XDL East coast eliminator.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:51 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold
Re: XDL East coast eliminator.....

Originally Posted by BT_Xtreme
+2
merk step to special k
JUST PLAIN NASTY
Old 10-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats to everyone who did well this weekend, nice meeting new people and seeing familiar faces,xdl is not set up,i thought i rode better than 15th the first day but didnt know the rules and squeaked by with 15th place, and then added some extra tricks for the finals and did much better.
also i would like to add some non comp info, aaron colton had his 12th birthday again over this weekend so happy birthday to him, teach paid off the judges again to get first(hate hate hate), kane helped me tighten the adjuster screw on my forks that wasnt there,fish told a total of 1005 jokes that nobody heard, mr colton who shot 24 spit ***** that hit nothing, grif and his speed channel velcro shoes and thomas mc" d excessively well. thank you
Old 10-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bridin412
congrats to everyone who did well this weekend, nice meeting new people and seeing familiar faces,xdl is not set up,i thought i rode better than 15th the first day but didnt know the rules and squeaked by with 15th place, and then added some extra tricks for the finals and did much better.
also i would like to add some non comp info, aaron colton had his 12th birthday again over this weekend so happy birthday to him, teach paid off the judges again to get first(hate hate hate), kane helped me tighten the adjuster screw on my forks that wasnt there,fish told a total of 1005 jokes that nobody heard, mr colton who shot 24 spit ***** that hit nothing, grif and his speed channel velcro shoes and thomas mc" d excessively well. thank you
Whamey. lol
Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

morrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suicidl
its not always who you know but sometimes who you blow thats the with comps i will just stick to streetrides and practice sessions
+1 ,thats why this sport is wack, ...i been there...dudes i would mop the floor with beat me,,,ha im with u i ..bought a 06 gix 6 and just hit the spot for fun , and streets..

Last edited by morrow; 10-09-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:25 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Originally Posted by Big R 508
so true , sometimes they pick their fave riders like usually ... there is another reason why i didnt go to complete ...i guess it is all about favorism not their skills nowadays. that sucks really.

Luke like another people said you should make it , i think next time you will step up ahead of their game and do ur thing as long people know you now...it takes time i guess.
oh no...

seriously...if i had picked my faves the rankings would have been (in some random order) twite, borne, lanier, niles...hell, i probably would have thrown ***** in just for ***** and giggles if it were that easy...

like everyone else has already said...if you did not qualify it is because something was lacking in your run...luke you lost points because you did not engage the crowd during your run, as did others...while teach was looking or interacting with the crowd for his entire run...

it was tough judging this event because everyone's riding was on point...the devil is in the details though. aside from a few people dropping bikes we really had to pay attention to little things like someone coming in on a 180 stoppie to clutch up and missing the clutch up, then hitting it a split second later...burnouts slipping, riders almost high siding and saving it...sketchy-ness...the smallest things made the biggest difference because everyone rode at an amazing level...

with that being said...a few things i learned this weekend (haven't done this in awhile)

1. the word of the weekend was bobble.

2. thomas can almost go a whole day being nice to people...almost...

3. rockstar ronnie has got to be one of the nicest, most stoked guys i have ever met...with the best loading ramp ever...ever...

4. tice's facial hair is actually a miniature alien species which can change whenever he commands it...i swear to god i saw the handle bar doing the wave out of his helmet during his run...

5. joe...YOUR TIME WAS UP!!!! no more parade laps there buddy...

6. sbf mikey will throw you under the bus quicker than anyone else i have ever met...and do it repeatedly..."dude, when the results come out, if anyone bitches, im telling them it is your fault..."

7. bill d...switch back wheelie right into switchback stoppie...whoa...

8. shane c absolutely killed it sat. and was well on his way sun. but had a few issues with his run...this guy is gonna go far...

9. bubash...stand still burn out going from 1st to 4th gear...whoa...

10. fish made me quit wanting to make videos this weekend...unreal ideas and amazing guy to hang out with...

11. mike nicely...this guy is like a monkey on speed when he is working. he's here, there, now there, one camera, two, now there...now one camera...hanging upside down from the judging stand... ...he got the money shots of the weekend and the XDL vid is gonna be nasty...the guy is quality for sure...

thats all for now...i know ill have more later...
Old 10-09-2007, 06:47 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southtown
oh no...

seriously...if i had picked my faves the rankings would have been (in some random order) twite, borne, lanier, niles...hell, i probably would have thrown ***** in just for ***** and giggles if it were that easy...

like everyone else has already said...if you did not qualify it is because something was lacking in your run...luke you lost points because you did not engage the crowd during your run, as did others...while teach was looking or interacting with the crowd for his entire run...

it was tough judging this event because everyone's riding was on point...the devil is in the details though. aside from a few people dropping bikes we really had to pay attention to little things like someone coming in on a 180 stoppie to clutch up and missing the clutch up, then hitting it a split second later...burnouts slipping, riders almost high siding and saving it...sketchy-ness...the smallest things made the biggest difference because everyone rode at an amazing level...

with that being said...a few things i learned this weekend (haven't done this in awhile)

1. the word of the weekend was bobble.

2. thomas can almost go a whole day being nice to people...almost...

3. rockstar ronnie has got to be one of the nicest, most stoked guys i have ever met...with the best loading ramp ever...ever...

