The Great Big Small debate

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Great Big Small debate

6' 4" 255 here. I would say that being smaller may make some tricks easier, but being bigger might make some others easier as well.

Big Scotts a big dude and Ive always looked up to him. Dont forget about my boy Ogre from Chi town
Old 10-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

RocSteady can only hope to improve

You guys are using the term big and small too loosely

It has more to do with whether your in shape or not than it does with how tall or short you are

Azuras dont take this the wrong way, i think your cool and all but being 300 is obviously outta shape so if you were to get down to your ideal weight ( 220 or so although i think you could be smaller ) you cannot say that stunting wouldnt be easier. Of course it would!
Old 10-28-2007, 10:26 PM

OneWheelRegulator is an unknown quantity at this point

you black dog were in sanford are you Im right down the street from you and my girl lives off of edgewater by the lowes on 17,92. we should get together and tear some **** up
Old 10-28-2007, 10:51 PM

Azuras is a decent person

Originally Posted by RocSteady
You guys are using the term big and small too loosely

It has more to do with whether your in shape or not than it does with how tall or short you are

Azuras dont take this the wrong way, i think your cool and all but being 300 is obviously outta shape so if you were to get down to your ideal weight ( 220 or so although i think you could be smaller ) you cannot say that stunting wouldnt be easier. Of course it would!
lol, im not outta shape, i do weights pretty much daily, 3 day rotation legs arms chest and 4th rest. my focus is on strength and muscle mass, not speed etc. i still do my daily stretching routine that was givin to me while i was training in Tai Ken Kung-fu to maintain maximum flexabilty

220 is -10% bodyfat for me man, ideal weight is around the 240lbs... in the last 6 months i have dropped 66lbs and gained a fair bit of muscle mass
Old 10-29-2007, 12:01 AM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Azuras
lol, im not outta shape, i do weights pretty much daily, 3 day rotation legs arms chest and 4th rest. my focus is on strength and muscle mass, not speed etc. i still do my daily stretching routine that was givin to me while i was training in Tai Ken Kung-fu to maintain maximum flexabilty

220 is -10% bodyfat for me man, ideal weight is around the 240lbs... in the last 6 months i have dropped 66lbs and gained a fair bit of muscle mass
when did stuntlife become a workout schedule and bodyfat discussion?

who the **** cares if you have willpower or not, if you weigh 300lbs you are jumpin from ss to hc your *** will bounce off some aprt of the bike and you wont be able to make it, show me a vid then ill believe it...

this sport is like gymnastics not kung fu fighting yoga ****...

do you see any top pros flippin around and **** weighin 300 lbs??

no cuz if you weigh that much, FIT OR NOT, its going to be alot harder
Old 10-29-2007, 12:12 AM

spoondogg is a decent person

just practice....i ride with a guy who's like 6'8''....the only thing he says is hard for him is his legs are always bent while doing SS...and pulling threw to high chair and 50/50
Old 10-29-2007, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by .Z.
when did stuntlife become a workout schedule and bodyfat discussion?

who the **** cares if you have willpower or not, if you weigh 300lbs you are jumpin from ss to hc your *** will bounce off some aprt of the bike and you wont be able to make it, show me a vid then ill believe it...

this sport is like gymnastics not kung fu fighting yoga ****...

do you see any top pros flippin around and **** weighin 300 lbs??

no cuz if you weigh that much, FIT OR NOT, its going to be alot harder
hahahahahaha!
willpower is something everyone has, you use it to get back on your bike after a fall, you use it to push yourself harder and further than you have been before. when im able to do SS and HC i will make a video to prove you wrong.

wow, have you ever seem people who compete in kung fu, they are faster more agile and more flexible than a gymnast, in short kung fu pro would kick a gymnasts *** in every aspect, pun intended

as for the top pros flippin round at 300? **** if you managed to maintain a 300lbs body weight with all that exercise then **** it must be all muscle.

and mate im more than likely fitter than you, while im not built for running i could out lift you in every area, i could do more reps than you even if we went in ratio to our body weights. i say if your fit enough to handle your weight and you set up your bike right then its just the same
Old 10-29-2007, 12:22 AM

Z man get some more sleep LOL no stuntlife is not about workout schedules BUt it is a forum, which involves whatever people want to talk about

