What does everyone do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 05:28 PM

ON1WHEEL is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you guys pay for your toys?

Whatsup, I was just wondering how everyone affords to make their bike payments/insurance payments and still have enough money to live. I mean, I have an apartment that I share with my roomate and I definitly dont have enough money to buy a bike, pay all my bills , have a girlfriend and go out still. I want to go to college but I just dont get how some of you can go to college and still afford a bike. I mean, is anyone else not going to college right now and lives on there own and can make all these payments. Do you guys landscape and work a ton of hours to be able to have all the toys. I had a bike in 2001 and 2002, but I didnt live in an apartment and I cant get a bike this summer and Im real pissed. Sorry to complain , but I just wanna know what Im doing wrong, I dont get how all you on here, Im assuming are aroung my age of 22 can afford all the toys and go to college and or live out of your parents house. You guys dont know how pissed I get when I see a bike or here a bike tear by the house or on the freeway, wow, it sucks. I mean , its nice having an apartment to party in, but I think I still rather have a bike.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:49 PM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
Different situations for everyoen but I live at home, work part time and go to school. Not the best gig, but could be worse
Old 06-02-2003, 06:18 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

od1nixer is an unknown quantity at this point
Gotta hustle baby. Nothing is handed to you. I'm 20, share a house with a bunch of guys, truck payments, and work full time. I OWN all my bikes, bikes are not a necessity. I've scraped every penny since I started working. I wheel and deal, I hustle, and I get my **** paid for. It always helps that I'm polish and never pay full price.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
I own a house... Live with my chick and other roommate...

I work at a bike parts store full time... work on the online store... and run the company website and messageboard... Oh yeah... The bike shop is called StuntLife...

I run the StuntLife retail store, online store, ebay auctions, travel to the shows I can afford to.... and try and keep the website updated and the boards running smoothly.

Besides that I sleep.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:35 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not in school. I work full time at my parents store(Sam's Boot Corral) I get out of work, and i go stunt for 2 hours at a private road inbetween warehouses that is owned by a drug dealer.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:49 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
I work all of the time

I am 20yrs old and have a tire and rim shop, I have been workin at since I was 16. I work at my shop 12 hours a day mon thru sat, and do most of my stuntin at night in parkin lots or on Sundays. I don't go to school, just work, but most of my money goes to my lawyer for all of my tickets and the other money goes to bills and ect. Luckily I have a cool job make preety good money sellin 20's and 24''s and stuff plus I get to hook up my own ride with some 26''s I got in last week, I can not complain, everything in cool.:
Old 06-02-2003, 07:32 PM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm 22.

I have a 4x4 fabrication shop called silly fab service®. I build custom rock buggies, rollcages, motor swaps, etc.

I also go to school full time and paying for it

I charge $120/ hour for general fabrication. and have set prices for cages and chassis etc.

If I need something pricey I can usually get it over summer time because I have more time to work and less bills.

everything I have is paid for.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:34 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I work all of the time

Originally posted by jrl750
I am 20yrs old and have a tire and rim shop, I have been workin at since I was 16. I work at my shop 12 hours a day mon thru sat, and do most of my stuntin at night in parkin lots or on Sundays. I don't go to school, just work, but most of my money goes to my lawyer for all of my tickets and the other money goes to bills and ect. Luckily I have a cool job make preety good money sellin 20's and 24''s and stuff plus I get to hook up my own ride with some 26''s I got in last week, I can not complain, everything in cool.:
Do you give discounts to Stuntlife Members .
Old 06-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel your pain heh. I busted *** and graduated early and finished college when I was 22. Now I work at a technology consulting firm and get paid **** wages. I can at least afford a bike though. I've wanted a bike as long as I can remember. Neither I or my parents had the bread to get me one so I did without until I could afford it. Then I went out and got a squeaky clean gixxer 6 and I have completely TRASHED it and had a blast doing it. People say that you respect **** alot more if you work for it, but I think thats bullshit. Cause I have totalled my 600 twice and have always rebuilt it out of pocket. I am putting in my 4th engine in tonight but this time I am cramming an 02 750 in there.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:48 PM
Regular StuntLifer

