What does everyone do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 11:21 AM

ON1WHEEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by ONEUP
I'm 24 and own a Accessories/Performance Shop for Cars, Trucks, and just getting into Bikes....
I was thinking about starting something like that. What kind of upfront cost would someone be looking at ? And is it profitibale, do decent, make ends meet , or are you getting killed. And oh yeah, I think I have one less expense at this point, I think me and my girlfriend broke up, so I guess one good thing might come out of it, its maybe one step closer to a bike .
Old 06-06-2003, 11:35 AM
On Probation - Rebel member

420f4i is an unknown quantity at this point
i was thinkin bout startin a shop in so. cali. shugga help us out. wut do we need to do to get things goin. how hard is it to make a living. will i have enuogh time to work full time & have a bike shop at the same time. i have people that will work at the shop & it will be located at the same location as my current job. so i can kinda go between the two. *** it im startin my own thread to get advice.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:42 AM

AWW_NAWW is an unknown quantity at this point
Im 46 and a dish washer for Pizza Hut
Old 06-06-2003, 12:01 PM

46 and a dishwasher? at least u planned ahead for life.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:08 PM

ON1WHEEL is an unknown quantity at this point
So 420f4i, where is the thread you were supposed to start?
Old 06-06-2003, 01:27 PM

its under stunt discussion
Old 06-07-2003, 02:00 AM

P-Kidd is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm 30, buying my dreamhouse, sharing it with my wife (RN Nurse ) and 10 year old daughter ( Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do) who stunts on her 50' . I'm an Operations Supervisor at Fed EX Freight. Not a relly good stunter unless you count my 10 yard wheelies and excessive beer drinking. Funny I've never mixed ridin' and drinking.......
Old 06-07-2003, 09:33 AM

ONEUP is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by ON1WHEEL
I was thinking about starting something like that. What kind of upfront cost would someone be looking at ? And is it profitibale, do decent, make ends meet , or are you getting killed. And oh yeah, I think I have one less expense at this point, I think me and my girlfriend broke up, so I guess one good thing might come out of it, its maybe one step closer to a bike .
I started out 2 years ago with $30k, if i were to do it again would probably start with at least $50k, and get a bigger shop and garage... if you get a good location you could make really good money, if your really interest let me know i'll set you up with some distributers....
Old 06-07-2003, 10:46 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
im a shady used car dealer. But, hey it pays the bills. Im 24 - bought a house 2 years ago, have a 2002 R1, 1998 900RR, 2003 XR Fiddy, 2002 400 EX........

anyone need a car
Old 06-07-2003, 10:48 AM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough
I am an unemployed Windows Network Admin. If anyone has a hookup in Miami, FL let me know!
Old 06-07-2003, 03:06 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Your supposed to have a job????? I'm unemployed, and sitting at home because I can't WALK. Dang bike injuries will get the best of ya!!! I'm about to start college in the spring, all I can say is the way I afford it is finance. Not too mention those two Great Danes of mine made me some cash with those puppies.
Justin .ak.a. Wingnut
Old 04-29-2004, 09:17 PM

emcc421 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How do you guys pay for your toys?

Originally Posted by ON1WHEEL
Whatsup, I was just wondering how everyone affords to make their bike payments/insurance payments and still have enough money to live. I mean, I have an apartment that I share with my roomate and I definitly dont have enough money to buy a bike, pay all my bills , have a girlfriend and go out still. I want to go to college but I just dont get how some of you can go to college and still afford a bike. I mean, is anyone else not going to college right now and lives on there own and can make all these payments. Do you guys landscape and work a ton of hours to be able to have all the toys. I had a bike in 2001 and 2002, but I didnt live in an apartment and I cant get a bike this summer and Im real pissed. Sorry to complain , but I just wanna know what Im doing wrong, I dont get how all you on here, Im assuming are aroung my age of 22 can afford all the toys and go to college and or live out of your parents house. You guys dont know how pissed I get when I see a bike or here a bike tear by the house or on the freeway, wow, it sucks. I mean , its nice having an apartment to party in, but I think I still rather have a bike.
Wwll, I'm 26, an electrical engineer - appartment, single and have no debt so all my cash goes on bikes, beer, smoke and my celica in that order (ok, every now and then I eat)
Old 04-29-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

AlphaR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What does everyone do for a living?

