foot downs ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 PM

paulieb1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
foot downs ???

Hi i just wanted to say i am not looking to get answers to get past all the hard work and practice just like to have on idea if i am doing something wrong or not or just some tips. i moved on to foot downs from a dead stop. almost all the time i go back and park the bike on the bar. i am sure 2 days of practiceing this is not no were near of time to think i should have it down just was wonder how long it took some of you guys to master this.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: foot downs ???

i haven't done it alot, but i found it to be quite easy to do even when i was first learning. i can't do it great by no means but i haven't really practiced it like 0's or endos, but i can do it easy. it helps you realize how fast you are going on your sit-downs.IMO
Old 10-16-2007, 10:16 PM

siknotch89 is a decent person

something about this trick that keeps beating me in the head....i can do dead stop , 3-5mph wheelies with both my feet on the bike, onces i do the foot down its like the first day i started riding....im a 954 stock sprockets. but i really dont practice that alot anyway..i dont see them point when i can go just as slow with both feet on .....
Old 10-17-2007, 06:19 AM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just catch it with the brake before you hit the bar. Clutch it up catch it with the brake and let the idle pull you around.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Race To The Grave

AntwanRTTG is an unknown quantity at this point

It took me a couple of hours to really get this down, but I just started doing it like a month ago. One real quick tip that helps me is make sure you're as far back in your seat as you can be. By the time I catch the idle I am almost sitting on the back seat. That's just the way that I have learned.

P.s. I just started doing foot down circles and no-hander foot down circles and I have went through two pairs of shoes in about 4 riding sessions ... lesson: let your foot skim the ground and don't try to slow yourself down with it ... there's a brake for that.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:04 AM

LiL G is a decent person

This is the first trick I learned, when you sit on the seat have one but cheek on the seat and the other one hanging off. This makes it more stable for you when popping it up, so your foot stays on the ground and doesnt go up with you. Also must be all the way back in the seatWhen you pop it up it needs to be instant, learn to somwhat be able to feather the clutch, which will help you with the size of the circle. I would learn it in a straight line and get it down first. For me this was a very easy trick to stall out constantly if you dont have great brake control. Once you get it down grab the front of the tank where the air box is and let off with your left. Just time in the seat. Its both feet up that is really hard. I'm not much on advise, but that what I got to give. Just keep at.

Lil G
Old 10-17-2007, 08:08 AM
NAZ

NAZ will become famous soon enough

keep ur idle low around a lil under 2grand....u will be on the brake alot less and be abit smoother
Old 10-17-2007, 08:15 AM

LiL G is a decent person

I would keep you idle at 3, if you dont your not going to be able to keep it up (lol). Plus you need to learn that brake, you want to ba able to feather the brake, not have to be learin the brake and crankin on the throttle. 1 step at a time. Just my opinion, doesnt mean it wont work at 2 just dont think your ready for that.

Lil G
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

Just as someone stated before, slide your left cheek off the seat a little, idle depends on the bike and gearing( I run mine @3 on 04 750 55th) (2300 when i had the 60th), clutch up and catch with the brake, one thing that helps alot is to keep your face close to the tank, once you learn it well, you'll be able to back off. Brake control is key to being smooth and not stalling....you can also play with the clutch a little to help from stalling also.....

If you can do 3-5mph sitdowns, you should be able to do this fairly easy