my fucking sick innovations piece of shit subframe cage

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:39 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

HECK is a decent person
my ******* sick innovations piece of **** subframe cage

doesn't fit. the brackets are too narrow and it wont fit over the tabs. I have a brand new 03 f4i and the subframe has absolutely no damage. All I looked forward to was being able to afford a subcage then I waited 2 weeks and got a ******* junk *** piece of ****

now i have to grind the **** out of it to even fit it over the tabs, and I can't get ahold of Ian or get him to return my calls.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:43 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: my ******* sick innovations piece of **** subframe cage

well thats not great news considering mine going get here thursday
Old 10-02-2007, 10:48 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe just use a little force a tight fit is better than a lose fitting product. not try to **** u off bro because i dont know yet just offering some suggestions. post some pics of u hold the sub cage right up to the mounting tabs so we can get a better idea of what your dealin with please i really want to see
Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

I just got one for my 636, and I love it. Did you try calling him during business hours?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:55 PM

HECK is a decent person

its at least a 1/2 inch off i can't get pictures i don't have a digital camera. i can't force it i had my roomate help me, i even tried hitting the tabs with a rubber mallet but im not gonna weaken my subframe trying to get this **** on.

i mean come on, all the other products are great and fit awesome but i paid what a regular cage costs for less material and some bmx pegs and it ******* sucks when i have to wait 2 weeks and winter is approaching any day and it comes in with bad measurements

Last edited by HECK; 10-02-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:00 PM

HECK is a decent person

Originally Posted by Compton82
I just got one for my 636, and I love it. Did you try calling him during business hours?
the design is great, but look at the bike on his site with the prototype cage on it, that bikes tabs are bent as **** thats probably why mine doesn't fit.

http://www.sickinnovations.com/stunt_pegs_solid.htm
Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

uh i dont see any tabs bent ....hey everyone isnt perfect sometimes they made a mistake for a good reason so i m sure ian is more happy to take care of ya to return it and send you another one. and yet i had alot of patience with ian for almost 4 weeks on my round bar and cage so i busted my stator last night ..imma not gunna run and cry to ian....my point is that all you can do talk with him on phone and explain what is the mistake is.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well that sucks......maybe they sent the wrong cage by mistake , make sure the mounting holes are right and if they are then bend the subcage not your subframe ...

you don't want to flex your subframe but the cage is steel so you can bend that
Old 10-02-2007, 11:13 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

mine was ruff as **** to get on to....i had to start on the ends of one tab,then pulled like a mother, and got it on the other sides 1 tab...then with a hammer i hit each side back and forth till it went over both tabs.....
Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 PM

HECK is a decent person

Originally Posted by Big R 508
uh i dont see any tabs bent ....hey everyone isnt perfect sometimes they made a mistake for a good reason so i m sure ian is more happy to take care of ya to return it and send you another one. and yet i had alot of patience with ian for almost 4 weeks on my round bar and cage so i busted my stator last night ..imma not gunna run and cry to ian....my point is that all you can do talk with him on phone and explain what is the mistake is.
Those tabs are definitely bent, stock F4i tabs face outward not inward.

Waiting 4 weeks to get a round bar and cage is different than waiting and getting a product that doesn't even mount, and leaves you with the product you paid for and nothing to show for it.

If you can get him to answer his phone fine, but I have to work 60 hours a week I don't have time to be calling him every 10 minutes hoping he'll finally answer
Old 10-02-2007, 11:17 PM

HECK is a decent person

Originally Posted by havok
mine was ruff as **** to get on to....i had to start on the ends of one tab,then pulled like a mother, and got it on the other sides 1 tab...then with a hammer i hit each side back and forth till it went over both tabs.....

that means he has a bad jig
Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

better get yourself a shitload of zipties and a piece of ribar and make your own. rofl

-mexican mayhem
Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 PM

HECK is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
well that sucks......maybe they sent the wrong cage by mistake , make sure the mounting holes are right and if they are then bend the subcage not your subframe ...

you don't want to flex your subframe but the cage is steel so you can bend that

no way, the way it's reinforced there ain't no way i could bend that ****, it barely has enough room to go over the tabs = no leverage to bend
Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by nsanedirty6
doesn't fit. the brackets are too narrow and it wont fit over the tabs. I have a brand new 03 f4i and the subframe has absolutely no damage. All I looked forward to was being able to afford a subcage then I waited 2 weeks and got a ******* junk *** piece of ****

now i have to grind the **** out of it to even fit it over the tabs, and I can't get ahold of Ian or get him to return my calls.
use a floor jack to open up the cage a little bit
Old 10-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

If its off by that much, I would just wait until tomorrow and call him.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:25 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yeah might be tough to bend that, even with a jack
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Compton82
If its off by that much, I would just wait until tomorrow and call him.
might be the best thing to do just don't flex your subframe to get it on ...

a snug fit is fine but if you have to bend your subframe then just send it back and get another one
Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 PM

HECK is a decent person

it's gonna snow this weekend so i really dont want to wait for another one, i'm gonna buy a dremel tomorrow and shave off as little as possible slowly on each tab til it'll slide on, i hate doing modifications to get parts to fit on a mint bike
Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Should have bought an omr
Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 PM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

mine fit fine on my f4i ... call him he will make it right, customer service is important to him

Quick Reply: my fucking sick innovations piece of shit subframe cage