I own a pet care biz , boarding ,training ,doggie day camp i also show and breed pits
Old 04-29-2004, 11:45 PM

XPnugget is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XPnugget
I live in the XP house where ALL the phat parties go down, I dont work, got 2 bikes NO CAR cuz i live in the STUNT CAPITOL OF THE WORLD, FLORIDA. who needs to drive? aint got no girlfrien cuz Im a PLAYA!! hit the club, get some PINKK and wake up happy every day. (unless im in jail)

WOW, this was me on 06-24-2003!!! my how things have changed, I have been working 50 hours a week for the last 8 months at Pit Stop Tire, doin the mechanic thang, making ok money. I had a girlfriend for a year, but she turned out to be a worthless piece of crap who apparently likes to screw all the bouncers at Fuel nightclub since the break up... Im pretty much broke now, because I work ( how does that happen??) I bought a 97 chevy astro van to haul my bike around in, and live in a sweet house on the beach. dont really have any parties, but im still down to get trashed every once in a while. I dont really have any time to ride anymore. wish I did......
Old 04-30-2004, 12:15 AM

03silvers is an unknown quantity at this point

wierd how **** changes isnt it...and dont worry bout the girl...thats a thing they tend to do when ya breakup with them, go **** anything that moves thatll give them attention lol
Old 04-30-2004, 12:22 AM

Ninja Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

i work at nextel partners and i talk on the phone all night to you bastards who dont know how to use a got dam phone..... or dont know how to mail in a payment.... or plug in a charger..... or forget you voicemail password.... or drop your phone in the toilet.... or went over your min and have a phone bill that costs as much or more than my got damm rent and think that i am going to give you a credit for the full amount.....haha....wrong!!!wrong!!! or these poor little people who called long distance and was charged .40 cents and wants a credit and if they dont get the credit then they are going to cancel. ( if you want to know...they did cancel.... cuz i aint given up ****....) or make an international dialing call and swear that they were not in mexico.... yeeeaa WHATEVAAA!!! or just want go over the bill cuz your got dam ignerant... or call in and want to know why you phone isnt working? oh.... i see you havent made a payment in 3 matha ****in months....uhhh...that would be why your phone isnt working... do you want some bonus min sir....huh... do ya... well then maby you should hang up and then call back because i aint given ya chit..... but hey thanks for calling >8' )

but thats pretty much it.... if you have a nextel and you call 611 from 3:30 to 12:00 central standing time... and you get a young man on the phone by the name of Jason... dont expect to get **** from me....

but we do appreciate your business and i hope you have a good night...

ps... oh.... and i sell my body on the weekends for a little spending cash....
Old 04-30-2004, 12:32 AM

Ninja Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

oh and i am living in my house with a 4'9" azian devil of a girlfriend and my roomate biscuit....

other than work.... i practice....

-------------------
www.schoolofruckus.com
Old 04-30-2004, 12:43 AM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point

18y/o punk kid. high school senior, live with my parents. I've worked since I was 16. Im now working behind a meat counter making $8/hour. I've owned an old dirtbike, a 97 250 ninja, (both sold) and now a 91 F2. Also I drive a crunchy 94 Mustang (totalled twice) with way too much motor work that I did myself. (ported heads/exhaust/shift kit/ect...). Lately $ has went to court fee's & fines from a Minor in Consumption i got last month . Hoping to move out this summer with some friends, then go to a local (2yr) college next year?
Old 04-30-2004, 12:44 AM

gixxer_mark is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm 34, work 50 hrs a week at bed bath & beyond as a manager, wife is a school teacher... we pay on our home... cars are paid for... bikes are paid for... no credit debt... makin' decent bank between the both of us... doesn't seem like i ride anymore because i work to keep everything we have... no hussle here, that **** has landed me in too much trouble and jail in the past... just work hard and buy new **** when there's money in the checking account...
Old 04-30-2004, 01:00 AM

XPnugget is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ninja Jay
i work at nextel partners and i talk on the phone all night to you bastards who dont know how to use a got dam phone..... or dont know how to mail in a payment.... or plug in a charger..... or forget you voicemail password.... or drop your phone in the toilet.... or went over your min and have a phone bill that costs as much or more than my got damm rent and think that i am going to give you a credit for the full amount.....haha....wrong!!!wrong!!! or these poor little people who called long distance and was charged .40 cents and wants a credit and if they dont get the credit then they are going to cancel. ( if you want to know...they did cancel.... cuz i aint given up ****....) or make an international dialing call and swear that they were not in mexico.... yeeeaa WHATEVAAA!!! or just want go over the bill cuz your got dam ignerant... or call in and want to know why you phone isnt working? oh.... i see you havent made a payment in 3 matha ****in months....uhhh...that would be why your phone isnt working... do you want some bonus min sir....huh... do ya... well then maby you should hang up and then call back because i aint given ya chit..... but hey thanks for calling >8' )

but thats pretty much it.... if you have a nextel and you call 611 from 3:30 to 12:00 central standing time... and you get a young man on the phone by the name of Jason... dont expect to get **** from me....

but we do appreciate your business and i hope you have a good night...

ps... oh.... and i sell my body on the weekends for a little spending cash....

....so uhhhh, can you get me aproved for a nextel or what? STUNTLIFE DISCOUNT!!!!!!!!! :YEAH

Quick Reply: What does everyone do for a living?