Opening A Stunt Park

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold
Re: Opening A Stunt Park

yo we have this in ct
and we all ride at other spots !!!!
do your self a favor and if you want to invest in the stunt industry......
invest in zip ties
Old 09-25-2007, 07:39 PM

FURBY929 is a decent person

Pretty much the oneand only thing holding you back would be INSURANCE!! can u imagine tryin to isure a STUNT PARK.. it has to be huge. not to mention everyone isnt pro so ppl wud be crashin into eachother.. i dunno just sumthin to think about
Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 PM

lwc_ozzie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll just keep listening to everyones ideas and see what happens I just think it would take alot of advertising and marketing to make it work...I think the people that would be there would be more the serious about the sport people that want off the streets and lots, I think if more people tried to get organized about the sport that it could blow up its already starting...the different lots for different skills is definetly a great idea... keep up with the input and I'll keep everyone updated on whats going on...
Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

o yea and you all forgot about insurance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mototown pays about 150,000 a year
and the still have two class action lawsuits against them

again invest in vip ties

or by into one of the cage manufactures ...... all they need is the right marketing to become HUGE

now everyone rocks a cage (that knows about 1) on the streets
Old 09-25-2007, 07:49 PM
squid hunter

Originally Posted by lwc_ozzie
I'll just keep listening to everyones ideas and see what happens I just think it would take alot of advertising and marketing to make it work...I think the people that would be there would be more the serious about the sport people that want off the streets and lots, I think if more people tried to get organized about the sport that it could blow up its already starting...the different lots for different skills is definetly a great idea... keep up with the input and I'll keep everyone updated on whats going on...
yo
Dan herz rode at the one we set up
and so did Matt parsons and Gregg mcglynn (Adrenalin crew)
and they ride in there own spots...
BECAUSE you have control of your spot... you and YOUR friends are there to hold it down when squids come in

and your friends are used to your ridding style and know when you are doing what

the problem you are going to have is that then general public HATES motorcycles especial street bikes and the minute you open there will be noise complaints, complaints of people getting hurt, people saying you are encouraging wheelies on the street

you are going to run in to so many problems you don't even know
trust me i have already done this !!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:51 PM

Timmy P is a decent person

I would travel about 15 miles to pay mabe 10 dollars.. not sure about the 100 bucks for the pass but if its a cool enough place to chill and hang out mabe.. and bands and **** will bring in money. and you dont have to pay bands ****.. 60 a night is good. they just wanna jam and get there name out there.. and being at something cool like that where everyones on motorcycles and **** that would be a blast! well thinkin about the year pass.. thats a good Idea to make money.. squids come out loop there bikes first time out and cant even ride for a while. while you already got the cash.. nice! If you build it. they will come
Old 09-25-2007, 08:42 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

http://www.google.com/custom?cx=0073...65705201157582
Old 09-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Yamaha-stunter
I'd have to agree^^^, but it's an awesome idea and I think someone else here was thinking of doing the same thing, but this was a while ago.

Several years ago a few of us were gonna do it but we were met with opposition at every corner! The thing is that even with "release forms" you can still be held liable for someone elses mess ups. We had the exact same idea like an annual pass but the thing is that you would never get your ROI (return on investment) out of the few stunters who live in your area. A stunt park is a great idea but even if 100 people (thats being kind) pay $100 / year its only $10,000 / year. You still have to consider The mortgage on the land, The repayment of the loan for the "set-up cost", maintenance, property taxes, expenses (lights water etc), INSURANCE (that bill alone would kill!!), and paying the people who maintain your property etc. This on a $10,000/yr budget?! This is why we dropped the idea as soon as an investor friend of ours brought this to our attention. Good luck man but the only way I see it happening without going broke is if you already own the property outright and have family in the construction / paving business.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:17 PM