fugi996 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am 23 and because of this site, I quit my job as a Fleet mechanic and openend up my own manufacturing company that makes Honda XR50 parts. I also own my home with my girl and a roomate. Bills suck, but when you ride your bike or drive a nice car it is all worth it.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a construction foreman for the Utility company- I put in natural gas lines. I do alright, I can support my wife and new son, I own a Durango and a little VW (for the wife). I don't have too many toys- a pro street Chevelle, and I just sold 2 900rr's- I plan to buy a wrecked one and build a street fighter, any one have a cheap one? I actually put myself through school and have a BA degree, but starting salary is half of what I make now so I can't afford to change jobs. I like working outside and digging holes anyway!
Old 06-02-2003, 11:17 PM

not7fifteen is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a 20 years old and a waiter at a mexican restaurant. I live in a house with a roommate and have my 750, a 11 second Plymouth Laser turbo thats highly modded but broke all the time, and a 91 ford festiva to drive back and forth to school and work when its shitty out. Everything is paid for right now and I'm usually pretty broke but I get by having keggers at my house and working most nights at the restaurant.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:47 AM

TAREK307 is an unknown quantity at this point

car sales!! TOYOTA#1 BABY.......if you wanna make loot, you either sell cars or houses! or ofcourse lawyer, doc!
Old 06-03-2003, 03:56 AM

Darkfall is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm 21, and go to ISU.. It's called gettin student loans that your parents have no clue about and buying a bike!

Well thats what I did anyways.. Make sure to change all the addresses tho, it sucks trying to explain why they got a letter saying their son has 7,000 in student loans. "no dad, they offered those but i didn't take them, i dunno why that got sent"

Me and 2 of my roommates have this system perfected We're helping like 4 other ppl currently trying to get bikes the same way. Hell it says in the loan papers "may be used for transportation" well I got my transportation!

Oh yeah, and hiding the motorcycles everytime someones parents is stopping by the apt here at school sucks too! haha oh well life is fun for now....
Old 06-03-2003, 09:21 AM

helipilot is an unknown quantity at this point
33yo, married and one daughter. Own my own house plus several rentals, and I'm a helicopter pilot flying Medevac. (kinda ironic i think)
Old 06-03-2003, 10:03 AM

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
28, manager of my father's Distribution company, and single father to my 9yr old son. I have all the other debts, I just need a house!!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:15 AM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Discounts to all Stuntlife Members

I ship mounted and balanced tires/wheels anywhere in the US. Call anytime 910 353 8473 ask for Ryan, and say you saw the ad on Stuntlife and I'll hook you up on whatever you want 15''s to 26'', mudtires street tires everything. Hours are 7:30am to 7:00pm Mon thru Sat. Most orders will be to in you 3days depending where you are at FedEx
Old 06-03-2003, 10:21 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
i worked in a body shop doing custom cars all growing up so i made fat cash that way. Then i went through 2 years of aviation school and i got activated for the army so now i'm active duty military police. When i get off orders i'm going back to school to finish being a commercial pilot.

oh ya, i live in a nice apartment with 1 room mate, i have 2 929's, 2 honda accords, 93 s-10 full show truck, and 2002 xr50. it just takes time to slowly build up. i'm trying to get rid of my show truck cause i dont have time to attend shows anymore.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:42 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
I'm 26, married, got a stepson a bike payment a house payment a bunch of credit card bills. I drive a forklift at a Maytag factory here in town. I make enough to have alot of what I want and do. But I do spend alot on stunting and partying. I think if I lay off the partying every weekend I'd be alot better off.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:55 PM

GRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really nice
WELL, I don't have a bike anymore and I am a broke bitch and can’t afford one, WHY you ask..... I spend too much money on stupid sh*t, u know the necessities in life, like smokes, food, drinks (non alcoholic well for the most part), etc.!! I work at THE HELMET SHOP... all I do is get paid to sit here all day on STUNTLIFE! My job ROCKS :YEAH

So, far I live by myself have a couple roommates but they are back home (Jamaica) have the whole house to myself til AUGUST whoooo, hooooo!!!!!

Thinkin about gettin a second job so I can get myself a new bike. Unless someone wants to give out loans cr500 what can you do for me?!?!

Quick Reply: What does everyone do for a living?