Jason Britton's show

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 PM

budd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jason Britton's show

just curious why won't they cover xdl in october? or even stuntoberfest, or stuntwars any idea, is it just that he does want the whole pie for himself ?? has anyone been made offers from the show to be on it besides the select few mentioned??
Old 09-25-2007, 11:46 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

i just blurted out a great idea, and opporitunity... and no one bites... people just continued to bitch.

see exactly what i am saying... fuckkers are more caught up in this same **** on who is "OG", and who is "LAYING FOUNDATIONS" etc. etc.... you ***** are all too caught up on yourselves. blowing smoke up eachothers asses.

how about i run it by you guys again slowly.

THOMAS... everyone respects you, and would put in a good word for you. you have a portfolio of some sorts right??? you have all the info on things you have helped set up, and stepping stones, etc. that you have had a hand in this world.

YOU

CAN

BE

A

CONSULTANT!!!!

your job wouldnt be to be in front of the camera. it would be to put what is presentable to the stunters in front of the camera. yet, another way you could be helping out the community... yet again.

and to everyone who thinks being a "OG" is worth **** in the game...... LMAO @ your ****** ego's.

thomas... you might know about Rj DeVera, but if not google him. he gets paid to tell people how to modify cars, and how the lifestyles should go on screen for movies, tv shows, etc.... all from comming up in the scene from streetracing, and doing carshows. kindof a jack ***, but he is a front runner of the import industry, a mougle now... shoes, clothing, parts, rims etc.

thomas i suggest you try to do something of the sort... you have a magazine etc. that you have a hand in, events, and sanctioning bodies for stunters. so how about you try to keep the image on the television up to par as well.

just a thought.

but ****... i'm a nobody, and i could really care less about the image that is potrayed... it is good tv to me. ...and that is exactly what the people on the top of the totum pole think at speed... they just wanna air good tv. end of story.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:50 AM

mb32 will become famous soon enoughmb32 will become famous soon enough

the show is awesome. love how they cover every aspect of the bike community. speed channel is the best channel out there as far as im concerned. dont like the nascar, but i guess nothing is perfect. if you dont have speed channel then get it now.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

Hey I just saw speeds show redline for the first time and they featured XDL . Thats a dam good start cus I didnt know about XDL until I saw it now. Ive heard it mentioned on the forum before but didnt know what they were talkin about. Now if only superbikes featured that!!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:00 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
i have said this for years and i'll say it again. the actual future of our sport is NOT shows and demos...it is COMPETITION. no one is getting anything more than they are getting for doing more shows, tv isnt knocking, nor are the mags...competition is what drives sport by definition pretty much.
BINGO DING DING DING DING (off show topic and on the evolution of the sport lol)

****** A right. Im so tired of people getting all this and all that but yet havent proven **** at comps. In order for this to be considered a sport competition is a must. If you want to be considered one of the top riders in the nation go out and prove it. Im tired of looking at sites and seeing certain riders sponsored cause they spit a good game. So whack. The riders that are out there pushing the limits and proving themselves at competitions are the ones that deserve the publicity. The reason just like teach said is the companies know no better. Its our job to educate them. Its our job to make sure that riders that fake the funk get pushed out. Nothing chaps my *** more than seeing riders leaching off the sport. One day this will all change and that day is coming soon.

However that doesnt mean that doing shows and demos doesnt contribute to the building of the sport. I think that the more we are in the public eye the better chance we have of suceeding. Like Superbikes for example. Thats a show that is on constantly whether it be new episodes or re-reruns. Thats thousands of new people that get introduced to stunt riding every week which helps build a strong following for the sport. I just think that the more the sport develops the more competition will matter. And I think that with professionally run competitions such as XDL this will happen soon.

Last edited by E-DUB OM; 09-26-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:09 AM

gix*4L is a decent person

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
BINGO DING DING DING DING (off show topic and on the evolution of the sport lol)

****** A right. Im so tired of people getting all this and all that but yet havent proven **** at comps. In order for this to be considered a sport competition is a must. If you want to be considered one of the top riders in the nation go out and prove it. Im tired of looking at sites and seeing certain riders sponsored cause they spit a good game. So whack. The riders that are out there pushing the limits and proving themselves at competitions are the ones that deserve the publicity. The reason just like teach said is the companies know no better. Its our job to educate them. Its our job to make sure that riders that fake the funk get pushed out. Nothing chaps my *** more than seeing riders leaching off the sport. One day this will all change and that day is coming soon.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:38 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

[QUOTE=and as far as the darius comment.. I could give a **** less what he would do.. I know what I would do... Go to events... meet and hang with riders.. make stars out of all the competitors
[/QUOTE]

^^^^^DSOGTHOMAS'S QUOTE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thomas sees things similar to me but then again i could just be swinging off his sack for a free XDL admission but seriously i agree with your POV.