4. tice's facial hair is actually a miniature alien species which can change whenever he commands it...i swear to god i saw the handle bar doing the wave out of his helmet during his run...

5. joe...YOUR TIME WAS UP!!!! no more parade laps there buddy...

6. sbf mikey will throw you under the bus quicker than anyone else i have ever met...and do it repeatedly..."dude, when the results come out, if anyone bitches, im telling them it is your fault..."

7. bill d...switch back wheelie right into switchback stoppie...whoa...

8. shane c absolutely killed it sat. and was well on his way sun. but had a few issues with his run...this guy is gonna go far...

9. bubash...stand still burn out going from 1st to 4th gear...whoa...

10. fish made me quit wanting to make videos this weekend...unreal ideas and amazing guy to hang out with...

11. mike nicely...this guy is like a monkey on speed when he is working. he's here, there, now there, one camera, two, now there...now one camera...hanging upside down from the judging stand... ...he got the money shots of the weekend and the XDL vid is gonna be nasty...the guy is quality for sure...

thats all for now...i know ill have more later...

Thanks buddy!!! Did Rhonda give you 500 bucks I gave her? It was just a little extra for ya, I thought it would make the judging easier. Winkwink...
Old 10-09-2007, 06:48 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

[quote=D-buck D.F.L;2974259]
Originally Posted by Mikey SBF
Dont be "That Guy"

We already had one guy say the same thing at the begining of the weekend, Shane C, hell, I cant even remember his last name (ya know so many people to favor I cant keep it straight), he qualified 6th and was a unknown rider.

ummm i deff wouldnt call him an unknown rider, im an unknown rider.. not hattin on the rookie at all i like his riding and hes my boy, but hes deff not unknown
not taking anything from him by saying that, hes a good rider and all, but youre reletively unknown if your name dont reach the west
Old 10-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

[QUOTE=Mikey SBF;2974406]
Originally Posted by D-buck D.F.L

not taking anything from him by saying that, hes a good rider and all, but youre reletively unknown if your name dont reach the west
well hell, that would make me an unknown rider!!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:59 PM

D-buck D.F.L is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=Mikey SBF;2974406]

i dont agree with that at all.. and im just saying, rookie knows some peeps and peeps know him, t-neck i kno who you are thats all that matters
Old 10-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

[QUOTE=D-buck D.F.L;2974425]

i dont agree with that at all.. and im just saying, rookie knows some peeps and peeps know him, t-neck i kno who you are thats all that matters
thanks bud.

Rookie really was relatively unknown to all until clutch control. I have a feeling your going to be seeing his name alot more for this point on. good kid, good rider.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

[quote=T-NECK;2974419]

well hell, that would make me an unknown rider!!

youre known buddy, youre known
Old 10-09-2007, 07:09 PM

D-buck D.F.L is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=T-NECK;2974428]

thanks bud.

Rookie really was relatively unknown to all until clutch control. I have a feeling your going to be seeing his name alot more for this point on. good kid, good rider.
HEY I CAME IN SECOND AT CLUTCH CONTROLL HAHAHA BITCH
Old 10-09-2007, 07:17 PM

Alex Flores is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish I could have been there to take some cash Good Job XDL :YEAH :YEAH
Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

For everyone confused on the Judging Criteria here it is.

http://www.xdlshow.com/judging.html

So go make a run with all that or watch the top XDL riders runs. Just watching them tells you what is needed in yours.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:30 PM

Nascency_Rhonda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
Thanks buddy!!! Did Rhonda give you 500 bucks I gave her? It was just a little extra for ya, I thought it would make the judging easier. Winkwink...

Geez Ryan, way to rat me out....I thought that $500 was for me....ya know, for that thing....
Old 10-09-2007, 08:30 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FiSh
For everyone confused on the Judging Criteria here it is.

http://www.xdlshow.com/judging.html

So go make a run with all that or watch the top XDL riders runs. Just watching them tells you what is needed in yours.
IM STUDYING RIGHT NOW
Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FiSh
The judging is fine, riders need to learn to make runs for the XDL rules.

Do that and see what happens!
it would be nice if we where told scores right after a riders run ....That way peeps could start getting an idea of how your looking @ the riders .... & how their being scored ...... if every other performance based sport can do it we can !!! that was the only thing i was disappointed about
Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 PM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

Originally Posted by BLADE919.B-MORE
it would be nice if we where told scores right after a riders run ....That way peeps could start getting an idea of how your looking @ the riders .... & how their being scored ...... if every other performance based sport can do it we can !!! that was the only thing i was disappointed about

that's actually a really good idea.... i know teach mentioned something about having a hot seat, so i'm sure that was the idea behind it... it also eliminates questionability.....

xdl is setting the standard and i'm sure it'll make whatever changes they feel necessary.... everyone working together is a good thing
Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 PM

JohnForLife will become famous soon enoughJohnForLife will become famous soon enough

that would be cool like FMX hot seat x games type ****....i like it
Old 10-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

They did the hot seat at Vegas XDL. The only problem with the hot seat in my eyes is it is hard on the judges because we triple check all of the riders scores, tally up points and so on. Having a hot seat might rush the judges because you gotta have it done before the next rider is out. Virginia XDL we where still judging the previous rider as the next rider was having his interviews to make sure everything was correct.

Quick Reply: XDL East coast eliminator.....