tie down your tool-kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
tie down your tool-kit

i have screws, screw drivers, zip-ties, wrenches....and the other popular tools in my tool bag which i keep in my tail.

i added a small psi gauge into the bag yesterday, and it didn't close properly, i thought it'd be fine.

so we went around killin the streets, when we got to a red light, my buddy said i u dropped a wrench, but then he said u prolly ran over it...and i thought that there was no way it was my wrench.

anyway, 30 minutes later, we pull up to a gas station, i take off the passenger seat to get some zip-ties, and watta you know, the bag is open...

...all that was left were 3 alan tools (out of a whole set), and my electrical tape. ...out of a FULL bag of tools.

...so ya, keep that ship strapped down.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:25 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: tie down your tool-kit

that sucks........
Old 09-26-2007, 05:50 AM

ya...BIG TIME!

....or (just thought of this)...if you don't can't strap it to anything, put a single zip-tie, around it to keep it from opening. there is no way that big-o bag is getting out.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:08 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

dont keep important stuff under the seat
Old 09-26-2007, 08:28 AM

Ryan R is a decent person

on an '01 gsxr1000, one of the alan wrenches came out from the bag that was loose and arched the battery to the frame, killed the bike instantly. took me awhile to figure out what happened, but you could see the burn marks from it.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 AM

samurai87 is a decent person

i seen this kid tryin to power wheelie on a ride one time and his WHOLE tail section jus came off...**** was flying everywhere lol ...i had to laugh for a bit lol
Old 09-26-2007, 08:53 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

i think more importantly..... close the tool bag back properly lol
Old 09-26-2007, 12:17 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Dont keep your sunglasses back there either. Left a new pair of utopia's in there figuring it was safe in its little baggy. NOPE, it wiggled its way out and got scratched up.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kelm
Man you wanna know something stupid.... I had a keychain full of stuff and I put it back in my trunk and went to wheelie.... everything fell out. I only secured the back end of the trunk, not the front and i guess sometime during the wheelie it fell out. Lost the keys to my car, my apartment, mailbox, parents house, friends house, etc everything.
me too, that **** sucked. had to wait a couple weeks to get my post office key...****** postal workers are slow
Old 09-26-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Dont keep your sunglasses back there either. Left a new pair of utopia's in there figuring it was safe in its little baggy. NOPE, it wiggled its way out and got scratched up.

+1

bin there, done that. they got scratched so bad i couldn't see thru em.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kelm
Man you wanna know something stupid.... I had a keychain full of stuff and I put it back in my trunk and went to wheelie.... everything fell out. I only secured the back end of the trunk, not the front and i guess sometime during the wheelie it fell out. Lost the keys to my car, my apartment, mailbox, parents house, friends house, etc everything.
u think thats stupid?

i keep my insurance, license, 5 credit cards, money...etc..etc. in my wallet.

i went up to a canyon ride awhile back, wearing shorts, kept my left back wallet.

after like an hour of twisties, started heading home, and "OH ****, it's gone"....so we go back tryin to find it...and my bike not having gauges runs out of gas ....this was like 100 feet before we got to the 1st canyon we took.

anyway, i was gonna take my buddies bike to look for my ****, when this bicycle-er rolls up and says, "did you lose something?" ...he said he saw it spread all over the floor and had picked it up....he had all my ****:YEAH