Video suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 AM

Drik is a decent person
Video suggestion

First off this is in no way an original idea in fact a company called video groove made a 3 part series i believe, however the idea is solid as hell and would in my opinion showcase a lot of talent not only from well known riders but also people who rip and are completely unknown.

The videos were called battle my crew, obviously a new name would have to be thought up but heres how it worked

People from all around the world take a couple weeks , months (producers would have to have a set deadline) and compile their best footage and make an edit which i believe couldnt exceed 5 minutes in length for obvious reasons they would submit said edits to the producers of the video who would review all of them and choose the top 15-20 edits .(depending on how long they want to make the video its self , but more edits = better imo) Basically a no holds bared sort of thing. Either put up or shut up since your reppin your crew

From there they put those edits out onto a dvd showcasing some of the best talent world wide .The dvd would come with a mail in form , also an online pole would be held to determine who everyone thinks had the best section.

Now as far as what you get if you win, well that would be up to the video producer / sponsors.However getting some of the bigger names in the industry to put up some awesome products as a reward for winning would at least in my opinion spark some interest not to mention you would more or less have a nice ego boost till the next video came out which if you were the winner im sure you would feel obliged to defend said title and if you did not win you would probably want to try that much harder next time.

Hell i see guys posting vids on here all the time displaying some of the talent they have, why not put your money where your mouth is make the BEST one you possibly can and potentially prove that your just as good as the pros or if you are a pro prove to the haters exactly why you have the title that you do.

Just something that i personally would like to see , since alot of videos while extremely entertaining tend to get stagnant since its the same guys over and over. I love seeing people that are talented as hell killin it ,pros , ams or the random unknown guy from no wheres ville.

Id say an hour and a half over all running time would be good enough to give plenty of crews a shot at being in the "contest" while giving every one a equal shot.

Again its not an original idea but it did make for some of the best videos ive ever spent money on.