ESD Rearsets

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 01:59 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
ESD Rearsets

Does anyone rock these ESD-MFG shorty rearsets? I just got a set for my F4i which I'm picking up tomorrow and I didnt realize just how short they would be. I thought it would at least be the length of my foot but only about 1/2 of my foot sits on the peg. They're 2.5 inches long. I'm only practicing sit downs right now but is this a problem when you start rocking stand ups and your foots half off the brake peg? And what about regular riding - is it a pain to ride with the shorties? Any feedbacks appreciated. Trying to decide if I should return/exchange them (if thats even possible) and pick up some hohey rearsets and stronger pegs. Thanks.

http://www.esd-mfg.com/esd/products/rearsets.php
Old 10-06-2007, 02:21 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ESD Rearsets

keep them man my stock rearset pegs are cut down about the same lenght its cool becauce on a nasty low side they wont hit the ground + those are the pimpest rearsets u can buy just my 2 cents
Old 10-06-2007, 02:50 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

I rock them and love them. Took a couple of sessions to get used to but now I couldn't ride with out them. You will be happy when your bike powerslides or pancakes and the pegs are untouched. I doubt the Ho Hey pegs are stronger either, the ESD pegs are as thick as they are long .
Old 10-06-2007, 02:56 PM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

and u dont have to worry about those shorty peg gonna stab u when u go down..
Old 10-06-2007, 04:36 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

yeah i had em on an f4i and rode it for awhile ..so i didnt like it so then i went to wal mart and bought bmx peg for 7 dollars and bolt it up ..it isnt that hard ..keep that rearsets and yet its one of the best billet out there.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:45 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Scott-
keep them man my stock rearset pegs are cut down about the same lenght its cool becauce on a nasty low side they wont hit the ground + those are the pimpest rearsets u can buy just my 2 cents
Thats exactly why I got them because I've went through 2 sets of rearsets already. Figured the shorty pegs wouldn't break like stock. Thanks homie.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:46 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Joker
I rock them and love them. Took a couple of sessions to get used to but now I couldn't ride with out them. You will be happy when your bike powerslides or pancakes and the pegs are untouched. I doubt the Ho Hey pegs are stronger either, the ESD pegs are as thick as they are long .
I actually have the esd stunt pegs on my gixxer but the shorty's looked like they would help when I pancake the bike which I'm doing a lot now. I'ma keep em and check em out. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:47 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
and u dont have to worry about those shorty peg gonna stab u when u go down..
True - I didnt even think about that. Now I just have to worry about the bar. 12 bar clipped my foot yesterday which ****** hurt.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:49 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Big R 508
yeah i had em on an f4i and rode it for awhile ..so i didnt like it so then i went to wal mart and bought bmx peg for 7 dollars and bolt it up ..it isnt that hard ..keep that rearsets and yet its one of the best billet out there.
How come you didnt like it? I keep hearin that you're a big boy so you probably got some monster feet too. They are pretty beefy lookin. I'm gonna take everyone's advice and keep em - see how I like em. Thanks again.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:00 PM

yea its so true but if you dont ever like it then you can go to plan b keep the rearsets ...go to wal mart and buy bmx peg maybe you want tot ake off 3 inches before you put on use sazwall 2 cut it off thats what i do.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:14 PM
NealFoReal

yea its so true but if you dont ever like it then you can go to plan b keep the rearsets ...go to wal mart and buy bmx peg maybe you want tot ake off 3 inches before you put on use sazwall 2 cut it off thats what i do.
I'll keep that in mind coz you're right - those rearsets are diesel.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:24 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

i hav em on my bike, they are da ****!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:12 PM

Up0n0ne is an unknown quantity at this point

Big R 508 You have a pick?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:52 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
i hav em on my bike, they are da ****!
Yeah I'm actually looking forward to trying em out now w all the positive feedback so far. :YEAH
Old 10-07-2007, 12:26 AM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
those rearsets are diesel.
if he(moorport) make one for 03/04 636 i will buy them in a heart beat :YEAH i got woodcraft on it now which is ok
Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 AM
NealFoReal

I only see the Honda on their site.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
if he(moorport) make one for 03/04 636 i will buy them in a heart beat :YEAH i got woodcraft on it now which is ok
yes , he makes one for an 03/04 636 but not 05/06

I really want one for my bike , I HATE my sato racing billets and it cost 500 bucks
Old 10-07-2007, 01:07 AM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

yes , he makes one for an 03/04 636 but not 05/06

I really want one for my bike , I HATE my sato racing billets and it cost 500 bucks
+1 ON MAKING THEM FOR THE 05/06, I WANT SOME
Old 10-07-2007, 01:10 AM

haha never mind wrong thread !!!