homemade kits ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:18 PM

F4i_stuntin_WV is a decent person
homemade kits ???

whats up ya'll ... i've been riding for 7 years stuntin the last 2 ... i have a VTR1000 that i ride and an '01 F4i that i stunt ... i was wondering if anyone has heard of homemade cages or 12 bars? ... i can weld and have a tube bender the only thing i'm concerned about is the spacing on everything ... i think i could get everything pretty rigid just wondering if anyone has made their own cages and bars before???
Old 10-22-2007, 02:27 PM

cjstunts is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: homemade kits ???

thats how everything started.... homemade.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

We made a cage for my buddies bike since it's so old they don't even make em for it. We used black iron piping and connectors. I'll post up pics when I get home.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:06 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

home made is the only way to go

Old 10-22-2007, 03:10 PM

blackoutgsxr is a decent person

Old Man Rodger? What Is The Cage Underneath The Tail For?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:18 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by blackoutgsxr
Old Man Rodger? What Is The Cage Underneath The Tail For?
it replaces the rear peg brackets because the stock ones bend at the slightest touch with the ground and they also keep the tabs on the subframe from bending ..

some bikes like the 600rr have a very crappy peg position so on those bikes i make the peg position further back down and out ,i also rotate the peg mounts on there axis so they don't fold up during a wheelie.....

if you have ever ridin on a peg like this you would want an OMR SUBCAGE

i sell them for $175 shipped
Old 10-22-2007, 05:19 PM

gixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to behold

damn OMR your makin everything now. why didnt you make this stuff when i was still down there. i would have loved a custom OMR subcage for my rc51
Old 10-22-2007, 05:25 PM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

roger are u just running a single 4 piston caliper on ur bike with a junction valve or what
Old 10-22-2007, 05:28 PM

k-fos23 is a decent person

what did u use for the jundtion valve?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:41 PM

LBJOE is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
it replaces the rear peg brackets because the stock ones bend at the slightest touch with the ground and they also keep the tabs on the subframe from bending ..

some bikes like the 600rr have a very crappy peg position so on those bikes i make the peg position further back down and out ,i also rotate the peg mounts on there axis so they don't fold up during a wheelie.....

if you have ever ridin on a peg like this you would want an OMR SUBCAGE

i sell them for $175 shipped

HOW ABOUT SUBFRAME CAGE FOR F3?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:42 PM

k-fos23 is a decent person

im about to make one for mine but that junction valve is the same for f3
Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 PM

Ryan R is a decent person

OMR ~ do you make the subcages with different style pegs? like instead of having the stock pegs at a different angle, can you put on some bigger knurled type ones? possibly still folding up.
i have seen them before, i'll try to get a picture of what i'm talking about.

just curious right now ~ don't know if i can afford it yet. would that be more than the $175 shipped?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by 06R1_Kb
OMR ~ do you make the subcages with different style pegs? like instead of having the stock pegs at a different angle, can you put on some bigger knurled type ones? possibly still folding up.

just curious right now ~ don't know if i can afford it yet. would that be more than the $175 shipped?
http://www.aratausa.com/html/pdf/yam...tion_04-06.pdf
pegs like those at the top ~ just the peg part though ~ i have those rearsets on my r1 and love them.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by gixxer601
damn OMR your makin everything now. why didnt you make this stuff when i was still down there. i would have loved a custom OMR subcage for my rc51

Originally Posted by mastermatt50
roger are u just running a single 4 piston caliper on ur bike with a junction valve or what
yep

Originally Posted by k-fos23
what did u use for the jundtion valve?
Originally Posted by LBJOE
HOW ABOUT SUBFRAME CAGE FOR F3?
none for the f3 yet but i have a freind with an f3 that i could borrow to make you one if you send me the mullah i will make it

any after market peg that you can get for your stock peg brackets will fit in one of my subcages
Old 10-22-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger

any after market peg that you can get for your stock peg brackets will fit in one of my subcages
where's a good place to find aftermarket pegs for an r6? i've seen a lot for f4i's and 636's but not for the r6.
and then it hit me ~ you could just use f4i peg brackets on it...

second that ~ i'll do some more research ~ and if i come up with the money for a subcage, i'll let you know.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 PM

flavadavescbr is just really niceflavadavescbr is just really niceflavadavescbr is just really niceflavadavescbr is just really niceflavadavescbr is just really nice

homemade is the way to go. its custom. i am proud to say that i have one of the first customer paid for omr subcages its great.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
also known as OMR

where's a good place to find aftermarket pegs for an r6? i've seen a lot for f4i's and 636's but not for the r6.
and then it hit me ~ you could just use f4i peg brackets on it...

second that ~ i'll do some more research ~ and if i come up with the money for a subcage, i'll let you know.
esd makes some cool rear pegs.....

and the f4i is way different then the r6
Old 10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by flavadavescbr
homemade is the way to go. its custom. i am proud to say that i have one of the first customer paid for omr subcages its great.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:13 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

SlickRick83 is a decent person

hmmm... Think im fed to bust out the old tourch and pipes and save myself about 260 bucks :p
Old 10-22-2007, 08:16 PM

Wheelie Ripper is an unknown quantity at this point

I made a homemade round bar for my f3, cost me 8 dollars for the steel and a little bit of time. justs takes some time to build

Quick Reply: homemade kits ???