Jason Britton did a show up here in my hometown for a local bikeshop, i beleive me and my guys deserved that account not him only because of the work we put in locally with shows charity etc! thats besides the point, i agree with alota observations/opinions on this thread.

When i talked to Jason B he was very professional which will get you to the moon and back! i asked him about the future of our sport and competition, he said
"I dont do Comps anymore, they dont treat the riders well and you dont make any money"
i understand that but like a few other folks on here said, competition pushes evolution!

*shows = not a whole lot of respect per say.

*COMPS= fans to pick a few favorite riders to follow and watch how they do and what their up too.

the NFL doesnt do football shows they do SUPERBOWLS, (COMPETITIONS)
the sideshows are the non sport related halftime singers or what ever crowd attention keeping gimmick they can come up with.

I dont want us to be a gimmick i want us to murder superbowls!!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:14 PM

savage lin is an unknown quantity at this point

However that doesnt mean that doing shows and demos doesnt contribute to the building of the sport. I think that the more we are in the public eye the better chance we have of suceeding. Like Superbikes for example. Thats a show that is on constantly whether it be new episodes or re-reruns. Thats thousands of new people that get introduced to stunt riding every week which helps build a strong following for the sport. I just think that the more the sport develops the more competition will matter. And I think that with professionally run competitions such as XDL this will happen soon.
edubs my hero
Old 09-26-2007, 12:15 PM

savage lin is an unknown quantity at this point

yah dog, tell it how it is. desert dwellers for life. :YEAH
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 PM

s_10onbagz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thehate.
NOT directed at anyone!!
the problem with our society today is we all feel someone owes us something! and the truth is no one owes us ****! what we make we get to keep and what others make they get to keep! it's like the ******* bums on the corner that hold the sings asking for money! did you work for my money? did you get up at 6am this morning to go to work? or did you wake up in a ditch passed out drunk from last night? and feel like society owes you a living because your life sucks!....
this makes me want to go out and beat the closest bum i can find. lol. seriously tho, i love superbikes. they show a little of everything except supermoto, but i dont see anything supermoto being on tv anytime soon. i cant believe that people hate on jasons show tho. if you want to see parking lot stunting go on youtube, if you want to see a good tv show turn on speed.

Last edited by s_10onbagz; 09-26-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:59 PM

Nick1000 will become famous soon enoughNick1000 will become famous soon enough

altho its not for me and i proly will Never enter a single competition, that is wats gona make it big.. just like every other sport..... Whoz the best??? ppl wana see whot he BEST is.... and ppl tryn to take his spot.

as for the SuperBikes, good for Jason... hes doing it and we arent lol i got my 3 secondz on one episode and i was happy with that LOL :YEAH
Old 09-26-2007, 01:10 PM

tokyojrock is an unknown quantity at this point

In reply to the Japan Show topic of this thread,

I wonder did anyone even notice I wasn't "invited" to be involved in that show this year nor did I attend....
Actually I didn't like what I was seeing and I stepped.

The previous year I feel was the mark of great things to come when I had Brit, Eric, Ernie, Nick, D, Joe, Teach and Thomas come out....and the following year it was to expanded from that initial concept. I know that show could have been better, I worked with what I was given and even expanded through the monetary input of myself and Akira. The following year when decisions were made without me and I was excluded due to the fact I had left Japan.

So from here on out please don't associate me with that show as it is gone from my hands. I apologize to those of you that helped me tremedously in the previous year of it.

I have alot of other stuff to say but this is not the time or place to say it and I don't air dirty laundry for all to see. So from here I bite my tongue.

And let me tell those of you that doubt Thomas's intentions. I have worked with him first hand and spoke with him when we colaborated for that event. And I tell you his intentions are not for himself but indeed for the betterment of those around him and the people of the sport of Stunt Riding. Hell, he even declined to accept money initially for his involvement in the show as he told me he "Just wanted to be a part of it". But that would and didn't settle with me and I ensured his time was somewhat accomadated with payment from the promoters.
I truely think he is owed a debt of gratitude or at the very least respect for his "real" intentions.

