clutch control??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:38 PM

jbstunts is a decent person
Re: clutch control??

Originally Posted by #1Rookie
thanks bro! i just made the jump up to pro after that comp and competed in XDL, qualified 6th but in the finals i went down and ended up 13th. competing pro is deff not easy!
so your done sandbaggin? didnt u say king of the south was your last am comp? anyways good job on your win
Old 10-17-2007, 12:26 AM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skillz
I went to this and there was a barrier, they asked all the stunters to park there bikes in a row to protect the spectators. that still left 2 sides open to the crowd. point is am. or pro things happen . I have to say XDL should be a model for all comps
Xdl was defintely the most organized, safest stunt event i ever attended.

To Gilbert: For a stunter that has been in the game for over a decade, who recently split his head open like a coconut because you were wearing no helmet and trying new tricks...i doubt you should preach on the issue of safety.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:29 AM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
Three since there were no girls to sign up for the girls comp where DID THE MONEY GO. WHOS POCKET?
There was a girl that competed.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:18 AM

ScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
I just watched a video and all I have to say is W O W

who the **** set that event up?

who the **** insured that??

another example of weak *** promoters making cash of this **** doing unsafe shows
i would of been in pittsburgh myself if business didnt bring me there.

i think it will be better organized next year. for someone who never put together a show i feel he did an amazing job promoting...for months i saw flyers or heard about it.

as far as safety, your right. barriers would be nice for the spectators, esp since it was being filmed for superbikes....but then again i have no idea what that costs to truck them in etc...

there was a mandatory gear thing on the flyer but it seemed like it came down to just a helmet. i def agree with full gear for comps...more professional looking, but as far as shows i ll never wear a helmet. see avatar.

at the end of the day he was asking for input and feedback...wanted to hear the good and the bad. which was nice to see.

hopefully next year will be different, i heard the convention center was very pleased with everything and supposedly asked him back for a whole weekend next year.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:23 AM

ScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura about

and as far as insurance, your right, who the **** would insure that...in this day and age...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:41 AM

#1Rookie is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jb420
so your done sandbaggin? didnt u say king of the south was your last am comp? anyways good job on your win
i guess you could say that but king of the south was my 1st comp ever entering individual freestyle and clutch was my 2nd. i've only been riding for a lil over a year
Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 AM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks bro! i just made the jump up to pro after that comp and competed in XDL, qualified 6th but in the finals i went down and ended up 13th. competing pro is deff not easy!
I hear ya...congrats! 13th is good considering the company you are in at XDL comps. I got 13th at Long Beach XDL and I am very happy with that. Of course I will try harder for finals.:YEAH
Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

Originally Posted by T-Ice
It was actually quite a bit bigger than you are putting it. I do believe alot of the riders that i talked too were down with the size of the lot at XDL Vegas. I think the lot in XDL Virginia was even better.

Always props to Thomas for stepping up the game and forcing everyone to follow or get left behind. The 2 XDL events i went to this year were my favorite events of the year by far. Riders get treated like the center of the show and not just some side act. From the registration to the riders meetings and the awards ceremony, everything is very professional!!!!

Thanks again Thomas for keeping the dream alive!!!!

Tice
+1.000,000.125
Old 10-17-2007, 12:05 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

nina weee will become famous soon enoughnina weee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie
There was a girl that competed.

Alie you should've borrrowed someone's 50 and came out tooo
Old 10-17-2007, 02:05 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SIC Nate
I hear ya...congrats! 13th is good considering the company you are in at XDL comps. I got 13th at Long Beach XDL and I am very happy with that. Of course I will try harder for finals.:YEAH
No doubt when 20 of the top riders in the country show up at an event, placing in the top 15 must feel pretty great. Congrats to both of you.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:14 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess you could say that but king of the south was my 1st comp ever entering individual freestyle and clutch was my 2nd. i've only been riding for a lil over a year
your run was very good you will be at the top in no time
Old 10-17-2007, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by weeee420
Alie you should've borrrowed someone's 50 and came out tooo
Nina I regret not bringing my 50. It woulda defintely been fun to have a practice session with you. What's the next event ur attending? SW's?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
M.A.S.S. MAYHEM 4 OUT NOW

Kevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by STICKYstunts
It would be nice if Meacham would bring back the Baltimore Bike Bash.

BIG lot, barricades, wet t-shirt contest, car show, and awesome practice spots all around.

And Thomas MC'ed and ran the event, so you know it was quality.
BRING BACK THE BASH i had so much fun at the last one
Old 10-17-2007, 07:05 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
+1.000,000.125

Old 10-17-2007, 09:04 PM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

Marcus Jr. competed at SW this year, that was his first comp. Then we went to VA Motorsports Mayhem, XDL was his 3rd comp. He got his F4i in Aug. of last year, but he was said to be "no rookie" and 'competing since the age of 13". Who knows?

I would love to know Jr's score to know what he should be working on. Anyone know?? I have emailed a couple of people, Mikey SBF doesn't remember his score, I know someone must have it.

XDL is a very nicely run event, and it's always great to watch the best of the best ride.

Props to Thomas from here as well.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by ~Mandy~
Marcus Jr. competed at SW this year, that was his first comp. Then we went to VA Motorsports Mayhem, XDL was his 3rd comp. He got his F4i in Aug. of last year, but he was said to be "no rookie" and 'competing since the age of 13". Who knows?

I would love to know Jr's score to know what he should be working on. Anyone know?? I have emailed a couple of people, Mikey SBF doesn't remember his score, I know someone must have it.

XDL is a very nicely run event, and it's always great to watch the best of the best ride.

Props to Thomas from here as well.
im not sure what his score was either but i do know that i deducted some points from presentation because he did not do alot to engage the crowd...and that made a big difference in alot of peoples runs on saturday...
Old 10-17-2007, 09:13 PM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

Originally Posted by southtown
im not sure what his score was either but i do know that i deducted some points from presentation because he did not do alot to engage the crowd...and that made a big difference in alot of peoples runs on saturday...
I knew he lost some points for that. He gets so nervous, really nervous when he knows some of the people that are out there watching him. He does great at shows, I think he is so concentrated on making sure he remembers his run that he misses out on the crowd thing. He is working on it though.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by ~Mandy~
I knew he lost some points for that. He gets so nervous, really nervous when he knows some of the people that are out there watching him. He does great at shows, I think he is so concentrated on making sure he remembers his run that he misses out on the crowd thing. He is working on it though.
it seems like a common problem with alot of riders...time and experience...he has ability just needs to fine tune his competition stance...
Old 10-18-2007, 04:16 AM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

nina weee will become famous soon enoughnina weee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie
Nina I regret not bringing my 50. It woulda defintely been fun to have a practice session with you. What's the next event ur attending? SW's?

Yupp ill be at Stuntwars. I might be flying down so I prolly wont have the bike....but if im driving down then ill bring the bike and we'll definately have a session :YEAH