just got chased by a helicopter!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:06 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
just got chased by a helicopter!

let me start by saying ****!!!

if you're lazy, skip to the asterisks....

me n' 2 other peeps are on some dead back street practicing. about an hour into it, i start sweating, i pull over onto the side-walk, take off my sweater, get back on the bike, start rolling down the sidewalk, cause one of my buddies was doin a wheelie down the street.

then i see everything around me get lit up, look up, and sure enough its a helicopter. so i start runnin from it while i'm on the side-walk with my headlight off. was runnin in circles for about 3-4 minutes, then i realized there is no way i could lose him so i pulled into a 3-story parking lot so he couldn't see me.

anyway, 3 cop cars showed up and i was fucked.

FYI - the reason he singled me out was because i was on the friggin side-walk.

other 2 got away....which is good :YEAHones better than 3.

anyway, i got cited for:

24250 VC driving w/ out headlight
21650 VC failure to drive on right side of the road
21663 VC riding on side-walk

LAPD court date is roughly a month from now. anyway to get out of this? how bad are these violations?

btw - since the cops didn't see me do any of this...they said, "you can try and fight in court, and since we didn't see it, the person in the helicopter" will show up in court.

PIECE OF ADVICE:
do not try and run away from a helicopter, EVER! ...especially, if you're just on the side-walk doing NOTHING! ...i feel like an idiot cause i panicked, if i would've kept calm and just stayed there, nothing would have happened.

Last edited by DirtyToes; 10-14-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:16 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: just got chased by a helicopter!

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
let me start by saying ****!!!

if you're lazy, skip to the asterisks....

me n' 2 other peeps are on some dead back street practicing. about an hour into it, i start sweating, i pull over onto the side-walk, take off my sweater, get back on the bike, start rolling down the sidewalk, cause one of my buddies was doin a wheelie down the street.

then i see everything around me get lit up, look up, and sure enough its a helicopter. so i start runnin from it while i'm on the side-walk with my headlight off. was runnin in circles for about 3-4 minutes, then i realized there is no way i could lose him so i pulled into a 3-story parking lot so he couldn't see me.

anyway, 3 cop cars showed up and i was fucked.

FYI - the reason he singled me out was because i was on the friggin side-walk.

other 2 got away....which is good :YEAHones better than 3.

anyway, i got cited for:

24250 VC driving w/ out headlight
21650 VC failure to drive on right side of the road
21663 VC riding on side-walk

LAPD court date is roughly a month from now. anyway to get out of this? how bad are these violations?

p.s. since the cops didn't see me do any of this...they said, "you can try and fight in court, and since we didn't see it, the person in the helicopter" will show up in court.
maybe you should have just drove normal and he may never even sent cruisers out to get you
Old 10-14-2007, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
maybe you should have just drove normal and he may never even sent cruisers out to get you
nahh, the cruisers were on the way already. they just sent the heli first.

i also added a little note to the end of my post above ^^ .
Old 10-14-2007, 03:18 AM

hoodni66a is a decent person

ahaha

cool stuff man. Stick it to the man. But thats like 3 points right thurr.

where was this? How can you sweat right now/?? its like 60 degrees outside.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:20 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

kinda the point i was trying to make......lol
Old 10-14-2007, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by hoodni66a
ahaha

cool stuff man. Stick it to the man. But thats like 3 points right thurr.

where was this? How can you sweat right now/?? its like 60 degrees outside.
when you're doing idle wheelies. with alot of cloth on, you sweat.

and HOLY ****, are you serious?! that's 3 points? ...you just made my night alot worst.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:31 AM

hoodni66a is a decent person

maybe 2.5 since I got busted for driving on the bike lane and sidewalk and got 2 points. judge didn't let me do traffic school or community service.

one more thing is to try and fight it. next time run. leave the bike and run. when i was living in my old apartment complex i got lit up by the ghetto bird and left my car and just walked away into my apartment and hid under my bed. they came looking but never found me. my babys mama was like he dosent live here i kicked him out. they left and never came back to get me.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:37 AM

**** that, i'm not gonna ditch my bike...they can impound it.

i've already got 2 points on my record...so anymore, and my **** will be suspended.

is there anyway to get out of the ticket?

my fuse blew tonight, and i was plannin on towin it home after i was done. but i still rode with it, so i guess i'm liable?

the side-walk i can't deny.

and i don't remember bein on the wrong side of the road. besides, the road wasn't divided.