Last edited by tokyojrock; 09-26-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Schooler is a decent person

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
Ive seen 6 episodes and three of them were at shows that jason was riding at one featured pauly and one was the first ever episode where he came up to the bay and rode around stunting the streets with the east bay rats

oh and then there was the infamous atlanta episode.. which was going well until they "hit the streets doin 100 or better"

I heard aaron colton was on an episode but that jason made it sound like aaron rides with no limit.. and aaron is young and wouldnt say **** to jason.. why wont jason feature teach or darius???

why dont they cover any stunt events??

which would you rather see on TV.. Stuntwars or XDL with a ton of great riders.. or a stunt show that jason is doing with his ever revolving list of coattailers?

and jason will be the first to say that he doesnt choose what they cover.. to cover his *** with people like me

well im sure they ask him for suggestions

im not the only one who is tired of it.. a lot of others are too.. not just riders.. im just the only one who will say anything

if you want to help stuntriding then go out and cover real events with real riders that compete

and as far as the darius comment.. I could give a **** less what he would do.. I know what I would do... Go to events... meet and hang with riders.. make stars out of all the competitors

and yes i think the show should cover more than stunts.. and yeah it makes me mad because the shitty way he does **** holds all of us who actually care back

he is just getting it for himself.. always has always will and that show is a classic example of its not what you know its who you know

what do i know.. im a ******* nobody who has never done anything for anyone..

and before you guys ask this question... yes I have emailed jason and asked when the show is going to cover events or feature riders.. no reply

like I said.. plenty of people complain, but nobody will say anything because they dont want to ruin thier chances of getting on the show..

yall wanna break apart super streetbike every chance you get.. because you think its sub par.. well ******* do it with superbikes.. because it is subpar

you settle for nothing you get nothing
I scrooled down and this is the first thing i saw..i didnt ready anything else..but i thought this was funny
"what do i know.. im a ******* nobody who has never done anything for anyone.."
Old 09-26-2007, 01:42 PM

Schooler is a decent person

Originally Posted by savage lin
edubs my hero
I was about to say the same thing..those are some heroic words there mr dub
Old 09-26-2007, 01:46 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
Ive seen 6 episodes and three of them were at shows that jason was riding at one featured pauly and one was the first ever episode where he came up to the bay and rode around stunting the streets with the east bay rats

oh and then there was the infamous atlanta episode.. which was going well until they "hit the streets doin 100 or better"

I heard aaron colton was on an episode but that jason made it sound like aaron rides with no limit.. and aaron is young and wouldnt say **** to jason.. why wont jason feature teach or darius???

why dont they cover any stunt events??

which would you rather see on TV.. Stuntwars or XDL with a ton of great riders.. or a stunt show that jason is doing with his ever revolving list of coattailers?

and jason will be the first to say that he doesnt choose what they cover.. to cover his *** with people like me

well im sure they ask him for suggestions

im not the only one who is tired of it.. a lot of others are too.. not just riders.. im just the only one who will say anything

if you want to help stuntriding then go out and cover real events with real riders that compete

and as far as the darius comment.. I could give a **** less what he would do.. I know what I would do... Go to events... meet and hang with riders.. make stars out of all the competitors

and yes i think the show should cover more than stunts.. and yeah it makes me mad because the shitty way he does **** holds all of us who actually care back

he is just getting it for himself.. always has always will and that show is a classic example of its not what you know its who you know

what do i know.. im a ******* nobody who has never done anything for anyone..

and before you guys ask this question... yes I have emailed jason and asked when the show is going to cover events or feature riders.. no reply

like I said.. plenty of people complain, but nobody will say anything because they dont want to ruin thier chances of getting on the show..

yall wanna break apart super streetbike every chance you get.. because you think its sub par.. well ******* do it with superbikes.. because it is subpar

you settle for nothing you get nothing

I actually called the executive producer of that show at Speed and made several suggestions about that show about a year ago.

There have been issues with editing, etc. They've had a good asortment of stunters on there but the presentation is often dry as burnt toast, and it's possible that, with this sport just emerging, they don't know who to turn to for creative control. I'm sure they want to deal with people they trust and at the same time, who is inside the industry to give creative direction?

