GP tech clutch cap and hb

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 PM

03zx6rnewb is an unknown quantity at this point
GP tech clutch cap and hb

anyone else with this setup having problems bleeding their hb? can't seem to get this **** to hold a decent amount of pressure. i bled from every banjo top to bottom, oh and the hb adapter looks like it flexes a little but no fluid comes out not sure if it could be a problem or not.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:22 AM

t0pnotch1 is a decent person
Re: GP tech clutch cap and hb

at first i bled it normally...then that was a bitch and wouldn't happen so i gravity bled it...i made sure there was always fluid inside and didn't mount it onto the bar just yet until it was bled...i kept filling it up as someone opened it up to release air every couple min. took a while but it worked...eventually i bled it the normal way about hour later and everything is fine.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:45 AM

kntmare181 is an unknown quantity at this point

u should look at a better setup
Old 08-17-2008, 02:57 PM

Tucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to behold

dont care for the thing at all
Old 08-17-2008, 03:29 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

What bike are you running? ZX6 or GSXR?

There needs to be a page on this site, not a thread, but a page that shows all HB combos that WORK. (I havent seen it if there is)

I bought the FTI adapter for my F4i and tried 3 different master cylinders, 1st was a Nissen master, made for left handle bar so I assume this was the same as the ZX7R clutch master. That worked for ****, lever was rock hard and I needed 4 fingers to lock up the wheel, next I tried a 954 front master, this worked even worse than the Nissen, then I ordered a GSXR radial off ebay and that was about the same. Finally I got fed up and ordered a HoHey bracket and 4 piston caliper and using that with the GSXR radial and its MONEY! I know how to bleed brakes, with the adapter I tried every possible combo, holding the pedal down, then holding in the hand brake then cracking the valve...etc, I did everything possible to push out any trapped air..... nothing.

Right now my buddy is using the adapter with the Nissen lever on his 04 gsxr 600, we had it bled in about 15 minutes and it works just as good as my HoHey setup. amazing!

At first we just put the whole F4i master on the GSXR because it bolts up, the shaft on the F4i is longer than the GSXR and it cant completely release due to the stop on the pedal/bracket, this causes the caliper to lock up. The F4i master could be used if needed, but that shaft would have to be shortened.

Hope this info helps someone out!