Coasssstersss

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 03:11 PM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Coasssstersss

Ok I just searched around and couldnt find anything on exactly how to do em so I'll make this to the point.

To do a 2nd gear coaster on my 13+ geared f4i when I pull it back to BP or behind BP whatever technical term your looking for...do ya just ride the brake a little bit to "coast" like that. Does it have anything to do with the Clutch, or idle? I figured clutch would be only for rev limiter coasters but I could be wrong. I wana get to doin em before the snow flies. 1 more trick down that I can jack my pud to all winter. Thanks guys :YEAH
Old 10-27-2007, 03:23 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough
Re: Coasssstersss

Originally Posted by Black03R1
Ok I just searched around and couldnt find anything on exactly how to do em so I'll make this to the point.

To do a 2nd gear coaster on my 13+ geared f4i when I pull it back to BP or behind BP whatever technical term your looking for...do ya just ride the brake a little bit to "coast" like that. Does it have anything to do with the Clutch, or idle? I figured clutch would be only for rev limiter coasters but I could be wrong. I wana get to doin em before the snow flies. 1 more trick down that I can jack my pud to all winter. Thanks guys :YEAH
you take it past BP and pull in the clutch! the trick is to catch the bike with the brake if your hard on the brake when you pull in the clutch it will just bring the front down! so light on the brake pull in the clutch and gently catch the bike with the brake! there easy as hell once you try it!... and SS coasters and FIB are even easer then sit downs!
Old 10-27-2007, 03:33 PM

Thanks man...your pretty smart for a 7 year old haha. That was just the answer I was lookin for. Gunna head out today and work on em'. Windy as hell here today but better than snow!
Old 10-27-2007, 08:14 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

He got it. Wheelie with the clutch pulled in is a coaster. They're not too hard to learn... just ride a straight balance point wheelie and then pull in the clutch, if the bike falls down just bring it up a little higher and eventually when you pull in the clutch the bike will hang for a sec and then start to come back and you can ride the brake.. They're a little tricky at first but a few days worth of practicing and you can just power into em, bring the front end up and get yourself into a nice long coaster.

Doing it without the clutch in is just slowing a wheelie down.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:31 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

remember.......be EASY on the brake when you pull the clutch in.If you stomp the brake, **** can go bad quick
Old 10-27-2007, 09:42 PM

zxcraig is a decent person

yea well not as easy as they make it sound,,,be careful and have extra money for broken parts!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:45 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ck76
yea well not as easy as they make it sound,,,be careful and have extra money for broken parts!!!!!!!
sweet zx-6......my friend just totalled his
Old 10-27-2007, 10:34 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

damn, you guys make it sound eazy. i'm thinkin about tryin em now.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:42 PM

hawaiiandave is a decent person

I do them totally different, I accelerate hard just before balance point and pull the clutch in and let momentum take it past balance point when your there you can now use your brake when done right your not on the brake very much just balancing there, say 100ft coaster i maybe touch the brake twice until going real slow, if I combo a coaster I pump the brake like o's for me it's the same ss, sitdowns spreaders hc I do it all the same hope it helps once you do your first you'll have it down in no time
Old 10-27-2007, 10:50 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point

coasters are addictive.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:01 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dean Ellis
coasters are addictive.

yes they are..... especially SS rev limiter ones...
Old 10-28-2007, 02:28 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Thanks man...your pretty smart for a 7 year old haha.
yeah I know! :YEAH
Old 10-28-2007, 02:32 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dean Ellis
coasters are addictive.
Coasters kick *** :YEAH

Just learned them, can't stop doing em :YEAH :YEAH
Old 10-28-2007, 03:29 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

every time I try coasters, my knee drives straight into the tank....poor tank
Old 10-28-2007, 04:53 PM

samurai87 is a decent person

I'm not gonna lie I am scared to do coasters, I have tried a couple times n the front jus SLAMS down nd i have almost gone over the bars a couple times trying it. Idk I will have to work on them pretty soon....
Old 10-28-2007, 05:12 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

Originally Posted by samurai87
I'm not gonna lie I am scared to do coasters, I have tried a couple times n the front jus SLAMS down nd i have almost gone over the bars a couple times trying it. Idk I will have to work on them pretty soon....
thx alot, now im scared to try em
Old 10-28-2007, 05:17 PM

samurai87 is a decent person

sorry, shouldnt have posted that i guess....idk everyone has there own fears ya knw? im scared of coasters n sit downs cuz that is what i crashed....im sure other peole may be afraid of other ****...its natural to be kinda iffy of **** that fucked you up....

but now im working on my sit downs and I'll try to throw coasters in eventually but the thing with coasters to me is, its a commitment trick...you jus gotta throw it to bp and pull the clutch in...dont play around
Old 10-28-2007, 05:56 PM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point

Im the same way. I get second gear pinned at bp, pull in the clutch and let the momentum of the bike take you back past bp before I even hit the brake.
Originally Posted by hawaiiandave
I do them totally different, I accelerate hard just before balance point and pull the clutch in and let momentum take it past balance point when your there you can now use your brake when done right your not on the brake very much just balancing there, say 100ft coaster i maybe touch the brake twice until going real slow, if I combo a coaster I pump the brake like o's for me it's the same ss, sitdowns spreaders hc I do it all the same hope it helps once you do your first you'll have it down in no time
Old 10-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Whitetrash

JEFF4EZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Coasters are addictive. I've only tried off peg coasters like once or twice because I'm kind of autistic when it comes to pulling in the clutch and working the handbrake at the same time but staggered and sitdowns are still tight.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Coasters kick *** :YEAH

Just learned them, can't stop doing em :YEAH :YEAH
Yea after watching your little clip I was like shiiiet why aint I working on them lol

Again thanks for the info guys.. I'll see what way works for me but atleast I got the concept now.