance to gravity, stamina and weight distribution... I would say Teach Mcneil has the perfect balance of power to weigth ratio! Not too tall, not to large, not too small, not too weak and not too much bulk..... centralised mass and plenty of muscle to haul *** on the bike and err take a look at what he does for the sport...

Too much muscle = weight, the more muscle the more resistance to gravitational forces which upsets the balance and the need for counter weight (ie constant changes in movement to correct the stunt)plus the requirement to feed all that muscle with Oxygen and glycogen, which takes ENERGY

a very effective experiment would be to get a set of scales put a small weight on one side then a small equal weight on the other! The scales would slowly rise and fall to equal out. Then put a heavy weight on one side then keep building the weight up on the other, you will find that the tiniest ammount of extra weight on either side would send the scales crashing down instead of slowly falling!!!! hence big makes the weight tranference and correction process harder when larger..... BANG ON
Old 10-29-2007, 12:25 PM

you know the, one thing i have kinna noticed is it seems to me like big guys kill sitdown circles better so thats a plus
Old 10-29-2007, 01:16 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I think big guys have the advantage for circles, cause when the bike goes to high/lowside they have more weight and strength to correct it or save it from slamming the ground.
But the smaller guys are at a advantage on combos because the less you weigh, the less you disrupt the bike when your jumping around.

small guys seems to be better at acros and big guys better at stoppies too
Old 10-29-2007, 01:23 PM

Ghini is a decent person

Originally Posted by glingglo
lets see your clip then... guessing you are short! show me your tricks so your educated guess can become fact!
lol look slightly to the left of whatever i write...i don't have a real bike. i'm not saying i'm better than you or that you suck in any way. and i never made any educated guesses, i was speaking generally. i suggested that exercises (stretching, yoga & plyometrics) would help with stunting in general and especially if your tall & have trouble with the nimble jumping around ****! my point is that height/weight advantages & disadvantages can be helped by exercising and training specifically for stunting and what your weak or trouble points are. your tall and have trouble with pull throughs...right? you also said you were a runner. so if thats true you know all about stretching. wouldn't it make sense to add 10-15min in your work out to stretch specifically for those pull throughs? all i'm saying is that extra effort outside of the lot or the streets, off the bike would help most people with the **** that they get hung up on. don't you agree?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Ghini is a decent person

glingglo vbmenu_register("postmenu_2998130", true);

...female?? your ***** must be getting in the way?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:59 PM

Azuras is a decent person

Originally Posted by .Z.
never said willpower is something not everyone has, i meant that just because you have willpower doesnt mean you can do, and im not talking about doing just a SS or HC, i said jump fomr SS to HC..
i know this is what you mean, but im still squidtastic and i need to get both those tricks under my belt before i can jump from one to the other
Originally Posted by .Z.
and you may be bigger then me but doubt your more fit, not sayin i am, but i box and hold a pretty good am. record, but unlike you im not going to describe every aspect of my physical feature cuz i could care less who knows and who doesnt
hahaha, arguing this point wont get us anywhere, but trust me when i say im most likely the fittest 300lbs man you know (i say most likely in case you know any pro bodybuilders)

Originally Posted by .Z.
also wheather you like it or not, a smaller fit person is going to be more agile and flexible then a larger, heavier fit person
this point i will argue, im pretty sure that im at least as flexable if not more than most skinny people, also sumo wrestlers stretch daily and are able to do full splits and more.

but over all my point is that with the will power you can overcome any disadvantages you may have, also that a hard trick to learn is still a hard trick to learn whether your large or small.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ok im gonna settle the debate right here ,right now!!!!!!!!

if your over 5 foot 11 then you need to stunt a zx 14 or a busa then you will know what it feels like for a little guy to stunt a 600 and then you should have plenty of room to move around on the bike so now there are no more excuses for any one ....lol

p.s any one smaller then 5 foot 2 will be alowed to ride a ninja 250
Old 10-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

RocSteady can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by old man roger

if your over 5 foot 11 then you need to stunt a zx 14 or a busa then you will know what it feels like for a little guy to stunt a 600 and then you should have plenty of room to move around on the bike so now there are no more excuses for any one ....lol

:L OL
Old 10-29-2007, 05:43 PM

and thats game over
Old 10-29-2007, 07:15 PM

Azuras is a decent person

NAH UH!!! your not fobbing off the ugly bikes on us tall people!

lol 250 ninja.. i started off riding one of those lol, thought it was the fastest thing ever, beating all the cars :YEAHnow im on a 600 katana and its the fastest thing ever!!! and im still beating all the cars :YEAH
Old 10-29-2007, 07:25 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i would stunt a busa if it was free......lol

i would look like a twelve year old on it....lol
Old 10-29-2007, 07:33 PM

glingglo is an unknown quantity at this point

i could only stunt the ZX14 cos when i cut myself i bleed green!