just got chased by a helicopter!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:06 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: just got chased by a helicopter!

yah u ran from the cops an got a sidewalk violation ticket...WOW theres nothing u can do cus you're already to luckyy to begin with, count your blessings you didnt get felony evasion, failure to stop for a police officer, etc...your a moron an a lucky one at that
Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
yah u ran from the cops an got a sidewalk violation ticket...WOW theres nothing u can do cus you're already to luckyy to begin with, count your blessings you didnt get felony evasion, failure to stop for a police officer, etc...your a moron an a lucky one at that

ya, like i said, it could've been worst.

best of luck bro, they gotta pay the fuel bill for that chopper some how.
haha, ya, it kinda sucks how they spent ALL that money for the chopper + gas to get that ****** up there, JUST TO give us ****. we need more criminals out here so then the cops will have something to do. someone call tony montana

and FYI, this was an industrial park, almost mid-night, with no cars or houses around for miles.

i'm def. gonna start shoppin around for lawyers tomorrow, but aside that....any other ideas of how i should fight it? ...i need all the help i can get.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

shoulda said you thought the chopper was hijacked by alkida and you ran cause you didnt wanna die.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:08 AM

Amir-R is a decent person

If the helicopter pilot is an ******* and lies his *** off in the police report (like cops ALWAYS do), then the prosecutor might add additional charges. I know from experience. I got a reckless driving ticket, and when I got to court on my court date, I had 2 additional charges, one of them being evading. I read the police report and it was unbelievable. One of the questions were "Why did you turn into this street?" and he put down that I said "I thought you were going to go straight.".. wtf?? I never answered that damn question!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:32 AM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, always fight the ticket! No matter what! You never come out worse if you fight it and lose.

Next, when you fight it, the officer that wrote the ticket AND the officer "AIR 16" both have to show up or the case is automatically dismissed.

Now, if you still are found guilty to one or more charges, then you can request "Level 2 traffic school". This is an option that you have to know about as they do not offer it to you if you dont ask for it. Level 2 traffic school is two days, 8 hrs each on a weekend, but it is good for keeping a 2 point ticket off your record and you can get it even if you have gone to reg traffic school within the last 18 months.

Finally, if you want a lawyer, I've heard that Russ Brown (http://www.russbrown.com) is good and specializes in motorcycle cases only, but usually for accidents. (and he is in the LA area). Or google "los angeles motorcycle traffic ticket lawyer" and you will get fewer choices that are more specialized to your needs.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 AM

amir....wtf, dats sooo fucked up! wat ended up happening? did they find u guilty on the extra charges?

i'm gonna call up ross tomorrow too & a bunch of other lawyers, i'll see wat they all say about my case.

and nate, i had no idea that a "level" 2 traffic school existed. it must be on their "secret menu"....but i don't think it matters, cause if i please not guilty(which i'm plannin on doing), it also means that i'm giving away my chance for traffic school...and i think the same rule applies to level 2?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:51 AM

and just FYI i've never been to traffic school.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:55 AM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that you can always ask for Level 2, and it is definitely on the "secret menu", I learned about it from a lawyer like the one you are seeking.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:16 AM

leland is an unknown quantity at this point

The way I read it might of been wrong, did you say you were just parked on a sidewalk on a empty back road? If so did the helicopter even see you do anything, other than the sidewalk? oops my bad you edited your first post and said that sorry.

Last edited by leland; 10-15-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:45 PM

okay, talked to 2 local lawyers

Lawyer #1 has a 96% dismissal rate, he wants $3,000...he'll gimme a 20% discount if i pay him cash and since its a big case. so $2,400

Lawyer #2 has 90% dismissal rate and wants a flat $2,500

and my bail will b e somewhere around $500-$700...so thats like $3,000 right there!

THESE PRICES ARE ****** OUTRAGEOUS!!! WHAT DO I DO?!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Tell your mom thanks

Harbourone is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay in jail and save on the bail?

Either pay the fines or pay the lawyers. Youre gonna be paying through the nose either way, might as well try and save some points on the liscence.

Seriously, consider staying in jail and saving on bail.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:27 AM

lol

**** that

if i'm gonna spend the money on a lawyer, im gonna pay the bail too. that way, if i win, i'll get it back.