new to stunting and the site.......gear?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 PM

2wheels is a decent person
new to stunting and the site.......gear?

wus up guys? i've been riding for years and have done a little racing, tons and tons of trackdays and love riding at Deals Gap. recently i've been thinking about stunting. i'd love to learn controlled 30-40mph whoolies:YEAH . but what i've noticed is that where i come from everybody wears gear and it seems every video i watch in the stunt world, people only wear helmets. so is it considered "ghey" to wear jackets and gloves? i guess its up to each person what he/she does but it just look weird to see everybody rock'n the tee shirts
Old 09-25-2007, 10:29 PM

budd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the rough
Re: new to stunting and the site.......gear?

wear gloves, not being able to wipe your own *** isnt fun
Old 09-26-2007, 12:55 AM

bdc_Marky is a decent person

plenty of riders rock jackets, knee pads, elbow pads, spine protectors, gloves, **** like that. a lot of guys dont even go faster than 20 mph in a lot so dont need to throw on a lot of gear. depends on how fast you go and how good you are
Old 09-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

i hate to say this but it kind of goes with how talented you are. for example when I practice in the lots I wear jeans sometimes knee pads, mesh armor jacket gloves n helmet. cus im always trying n learnign new tricks so im bound to fall. but when I rock my quad, not to soudn cocky, but its easy and chances of me crashing are rare so most the time I only rock gloves
Old 09-26-2007, 01:27 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

if your new to stunting wear full gear, your going to fall guarenteed
Old 09-26-2007, 01:36 AM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
i hate to say this but it kind of goes with how talented you are. for example when I practice in the lots I wear jeans sometimes knee pads, mesh armor jacket gloves n helmet. cus im always trying n learnign new tricks so im bound to fall. but when I rock my quad, not to soudn cocky, but its easy and chances of me crashing are rare so most the time I only rock gloves
thats the way it is and it gets hot as hell in the lot when you arent haulin ***.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:00 AM

gix*4L is a decent person

whats up buddy all right heres the deal most people in the stunt world wear ts and lose jeans because it easer to do spreaders acros ect around my hood most people who even wear jackets are called posers but but its better to rune a jac than your skin so what ever you feel safe in wear o and those icon armor vests are in so any way have a nice day and keep it on one wheel
Old 09-26-2007, 02:13 AM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
i hate to say this but it kind of goes with how talented you are.
+1

Im no expert by anymeans... But I used to rock a leather jacket 100% of the time. But with stunting, I find you overheat SOOOOOOO fast with a jacket on. Now I only rock a hoody with some armor underneath it.

But if Im just out to have fun doing stuff that I have on lock, I will just wear gloves and a helmet. Always gloves for me, I dont wanna mess up my hands. lol.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:53 AM

ReSpECT is a decent person

GEAR.........I'd rather look like a puzzy, then bleed like one".....=-)
Old 09-26-2007, 06:28 AM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person

the better you are the less likely you are to wreck so the less gear you have but having said that even the pro's get it wrong sometimes
Old 09-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Tell your mom thanks

Harbourone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gix*4L
whats up buddy all right heres the deal most people in the stunt world wear ts and lose jeans because it easer to do spreaders acros ect around my hood most people who even wear jackets are called posers but but its better to rune a jac than your skin so what ever you feel safe in wear o and those icon armor vests are in so any way have a nice day and keep it on one wheel
Lol, the hood in Mass? You guys got hydraulics on your tractors or what? Posers are ******** that rag on guys with gear. Your "hood" sounds like its full of fashion riders.

If your starting to stunt, look into a good jacket (which you should have from a deals gap run) nice gloves and a lid. You shouldn't be going fast enough to rash you legs in a lot, but shinguards help once you start climbing around the bike.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:10 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 2wheels
wus up guys? i've been riding for years and have done a little racing, tons and tons of trackdays and love riding at Deals Gap. recently i've been thinking about stunting. i'd love to learn controlled 30-40mph whoolies:YEAH . but what i've noticed is that where i come from everybody wears gear and it seems every video i watch in the stunt world, people only wear helmets. so is it considered "ghey" to wear jackets and gloves? i guess its up to each person what he/she does but it just look weird to see everybody rock'n the tee shirts
it shouldnt matter if people think its gay. if u want to wear gear then wear it. its personal preference. when im rocking the lot in 90+ degree indiana humidity i dont want leather on. id rather have rash than heat stroke. and once ur good u dont spent much time on the ground anyways.

where r u from in indiana?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

most people wear gloves too ... alomg with a back protector .... **** happens, nothing wrong with wearing gear
Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 AM

2wheels is a decent person

looks like alot of mixed replies. i just can't wait to get me a 636 of F4I and start learning. i guess it's gunna be winter before i can get another bike so i guess gear won't be a question for a while, i'll have to pile on the clothes just to stay warm in our shitty cold weather. for now i guess i'll keep reading and watching vids. holla

this is what i'm used to........lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	deals.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	200424  

Last edited by 2wheels; 09-26-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 AM

FallenWYN is an unknown quantity at this point

I am of the opinion that leather suits dont match the stunt which is such a street extreem sport. I wore a leather suit when I was racing, since I started to join the world of stunt and abandoned the race stuff for a while, I sold my leather suit and bought a leather jacket haha.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:31 PM

BrianMM717 is a decent person

http://www.joerocket.com/productJR.cfm?products_id=189 it's what wear..........pretty comf all around awesome protection for a jacket..........gloves pants helmet def.......more gear.......more protection,.........**** what people think on whta u wear.......they ain't gunna suffer when u dump and loose skin,dreading to take a shower,wakin up w/ the sheets stuck to ya
Old 09-27-2007, 12:36 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, leather suits are HARD to stunt in....leather jackets aren't.