AAANNNNDDDD

I am going to get SLAMMED for this but it is what it is so whoever wants to be gay about this **** YOU anyways this is extremely squiddish of me

but

whats SS? sitdowns? spreaders?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:31 AM

spoondogg is a decent person

^^^^^^ really?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 AM

sQuidalish is a decent person

ehh im 6'3"- 6'4" 285ish looks like im gorilla fukn just about every bike out there. i do feel like im on the brake much more than a small guy, especially during ss
Old 10-29-2007, 12:54 AM

SS = Seat Stander = wheelie while standing on seat
Sitdowns = Wheelie while sitting, not standing on pegs
Spreaders = a seated wheelie (usually on the tank ) with your legs pointing forward and and then spread out.

and come on, a work out shedual helps with Any physical sport....
Old 10-29-2007, 01:10 AM

sQuidalish is a decent person

Schedule??? man! roids and the gym 7 days a week aint enugh for you??? Seriously, I have a problem. Thats me on the right
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	body_builders.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	201713  
Old 10-29-2007, 01:54 AM

S.I.T can only hope to improve

Eric from Outerlimitz Freestyle here in Houston,Tx......

See? With willpower and the right kind of attitude, you can do anything.....
Old 10-29-2007, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by S.I.T
Eric from Outerlimitz Freestyle here in Houston,Tx......

See? With willpower and the right kind of attitude, you can do anything.....
Im not understanding...are you talking about the difficulty of this stunt? I mean its an amazing stunt but this guy isnt overweight or paralyzed or anything
Old 10-29-2007, 02:27 AM

S.I.T can only hope to improve

Nope. Just merely pointing out that if you have the right attitude to do any stunts wether your big or small or fat or skinny, it can be done. Just gotta put your mind to it....
Old 10-29-2007, 07:12 AM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah well I'm small (5'10) and fat (210lbs) and i suck.

What do I win?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:43 AM

glingglo is an unknown quantity at this point

Most of the guys on this thread do not know **** about stunting so please if you are unaware of the dificulties a (heavy boned athletic type) of person might have gettting into 50/50 in a circle combo as oppossed to a (short light athletic) person then you really need to shut up... its not about muscles **** me iv been distance running for years i stopped and gained sooo much weight and now im getting back down to near to what i used to be so i know the difference between agile, muscles and fat...

It is all about your power to weight ratioo, resistance to gravity, stamina and weight distribution... I would say Teach Mcneil has the perfect balance of power to weigth ratio! Not too tall, not to large, not too small, not too weak and not too much bulk..... centralised mass and plenty of muscle to haul *** on the bike and err take a look at what he does for the sport...

Too much muscle = weight, the more muscle the more resistance to gravitational forces which upsets the balance and the need for counter weight (ie constant changes in movement to correct the stunt)plus the requirement to feed all that muscle with Oxygen and glycogen, which takes ENERGY

a very effective experiment would be to get a set of scales put a small weight on one side then a small equal weight on the other! The scales would slowly rise and fall to equal out. Then put a heavy weight on one side then keep building the weight up on the other, you will find that the tiniest ammount of extra weight on either side would send the scales crashing down instead of slowly falling!!!! hence big makes the weight tranference and correction process harder when larger..... BANG ON
Old 10-29-2007, 07:54 AM

Hey folks i dont mean to sound bitter and i do not mean to offend anyone but i really do think you should have quite a bit of competence as a stunt rider to comment on this trhead as it aint about whether you are a bit over weight and do a highchair stoppie!!!!

it more to do with jumping from ss to highchair or 50/50 in a circle or 30 plus mph... also fast wide O's etc sooo many to list maybe its better to comment on individual stunts and whether that particular stunt is easier big or small?!

So come on then name a difficult stunt and whether it's easier big or small
Old 10-29-2007, 10:44 AM

Ghini is a decent person

...this is a retarded discussion, its impossible to be objective in this arguement. the big guys are big, the small guys are small...there is no changing that. there is no way, aside from an educated guess, that a big guy can say oo yea that trick is easy for small guys or viseversa (or however you spell it). its going to be harder for anyone who isn't athletic or in shape...this is a sport after all. instead of makin excuses about how its harder for you to do certain things cause your tall or short...get off the computer & get in the gym. if you have trouble doing pull throughs start streching & start taking yoga classes. in addition to brake & throttle control you have to be able to control your body with finesse, get a plyometrics routine going (steal one from a gymnastics or break dancing class).
Old 10-29-2007, 10:57 AM

lets see your clip then... guessing you are short! show me your tricks so your educated guess can become fact!

Quick Reply: The Great Big Small debate