Opening A Stunt Park

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM

lwc_ozzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Opening A Stunt Park

I'm in the process of opening a stunt park and I don't believe anyone in the country has done this yet so in order for the bank to even look at my business plan I've got to try to get some projected numbers...I would much appreciate it if everyone would answer the following questions to help me out.....

1. How far would you drive for a closed course stunt park?

2. How often would you make the trip?

3. How much would you spend to not have to worry about cops and practice all day with no worries?

4. How long have you been stuntin? (trying to show its here to stay)

Heres my thoughts on the whole deal...$99 one time membership fee then $50 dollars a month unlimited riding time...or 1 day passes $20 I'll have stunt parts and accessories for sale as well...in the one time fee that would include updates on any events, 10% discount in the shop and a park t-shirt. I would like to think that this would go over well and draw from far away...in the initial grand opening I would like to have a large stunt comp. with some of the big names in stunting attending. let me know what you think and any feedback/ideas would be great...also if anyone knows of anywhere like this....I don't think there is but there might be...With any luck this will be up and running by next summer.:YEAH
Old 09-25-2007, 05:55 PM

Re: Opening A Stunt Park

Also I need to know how old everyone is to show the target ages for this operation.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:55 PM

KAZ954 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know if you will get $20 a day out of broke stunters
Old 09-25-2007, 06:00 PM

Yamaha-stunter is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd have to agree^^^, but it's an awesome idea and I think someone else here was thinking of doing the same thing, but this was a while ago.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:01 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

I dont want to stop you from doing what you think is a good business, but it is going to be VERY hard to make it work. Im not going to drive very far, and definately not going to pay much for a spot to ride. There are tons of spots to ride at in every city that are free, and cops generally will leave you alone

I think there is a spot like this open though. They have like motocross or something and then let stunters ride in the lot for a fee
Old 09-25-2007, 06:06 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Man, those prices are STEEP.

I think that some people would pay for this... but not that much.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:18 PM

thats what i'm trying to figure out...what do you think is fair to pay? I want to have it be a cool, fun place to be, bands on the weekends, just somewhere to hang out and have a good time with no worries...where i'm at cops don't let you ride anywhere thats why i'm trying to do this...theres one strip club that lets us ride there, but its a shitty lot.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:25 PM

D-WRECK is a decent person

$10 A DAY ALL DAY SIGN WAIVERS

but i wouldnt personaly travel far to a place like this.

due to im a squid still.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

I have looked into doing this about a year ago and
something your probably not thinking about is

1. your overhead ( in parts )
2. Payment on a building ( big enough to hold a good amount of Riders)
3. electricity
4. Rent payment or mortgage payment
5. Property taxes
6. and still make money to keep it open

you were talking about gettin bands n ****.. thats $$$ there.

Not to wreck your hopes and dreams on this.but Its a good
Idea and I still want to do it here in MN.

Good luck.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:38 PM

KAZ954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Missouri has a long shitty winter...unless you had a huge enclosed spot to ride there would be a lot of time when no money was coming in. And im sure its gonna take quite a bit of money to do this.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:39 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

dont want to talk you out of it, but seriously, I have seen about 3 or 4 guys that have already wanted to do this and from what I've seen, they usually back out...but it would be awesome if you went through with it
Old 09-25-2007, 06:55 PM

this is why i'm asking all this stuff, luckly on the building through winter, i'm working on the spot and I know the owner, this is a big tourist area and most everything shuts down during the winter...so I'd pry do the same...as far as overhead, I'm currently a parts manager and would do most of that myself. My wife is a business and accounting major and would be able to do all the money side of things as well as marketing and advertising online...I would like to be able to have stunt shows every weekend in the summer for the tourists to cover some costs. I know alot of this is probably a pipe dream and will fall flat on its face, but if it works I think it could be huge....a indoor park would be even better which is an idea....big pole barn lots of vent fans....could work. may actually be cheaper than what I'm looking at now...thanks.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:59 PM

bdc_Marky is a decent person

all it would take is one squid to hurt another rider for everyone to stop going. there should be like different "lots" for different skill levels, like ski resorts have black diamonds and all that crap
Old 09-25-2007, 07:00 PM

thats a good idea too.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

I think riders would not want to practice with a bunch of people in 1 area.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:15 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

If it's what you want to do, find a way to make it work. Don't let other people talk you out of it.

Are there a lot of stunters in Mo? Did that fucked up law pass out there about stunting?

Seems like you would need to live in an area with a lot of people/stunters and a long riding season would help it work. A bad legal atmosphere may help you too.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:26 PM
White Stunts

ImWhite is an unknown quantity at this point

good idea, but like others said there are alot of free places to ride, in my case id rather pay 10 bucks for a day then 580 for some cop being an ******* even though were in a abandoned lot
yea they do it here
Old 09-25-2007, 07:30 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

u need to open 1 in arizona or in new mexico.... better weather all year around and make sure every1 has their endorsment.... and other stuff.... have a stunt school also within... and a drag strip for the beginners and a lot for the advanced..... but before they can ride the new guys have to show u they can do what they say cause u dont want a squid riding a fast wheelie in the lot with the advanced

Last edited by Juar3z; 09-25-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

I live about 15 miles takes about twenty minutes from my "FREE" "TOTALLY LEGIT" spot and i dont even like driving that far I dunno dude but if i had money to invest in something i would weigh my options and invest in something else but what do i know
Old 09-25-2007, 07:33 PM

savage lin is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm there let me know when it opens, but the price is steep when you could ride for free. good idea though that would be the **** i'm be ther once a month **** cali is my neighbors.

Quick Reply: Opening A Stunt Park