Last edited by DirtyToes; 10-14-2007 at 03:56 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:40 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

I don't get it . Who was flying the helicopter ? I thought they were part of the police force ?

The offenses you got don't really seem that bad .

I would have thought you were going to get evading ticket (running from the police) . That would be bad .
Old 10-14-2007, 03:50 AM

okay, so according to:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/vioptct.htm#twocvc

sidewalk = 1 point
wrong side = 1 point....again, the road was NOT devided, no line in the middle.
light = 1 point

so 3 ****** points....meaning that if i lose, my license will get suspended!

Last edited by DirtyToes; 10-14-2007 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy D
I don't get it . Who was flying the helicopter ? I thought they were part of the police force ?

The offenses you got don't really seem that bad .

I would have thought you were going to get evading ticket (running from the police) . That would be bad .
ya, it def. could have been worst but i wanna try and get out of this cause i really can't afford to have my license suspended.

and the helicopter is apparently and "officer" too.

they have his full name on the ticket, and refer to him as "air 16"
Old 10-14-2007, 03:54 AM

anyone know if i can please guilty to two of the citations, and not guilty for the 3rd?

or is it either all guilty or all not guilty?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:05 AM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

definately lawyer up, if hes good it might cost you 100 or so per ticket. thats how it is in new orleans. as long as the city is makin some money off ur **** up and it isnt anything too bad (which it doesnt seem like it is) they dont give a ****.

btw, i have gotten 8 speeding tickets (2 were 20mph over speed limit), 2 no seatbelt, 2 improper lane usages, 1 exhibition of speed, and a wreckless operations and i dont have any moving violations on my record. ive gotten em all down to improper equipments and pay ab 150 bucks and im out (with the help of a lawyer on a bunch of em)
Old 10-14-2007, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by DaHammer
definately lawyer up, if hes good it might cost you 100 or so per ticket. thats how it is in new orleans. as long as the city is makin some money off ur **** up and it isnt anything too bad (which it doesnt seem like it is) they dont give a ****.

btw, i have gotten 8 speeding tickets (2 were 20mph over speed limit), 2 no seatbelt, 2 improper lane usages, 1 exhibition of speed, and a wreckless operations and i dont have any moving violations on my record. ive gotten em all down to improper equipments and pay ab 150 bucks and im out (with the help of a lawyer on a bunch of em)
dude, you're my idle

pm sent.

p.s. what is "improper equipments"?

Last edited by DirtyToes; 10-14-2007 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:16 AM

Alex- is an unknown quantity at this point

couldnt you just say you blew your fuse while riding?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by killinthafiddy
couldnt you just say you blew your fuse while riding?
but i think they'll come back and say..."well, why did you keep riding if your fuse was out?"
Old 10-14-2007, 04:27 AM

BayF4i is a decent person

wow dude that sucks ***! I would have done the same ****! They arn't that bad, depending on your driving record... You definatly shoudl fight it... claiming that you thought you would get charged with whatever the ppl you were with would have gotten... maybe the judge will think you were just too scared and fucked up.. well hope it all goes well man... sorry to hear.

peace
Old 10-14-2007, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by BayF4i
wow dude that sucks ***! I would have done the same ****! They arn't that bad, depending on your driving record... You definatly shoudl fight it... claiming that you thought you would get charged with whatever the ppl you were with would have gotten... maybe the judge will think you were just too scared and fucked up.. well hope it all goes well man... sorry to hear.

peace
dats a good idea....and it's true, cause that is wat i was scared of and why i panicked.

here, a wheelie ticket = automatic suspension, 30-day impound, and reckless driving ticket.

which is EXACTLY wat i was thinkin about as i was running.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:33 AM

BayF4i is a decent person

yeah definatly, dude... if you show up to court, pressed and dressed... the judge has over rule to anything the cop cited you for, so he could potentially drop anyone of the charges and maybe even lower the whole ticket
Old 10-14-2007, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by BayF4i
yeah definatly, dude... if you show up to court, pressed and dressed... the judge has over rule to anything the cop cited you for, so he could potentially drop anyone of the charges and maybe even lower the whole ticket
ya but who says hes gonna believe me? ...even tho i'm tellin the truth.

even then, altho i'm tellin the truth, i still did the violations, which makes me liable. i don't think "why" i did it will make a difference.

Quick Reply: just got chased by a helicopter!