The Great Big Small debate

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 04:56 PM

blackdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Great Big Small debate

Is this Tony Robbins disguised as a stunter? Way to be postitive, but Ihave to disagree on this, "size, age, and weight" definitely have direct bearing on ability. We're not talking about a sport such as freediving, stunting is a sport where all those factors come into consideration. Is a 150lb guy going to be more flexible/ agile than a 300lb guy? of course, now there is always an exception to the rule, but for the most part it's true.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:02 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

and the debate begins.......lol
Old 10-28-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by glingglo
this is me. not the best of what i got but it'll do.... oh and im big

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=19666956

BIG

good vid, thanks for posting. Would look even better if you smoothed things out. Othewise awesome riding. You can see that in certain tricks you are using your size to help, smaller guys would probably be "supermanned" trying to hang on and muscle it!
Old 10-28-2007, 05:04 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by blackdog
Is this Tony Robbins disguised as a stunter? Way to be postitive, but Ihave to disagree on this, "size, age, and weight" definitely have direct bearing on ability. We're not talking about a sport such as freediving, stunting is a sport where all those factors come into consideration. Is a 150lb guy going to be more flexible/ agile than a 300lb guy? of course, now there is always an exception to the rule, but for the most part it's true.
im small and not very flexible so im screwed
Old 10-28-2007, 05:12 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

RocSteady can only hope to improve

All small people are flexible roger LOL

That reminds me, i recently say a blonde in a beamer and her plate read YOGA ME................................................ .............................Hmmmm
Old 10-28-2007, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
im small and not very flexible so im screwed
well at least you've got age, and with age comes experience, well maybe a little, nah, forget i said that.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by RocSteady
All small people are flexible roger LOL

That reminds me, i recently say a blonde in a beamer and her plate read YOGA ME................................................ .............................Hmmmm
get yourself a plate that reads "YOGA YOU" , she won't be able to resist!
Old 10-28-2007, 05:20 PM
also known as OMR

i need to be yoga'd.......lol
Old 10-28-2007, 05:51 PM

Azuras is a decent person

im 300lbs, i can put my foot behind my head, i can do full splits. lets see you do that at whatever your weight is.... its called willpower, not an exception to the rule, you will find that most of the bigger people are not agile or flexable because they dont wish it so, if they wanted it then they would slowly gain it
Old 10-28-2007, 05:59 PM

+1

Azuras your awesome :YEAH
Old 10-28-2007, 06:38 PM

se7en750gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

6'4" 240lbs
Old 10-28-2007, 07:12 PM

glingglo is an unknown quantity at this point

So Willpower it is then, i'm glad because i have spilling buckets of it....

I'm workin on much better stuff than in my clip, many many combos up and down straight and fast, and slow circles with lots of variations now, so when i'm done i will post it up... if anyone has some big guy clips i would really like to see them for inspiration (Roger go buy some stilts!) ha ha
Old 10-28-2007, 07:39 PM

teamstunters.com big scott is pretty tall, hes not fat by any means just tall BUT someones height cannot be changed theyre weight CAN
Old 10-28-2007, 07:40 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Azuras
im 300lbs, i can put my foot behind my head, i can do full splits. lets see you do that at whatever your weight is.... its called willpower, not an exception to the rule, you will find that most of the bigger people are not agile or flexable because they dont wish it so, if they wanted it then they would slowly gain it
that is really impressive

Originally Posted by RocSteady
+1

Azuras your awesome :YEAH
+4bagillion
Old 10-28-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Azuras
Not to be a smart *** but what stunts invole putting your foot behind your head or doing a split? I guess your spreaders might look badass but still, as flexible as you are, can you "will power" your way into a suitcase at 300lbs? It's a lot easier to fit in a suitcase when you are 150lbs.

Similar for tricks such as pulling through the bars and jumping from ss to highchair. Some things are physically impossible! And I agree with you that will power and practice can take people very far, but still, LOOKING AT THE TOP PERFORMERS OF ANY SPORT, you are going to find that 9 times out of 10, there is an ideal body type for THAT sport. And if you're going to argue that being 300lbs is just as ideal/easy for stunting as being 150lbs, you're crazy!

You are loosing sight on what this thread is about, big stunters vs small stunters. While certain stunts are easier for a small guy the same goes for big guys. I simply think there are more "small guy" stunts than "big guy"stunts. Thus, making stunting in general, more "small guy" friendly.

Last edited by blackdog; 10-28-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:21 PM

Not to be a smart *** but what stunts invole putting your foot behind your head or doing a split? I guess your spreaders might look badass but still, as flexible as you are, can you "will power" your way into a suitcase at 300lbs? It's a lot easier to fit in a suitcase when you are 150lbs.

Similar for tricks such as pulling through the bars and jumping from ss to highchair. Some things are physically impossible! And I agree with you that will power and practice can take people very far, but still, LOOKING AT THE TOP PERFORMERS OF ANY SPORT, you are going to find that 9 times out of 10, there is an ideal body type for THAT sport. And if you're going to argue that being 300lbs is just as ideal/easy for stunting as being 150lbs, you're crazy!

You are loosing sight on what this thread is about, big stunters vs small stunters. While certain stunts are easier for a small guy the same goes for big guys. I simply think there are more "small guy" stunts than "big guy"stunts. Thus, making stunting in general, more "small guy" friendly.
kung fu, which i am trained in does demonstrations, during these demonstrations they do things that the untrained would consider tricks (tricks are basicly a stunt with less danger)

just like people suitcases come in varying sizes, if you found me a suitcase with the same ratio of space to body that your 150lbs man has then **** yea id get in there. :YEAH

"LOOKING AT THE TOP PERFORMERS OF ANY SPORT" i choose Breaking, thats martial art breaking and not the dancing, the top performers are actually varying in size, some are small others are large

kung fu vs sumo, which would win?? ones generaly small the other large where as you could argue for hours about which would win

and as for easy, and ideal... no such thing, everything progresses. yesterdays hard is tomorrows easy, and with willpower you can overcome hard and turn it to easy
Old 10-28-2007, 08:23 PM

oh and at 240lbs ill have between 10-15% bodyfat which is the ideal ammount, at 220lbs id be pretty ripped, heavy doesnt always mean fat
Old 10-28-2007, 08:27 PM

hmmm also, if i stck my foot behind my head grabbed some clutch and popped a wheelie im pretty sure i would of created a trick that most "small guys" would have some trouble with
Old 10-28-2007, 08:44 PM

RB07R1 is a decent person

DR. PHIL HERE

CAN I BE OF SOME ASSISTANCE?

Im with blackdog .. some tricks might be easier for a little guy. some might be easier for a bigger guy

i cant do anything besides a whoolie so it makes no difference lmfao
Old 10-28-2007, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by RB07R1
some tricks might be easier for a little guy. some might be easier for a bigger guy

ok, you can only wheelie cause you have not progressed that far yet... ok, How big are you and do you find a HC stoppie easy or hard (im assuming you have not learned this yet)

now do you think that a bigger guy still learning to stunt assuming he had the same ammount of fear and skill as you currently have would think that the same trick that he also has not learned would be easy or hard

following that, you both have mastered the HC stoppie, would you both find it easy or hard?

todays hard is yesterdays easy, tomorrow we only see impossible but tomorrow always becomes yesterday

Quick Reply: The Great Big Small debate