homemade kits ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: homemade kits ???

I think I'm gonna build my own round bar this winter....got a minty new tail ready for it too....primered and ready to roll.

Homemade is the way to go IF you got a smart person holding the welding wire gun. My cage was homemade and its indestructible! So is my 12 bar.....my seat pan, highchair bar,......
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 AM

flavadavescbr is just really niceflavadavescbr is just really niceflavadavescbr is just really niceflavadavescbr is just really niceflavadavescbr is just really nice

Originally Posted by old man roger
Old 10-23-2007, 11:51 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjstunts
thats how everything started.... homemade.
amen.....

how do you think us that stunted before all these company's came out did it?

until i met friends in the industry i had homemade cage, 12 bar and i had a dual caliper handbrake bracket in 2003 (built myself).

i'll never buy a 12 bar from anyone....100$ for that junk. i build all my own 12 bars still to this day. it costs me less than 5$ in metal and takes about an hour to build in my shop.

cages, they are more complex and i'm lazy these days. Ian is a local here in indiana so i support him by running his cages.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:20 PM

insanestunter39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 06R1_Kb
http://www.aratausa.com/html/pdf/yam...tion_04-06.pdf
pegs like those at the top ~ just the peg part though ~ i have those rearsets on my r1 and love them.
Hey bro, did you finally get your R1 Back. I read about it in another post. Did you BEAT THE **** OUT of the person who took it? :YEAH
Old 10-23-2007, 03:21 PM

Damn theives in San Marcos!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

home made is the only way to go
crap, i wish i had those skills. i'm going to start learning to weld in a couple of weeks. cant wait.

how did u make ur rearsets look so smooth? laser cutting or something?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:10 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

sand them then sand them some more then wet sand them then wet sand them some more.....lol

oh and then buff them then buff them some more then some mothers...
Old 10-23-2007, 04:29 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

sand them then sand them some more then wet sand them then wet sand them some more.....lol

oh and then buff them then buff them some more then some mothers...
well, i guess when i'm a little more skilled in manufacturing, i'll give making my own rearsets a try. i hope i have skills like u when i get old... in 9 years.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

lol......

your just old light
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 PM

Ryan R is a decent person

Originally Posted by insanestunter39
Hey bro, did you finally get your R1 Back. I read about it in another post. Did you BEAT THE **** OUT of the person who took it? :YEAH
yeah i got her back, i parked next to a black 600rr the other day under alkek. if you saw a blue r1 ~ that was mine.

~ and all i have is an addr to where they picked it up from. went down there with some friends but didn't see anything shady? kind of wanted to just jump the first guy i saw there but my friends were like bro c'mon man...

you still go to txstate? i haven't seen one wheelie since i've moved to this town. kinda depressing. hit me up sometime. i'll pm you my number.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:45 PM

Damn theives in San Marcos!!!
oh wait. they didn't steal yours did they?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:53 PM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

broke *** texas state college kids... ****
Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by y2kmk
Old 10-23-2007, 07:00 PM

yeah i got her back, i parked next to a black 600rr the other day under alkek. if you saw a blue r1 ~ that was mine.

~ and all i have is an addr to where they picked it up from. went down there with some friends but didn't see anything shady? kind of wanted to just jump the first guy i saw there but my friends were like bro c'mon man...

you still go to txstate? i haven't seen one wheelie since i've moved to this town. kinda depressing. hit me up sometime. i'll pm you my number.
Yeah I still go to Texas State.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:01 PM

HAHA! Exactly!:YEAH
Old 10-23-2007, 07:08 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

don't waste your time if you have no metal working experience...i made a cage for my old 98 zx6 and it was a ******* tank...took 948875918745 drops from 12 but i grey up around metal working
Old 10-23-2007, 07:08 PM

Yeah, the dudes here in San Marcos are a bunch of pussies, they don't do ****. When I still had my RR, they would try and power wheelie next to me, so I would rock a slow stand up next to them and they looked AMAZED that I could do that. HAHA! Are you the one ridin that white stunter? Nice bike man.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
don't waste your time if you have no metal working experience...i made a cage for my old 98 zx6 and it was a ******* tank...took 948875918745 drops from 12 but i grey up around metal working
i have no experience with metal working but i'm going to start learning. I dont expect to be able to make a cage anytime soon but i'm going to see how much i can learn. the goal is to eventually be able to make a steel subframe for my f4i. wish me luck... else that **** breaks on me while i'm riding
Old 10-24-2007, 02:07 PM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHA! Exactly!:YEAH
I'll be down that way in the next few months, gotta come try out the 4:1 hole to pole ratio!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:25 PM

I'll be down that way in the next few months, gotta come try out the 4:1 hole to pole ratio!
thats not even a lie ~ soo many ridiculously hot retarded girls here. thats 90% of why i attend this school. hit me up whenever your around. i think i'll still be riding through the winter, unless it gets waaay too cold.

Quick Reply: homemade kits ???