clutch control??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

nina weee will become famous soon enoughnina weee will become famous soon enough
Re: clutch control??

Yuppppppppppppp just wish i didnt have to compete against the big boys

It was a first time show.... Allan, the organizer said he's already planning next year's show....since he's got time to plan it well....im sure theres guna be barriers and a better set up next year...... a flat parking lot would be nice too
Old 10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
cool cool, i believe it was advertised as an amatuer comp (could be wrong), and the issue i believe with thomas is that knowing that it's more likely for an amatuer to crash/wreck, why would you not have barriers to protect the spectators? We all crash on occassion, but a bike going into a crowd and mowing people down would be like 10 steps backwards on what some of us are trying to do...... and this being something backed/put on by the great britton himself

We do some SHOWS without steel/concrete barriers, but we do atleast have some type of barrier and i personally take alot less risk at shows vs comps, i don't recall seeing anything of the sort there. I'm glad everything went well and without incident, but i do see and agree with thomas

sorry but that's just my
i agree, i'd love to see barriers since we all **** up from time to time. Crowds have a tendancy to close in as well. forcing the issue.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:11 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

the line to sum up this thread is " YOU do what you do And Ill do what i do"....who needs barriers and who cares about people getting hurt....thats is the only reason people watch/attended/buy video of extreme sports....more people need to get hurt too much protective gear is killing the sport
Old 10-15-2007, 02:14 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

nina weee will become famous soon enoughnina weee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
the line to sum up this thread is " YOU do what you do And Ill do what i do"....who needs barriers and who cares about people getting hurt....thats is the only reason people watch/attended/buy video of extreme sports....more people need to get hurt too much protective gear is killing the sport
I cant tell if ur being serious or not ?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by weeee420
Isn't that the point
Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 PM

yes seriously for more people to enjoy extreme sports more people need to get hurt....people want to see people get hurt/lose....its human nature....when somebody gets hurt more people enjoy it than people not enjoying it...you may not believe it....but as you get older and pay more attetion you will understand...losers are the new winners
Old 10-15-2007, 02:24 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

I agree wtih what ur saying..... people enjoy pain and watching others get hurt.... part of human nature like u said...but why would u want the people watching to get hurt ? they're the ones that are going to take the bigggest beating with no barriers if **** goes wrong

Would it really be that funny to see someone's 4 year old kid get piled by a 400 pound streetbike because of a stunt gone wrong and poor set up ?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I agree wtih what ur saying..... people enjoy pain and watching others get hurt.... part of human nature like u said...but why would u want the people watching to get hurt ? they're the ones that are going to take the bigggest beating with no barriers if **** goes wrong
Id rather see spectators get hurt than stunters. I dont really like spectators.

Would it really be that funny to see someone's 4 year old kid get piled by a 400 pound streetbike because of a stunt gone wrong and poor set up ?
That would fall under Darwin's law of natural selection.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

Originally Posted by MikeM
Id rather see spectators get hurt than stunters. I dont really like spectators.

I dont like them either....but at a stunt show... u might come across one or two.................. :P
Old 10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

now that I think about it.... the parents of the kids should be responsible for them and seeing that there's no barriers, they probably shouldn't have their kids stand front row and watch.

I fucked up.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes seriously for more people to enjoy extreme sports more people need to get hurt....people want to see people get hurt/lose....its human nature....when somebody gets hurt more people enjoy it than people not enjoying it...you may not believe it....but as you get older and pay more attetion you will understand...losers are the new winners
very tru...hell, why do u all think that ufc or other mma fighting is around so much nowadays...people want to see people get beat up.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:05 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

sick *****.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

now that I think about it.... the parents of the kids should be responsible for them and seeing that there's no barriers, they probably shouldn't have their kids stand front row and watch.

I fucked up.
That's the assumption of risk defense. Which is what would be used if something did go down. I'll be the 1st to say I've seen enough people get hurt or die and i don't need to see anymore. oh and **** "do a fuggin burnout" spectators.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

ya.... the spectators love the smoke in the face and things getting blown up... I guess destruction is the way to go ?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:11 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya.... the spectators love the smoke in the face and things getting blown up... I guess destruction is the way to go ?

ehh, ur canadian....u just dont understand
Old 10-15-2007, 03:13 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

kill'n it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	THOMAS STUNT.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	201204  
Old 10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

Originally Posted by dizzie56
ehh, ur canadian....u just dont understand

just for the record- I love destruction.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

I just watched the youtube video of that event...that is the wackest **** i've seen in a long time!

bringing it straight BACK to 2001 when we used to hit up the industrial roads with mad people watching on the sidelines....nice, except that it's nearly 2008.

stuff like that shouldn't even be considered an event, all it is is an swift kick in the nuts waiting to happen. allowing and even giving events like that publicity is garbage.

hope its better next year, for everyone's sake...and not hating on anything to do with the riding.

i've seen events handled better by idiots with almost no preparation...that **** shouldn't fly these days as a 'comp' or anything else, especially with events like XDL, Stuntwars, and Starboyz Stuntfest out there for people to attend.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:59 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I liked the way XDL dealt with the setup at VIR. It was very professional. The barriers are important.

It's like nobody learned anything from the dragster and the monster truck plowing into crowds this summer.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 PM

burnsy is a decent person

thats messed up ... they might wanna see the people doin the stunts weck or crash .. not the people watchin... how would you feel if you lived in that neighborhood and you took your wife and kids to an AM STUNT COMP. and some squid f*cks up and they loose there bike and the bike goes into the crowd killin someone. or hurtin someone bad

Quick Reply: clutch control??