EvanfromNW is a decent person

get sponsors to help cover costs. or better yet get darius to pay for everything
Old 09-25-2007, 10:00 PM

rippedbx is a decent person

Me?... I wouldn't pay more than $12 and wouldn't pay monthly, but I'd be down to travel up to forty minutes. I'll bet you could add a little skate park on the side and make money from that too. Or better yet,... my dream is to have an effin foam pit for FMX!:YEAH I'd pay big money for that!...
Old 09-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

$10 id go...

keep the squids regulated in a different area.... and have some one that can flag em down when there endanering themselfs and others.

we been thinknig about this for awile since we live in ohio... and only get a few good months per year to practice... so having somewhere legal and indoors with proper ventilation would be gangster...

have some basic stunt accories.. 4 sale... and salvage yard take off parts and machanic there would all helpbring in extra money.

good luck.

build it and they will come.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

great idea i think 10 dollars a day would'nt be out of line. one more thing i think it would be in your best interest to have only people that can ride bp idle **** allowed to ride kinda of screen the riders it sounds shitty. reson is if you got guys there do some mean fast out of control power wheelies it could get real dangerous.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:11 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manubi
$10 id go...

keep the squids regulated in a different area.... and have some one that can flag em down when there endanering themselfs and others.

we been thinknig about this for awile since we live in ohio... and only get a few good months per year to practice... so having somewhere legal and indoors with proper ventilation would be gangster...

have some basic stunt accories.. 4 sale... and salvage yard take off parts and machanic there would all helpbring in extra money.

good luck.

build it and they will come.
**** i didnt read your post a seperate area for squids would be ok let them crash into each other
Old 09-25-2007, 10:22 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott-
**** i didnt read your post a seperate area for squids would be ok let them crash into each other

yea i'd pay admission just to watch that.

another idea....

you should charge like 5 or 7 dollars to come watch. bleachers and ****. prolly make more money from ppl coming to watch riders practice.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by lwc_ozzie
pm sv650pimp, he has all the numbers and figures and what not. he said he is building one.

maybe search for the thread he made about it a few weeks back.

i'm still waiting on the outcome of that, it's gonna be like 15 minutes from me :YEAH
Old 09-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL

ahh, there you go dig around in there.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:27 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

$10 would be fair for a day pass....local people might pay a year membership, but not sure how many stunters are around there. Off Sunset Beach my fiance's uncle has a HUGE house and several boats when we go down there, but I always leave my stunt bike at home cause there never seems to be anyone riding around there. If you get it open, count me in for at least a 10 times a year or so comin from the KC area, and I wouldn't be trailering all the way down KC with less than 3 other people with me!

Do it up! if you can get it done, wish ya the best, but I would venture to say you would be better off having a stunt lot available behind the building, but having the main income coming from billiards, pool, arcades, a roller rink or somin like that where the majority of people can go and play around when they are done watching stunt riders.......or even a place where stunt riders can lock their **** in their trucks/trailers and go take a break, play some arcade games, shoot some pool, get some cheap pizza....that might actually make enough money to support the business....but may not make you alot of money! And every stunt comp, if scheduled to not interfere with other comps, and with high enough payouts, has the potential to bring in either negative money after payouts, or HUGE money if it takes off. All bout gambling.....roll the dice!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:39 AM

shky4 will become famous soon enough

something else to think about is Ambulances and such. Tracks and Drag strips all require them at every event. I don't really know what or if there are laws and requirements in your area (or maybe required by the insurance companies), but you definitely need to check and see if you would be required to have them on site.

Lots of obstacles to overcome, but all and all I think it would be a good thing if you could pull it off.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:34 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

An indoor park would take an inspector to ok the venilation for all the gases, smoke ect...the fire code for indoor stuff is crazy.....the only places for this to work is FL and southern CA and mabee,south TX and AZ! Every where else gets too much snow and the winters are too long...This would have to be a year rou8nd business and several people already thought of it, and nothing to this point other than a place in CT.....but i'm not entirely sure!!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:42 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

good idea in theory but i think you could come up with an easier way to make money

Quick Reply: Opening A Stunt Park