Rollin endoes & noisy circs!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person
Rollin endoes & noisy circs!

so i put my 07 zx6rr forks on then put pegs throught the front axle, i speciafically made sure the pegs would not pinch the forks closed by making sure the pugs clamped the axle only. my bike seems to have alot of drag and the front wheel doesnt spin all the great.

plus my front end feels stiff, and that it wants to steer itself...any ideas on how to
*free up the front wheel?
*fix the akward steering?...loosen the steering bearing clamp bolt maybe?

***and finally im rocking O's and every so often i start feeling and hearing a* ***intermitent grind....any one else get or know how to fix that?*********

I have a 05 wheel in the rear with home made spacers i hope i did it right, i mean i followed jhony P's info on the mod......jhony p chime in anytime brahdah! :YEAH
Old 10-07-2007, 12:07 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person
Re: Rollin endoes & noisy circs!

your front axle isn't adjusted right..or you have the spacers in backwards or even the wheel could be....make sure the spaers are in the right side , loosen the axle on the slide side tighten the bolt til it snugs up and lock the slide side in place.then continue to tighten the bolt to spec and check your wheels feel.also there could be drag from the brake pads..while adjusting this push the pistons all the way in so the wheel will spin freely..as far as the o's go..hahahaha your on your own
Old 10-07-2007, 02:12 PM

SickF*ck6969 is a decent person

Originally Posted by JASON-
so i put my 07 zx6rr forks on then put pegs throught the front axle, i speciafically made sure the pegs would not pinch the forks closed by making sure the pugs clamped the axle only. my bike seems to have alot of drag and the front wheel doesnt spin all the great.

plus my front end feels stiff, and that it wants to steer itself...any ideas on how to
*free up the front wheel?
*fix the akward steering?...loosen the steering bearing clamp bolt maybe?

***and finally im rocking O's and every so often i start feeling and hearing a* ***intermitent grind....any one else get or know how to fix that?*********

I have a 05 wheel in the rear with home made spacers i hope i did it right, i mean i followed jhony P's info on the mod......jhony p chime in anytime brahdah! :YEAH

off topic...

whats that pic in your avatar...

u doin circles like that....or falling....lol
Old 10-07-2007, 02:18 PM

jess916uc is an unknown quantity at this point

**** good luck with that homie
Old 10-07-2007, 03:07 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

did you pack your bearings?
Old 10-08-2007, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by SickF*ck6969
off topic...

whats that pic in your avatar...

u doin circles like that....or falling....lol
blind side no footed can can circles and now on the 636 i can stall and go both ways....brrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
did you pack your bearings?
yeah i got those racing steering bearings made by all ***** racing, i packed them pretty good, i think i over tightened the clamp that goes below the top triple clamp????

and i know i need to check my spacers, i think im using 03 spacers on my 06 front wheel,

i think the grinding in the rear is from my shock....it sits a lil crooked, i need to loosen and re-install it.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:08 AM

OneWheelRegulator is an unknown quantity at this point

blind side no footed can can circles and now on the 636 i can stall and go both ways....brrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
got some vid of that...I would like to see it, Looks dope fool.:YEAH
Old 10-08-2007, 01:42 AM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i got those racing steering bearings made by all ***** racing, i packed them pretty good, i think i over tightened the clamp that goes below the top triple clamp????
u over tightened it..heres the step
-Tighten the steerring stem nut with 14.5 ft/lb of torque first, and loosen it a fraction of a turn untill it turns lightly.

-Install the lock washer so that claw of lock washer fit the notch of steering stem nut.

-First tighthen the steering stem lock nut by hand till the resistance is felt fully, then tighthen the steering stem nut additional more than 2 notches so that align the notch of stem and stem lock nuts with specific torque.

-Check that there is no play and the steering stem turns smoothly without rattles. if not, the steering stem bearing may be damaged.

-Again back out the steering stem lock nut a fraction of turn untill it turns lightly.

-Turn the stem lock nut lightly clockwise untill it just becomes hard to turn. DO NOT OVER TIGHTHEN, OR THE STEERING WILL BE TOO TIGHT.

-Bend the claw of lock washers to steering stem lock nut notch.
TORQUE - Steering stem nut 14.5 ft/lb

-Install the stem head

-Install the washer, and tightthen the stem head nut with specific torque.

and i know i need to check my spacers, i think im using 03 spacers on my 06 front wheel,
the spacer from 03/04 is #92152A from 05/06 is #92152B but they both have the same L which is 13.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:04 AM

this should be stickied!! great info.

So i know now that i did everything wrong on tightening down the bearings, do you think I destroyed the bearings? or is there are they still savable if i go back in and do the work the right way??

and what does your instructions mean by tighten down to 14.5 ftlb then loosen? do i not set them at exactly 14.5 or do i loosen then retighten?

as for the front wheel spacers you right they are the same, only diff is weight, the newer spacers are like a feather.

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
u over tightened it..heres the step
-Tighten the steerring stem nut with 14.5 ft/lb of torque first, and loosen it a fraction of a turn untill it turns lightly.

-Install the lock washer so that claw of lock washer fit the notch of steering stem nut.

-First tighthen the steering stem lock nut by hand till the resistance is felt fully, then tighthen the steering stem nut additional more than 2 notches so that align the notch of stem and stem lock nuts with specific torque.

-Check that there is no play and the steering stem turns smoothly without rattles. if not, the steering stem bearing may be damaged.

-Again back out the steering stem lock nut a fraction of turn untill it turns lightly.

-Turn the stem lock nut lightly clockwise untill it just becomes hard to turn. DO NOT OVER TIGHTHEN, OR THE STEERING WILL BE TOO TIGHT.

-Bend the claw of lock washers to steering stem lock nut notch.
TORQUE - Steering stem nut 14.5 ft/lb

-Install the stem head

-Install the washer, and tightthen the stem head nut with specific torque.

the spacer from 03/04 is #92152A from 05/06 is #92152B but they both have the same L which is 13.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dolla
got some vid of that...I would like to see it, Looks dope fool.:YEAH
there will be some in my HAI resume vid i send to T-ice somaybe he will sell the clips from HAIBIKESHOP.COM
Old 10-08-2007, 05:18 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think you torque it down to set every thing and then back it off till it turns easy .....

i was scratching my head while i was reading the instructions......lol
Old 10-08-2007, 01:23 PM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

this should be stickied!! great info.

So i know now that i did everything wrong on tightening down the bearings, do you think I destroyed the bearings? or is there are they still savable if i go back in and do the work the right way??

and what does your instructions mean by tighten down to 14.5 ftlb then loosen? do i not set them at exactly 14.5 or do i loosen then retighten?

as for the front wheel spacers you right they are the same, only diff is weight, the newer spacers are like a feather.
im not sure about reuse the bearing.but the instruction is from factory manual it confuse me some time too. u might want to PM wheelist i think he knows how to do it right or OMR hes a wise man so he should know all this

Originally Posted by old man roger
i think you torque it down to set every thing and then back it off till it turns easy .....

i was scratching my head while i was reading the instructions......lol
yeah i was kinda confused while i was typing that too

Last edited by babyJOKER; 10-08-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

ERDMANN is an unknown quantity at this point

subscribing, doing a front end soon,

good info!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:06 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

those directions are just for that type of bearings
Old 10-09-2007, 08:21 AM

OneWheelRegulator is an unknown quantity at this point

there will be some in my HAI resume vid i send to T-ice somaybe he will sell the clips from HAIBIKESHOP.COM
hhhhmmmmmm