throttle slack and high idle

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 01:12 AM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
throttle slack and high idle

how does everyone adjut their slack in the throttle? i know that "factory" calls for a slight bit of slack but i know a few guys that dont like ANY slack so that there is constant pressure on the cables... but what about running high idle becaus when you crank the idle up your basically just moving the butterflies which in turn causes more slack on the throttle cables even if there is none at stock idle... just lookin for a few pointers becaus anytime i use engine brake then get back into the throttle there is a harsh jump in the throttle so i wondered if taking out the slack might help
Old 10-13-2007, 02:31 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
Re: throttle slack and high idle

damn...i have no idea wat ur talkin about
Old 10-13-2007, 08:52 AM

ok when you twist your grip there is a small bit of slack before you actually have tention on the throttle cables and thats wat factory recommends.... what i was askin was if many people take out that slack so that there is NO play in the grip and steady pressure on the cables.... BUT with that bein said when you run high idle it brings that slack right back.... what do you do there? adjust the cables for a tight stock idle or for a higher one?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:15 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

i adjust for tight no play at all....

when i up the idle the play is still gone
Old 10-13-2007, 09:16 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

dude i told you to sign up infamous508stunts.com and i need your friggin bio to put up on website.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:45 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

when you turn your idle up it should actually turn your throttle. its small but it should still turn it. i to have my slack removed
Old 10-13-2007, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by dscamry
when you turn your idle up it should actually turn your throttle. its small but it should still turn it. i to have my slack removed
i noticed thats why i was wonderin if i should adjust the cables w/ the idle turned up already but i dont want there to be TOO much tension when the idle is turned back down to almost stock
Old 10-13-2007, 10:00 PM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

I got no slack, I hate a sloppy throttle
Old 10-13-2007, 10:22 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

adjust it as tight as you like it just make sure it doesn't go up when you turn your bars left and right and then you should be good and like some one said already when you turn your idle up the return cable will turn your throttle so it shouldn't make you have play when you turn up your idle ..

so you should be able to adjust the play out with your idle turned up or down and it shouldn't make a difference
Old 10-13-2007, 10:36 PM

OneWheelRegulator is an unknown quantity at this point

I adjust my slack at the clip ons where the cable come out of the throttle and it takes the slack away for a week or so but then it comes back and I have the cable almost all the way out at the throttle. Is there any other place I can adjust it at?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:38 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

nope you will need new cables once all the adjustment is gone
Old 10-13-2007, 10:51 PM
also known as OMR

well wait a minute there may be an adjustment by your throttle bodies im can't remember but you would have to take off your tank and air box to adjust it down there
Old 10-13-2007, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
nope you will need new cables once all the adjustment is gone
I gotta go look at it b/c I must not being doing it right seeing how my bike only has around 5k on it. Theres no way the cable is stretched.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:20 PM

Nevermind i got it......pffft newb
Old 10-14-2007, 12:53 AM

stuntman29 is a decent person

I hate trottle play....gotta run it snug so there is no unneeded movement:YEAH
Old 10-14-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
adjust it as tight as you like it just make sure it doesn't go up when you turn your bars left and right and then you should be good and like some one said already when you turn your idle up the return cable will turn your throttle so it shouldn't make you have play when you turn up your idle ..

so you should be able to adjust the play out with your idle turned up or down and it shouldn't make a difference
haha oh yeah push/pull cables duh!!!