Well, so far, they've got Jason. Good thing he's in there or "Superbikes!" would likely be "Supercustomblingbikes!"

Think of the cow everyone would have then.

I'd like to see them bring up their game but I think there are factors working here that aren't taken into account. Product placement by advertisers being cheif, lack of media exposure overall about stunting being a strong secondary factor.

I think it's compelling for them to concentrate their energies on the big money stuff like NASCAR, and throw the smaller stuff out there with smaller budgets and see if they can sustain an audience, or sort of organically turn into a hit.

Thomas is right, if you make suggestions, they might listen. If you just mumble to yourselves about how much it sucks, they'll never even hear you. If you want things to be different try to make a difference.

As for all the other stuff, from an outside standpoint, comps are your sport. It's what makes it a sport and not an exhibit. Endorsements and shows may turn out to be where the bigger money comes from, but your legitimacy as an athlete and your credibility as a good endorsement rep is your competitive presence.

performance
professionalism
personality

It is all coming together, I can see it. It takes time, strong industries don't pop out of the ground fully formed. They are forged by tenacious people who don't give up, and who keep moving and pushing in the right direction.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:47 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by thehate.
NOT directed at anyone!!
the problem with our society today is we all feel someone owes us something! and the truth is no one owes us ****! what we make we get to keep and what others make they get to keep! it's like the ******* bums on the corner that hold the sings asking for money! did you work for my money? did you get up at 6am this morning to go to work? or did you wake up in a ditch passed out drunk from last night? and feel like society owes you a living because your life sucks!....

Another problem with society today is selfishness, and what makes the world go around - money, greed, and careing for no one but yourself. You're right no one really owes anyone anything, but giving back and doing things for others shows your character. " Doing things for others that you profit from doesn't count." I'm not saying give money to bums, definitely not deserving.. lol
Old 09-26-2007, 01:50 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SYTFU_R6
i just blurted out a great idea, and opporitunity... and no one bites... people just continued to bitch.

see exactly what i am saying... fuckkers are more caught up in this same **** on who is "OG", and who is "LAYING FOUNDATIONS" etc. etc.... you ***** are all too caught up on yourselves. blowing smoke up eachothers asses.

how about i run it by you guys again slowly.

THOMAS... everyone respects you, and would put in a good word for you. you have a portfolio of some sorts right??? you have all the info on things you have helped set up, and stepping stones, etc. that you have had a hand in this world.

YOU

CAN

BE

A

CONSULTANT!!!!

your job wouldnt be to be in front of the camera. it would be to put what is presentable to the stunters in front of the camera. yet, another way you could be helping out the community... yet again.

and to everyone who thinks being a "OG" is worth **** in the game...... LMAO @ your ****** ego's.

thomas... you might know about Rj DeVera, but if not google him. he gets paid to tell people how to modify cars, and how the lifestyles should go on screen for movies, tv shows, etc.... all from comming up in the scene from streetracing, and doing carshows. kindof a jack ***, but he is a front runner of the import industry, a mougle now... shoes, clothing, parts, rims etc.

thomas i suggest you try to do something of the sort... you have a magazine etc. that you have a hand in, events, and sanctioning bodies for stunters. so how about you try to keep the image on the television up to par as well.

just a thought.

but ****... i'm a nobody, and i could really care less about the image that is potrayed... it is good tv to me. ...and that is exactly what the people on the top of the totum pole think at speed... they just wanna air good tv. end of story.
That is an excellent idea. I have a contact, the executive producer of Superbikes, if you want his info I can email it to you or PM it, Thomas.

Last edited by excessa; 09-26-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:02 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Hobie
Like complaining is doing anything, anyone can bitch on the internet and write emails, gimme a ******* break

Want to do something, DO IT, don't just bitch on the net.
You couldn't be any more closed minded.. It's not just bitching.. It's giving another perspective for people or the stunt community to form an opinion off of.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:26 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by excessa
That is an excellent idea. I have a contact, the executive producer of Superbikes, if you want his info I can email it to you or PM it, Thomas.
I have it.. and know the ins and outs of the shows production company and people personally.. and yes that is a good idea about the consulting thing

but like I said.. this isnt about me or my desires... its about something that needs to be fixed and has been discussed in the background (with the right people) plenty of times
Old 09-26-2007, 03:01 PM

D-buck D.F.L is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=SYTFU_R6;2956124]the nascar is rediculous... but the touring car, and amls, and ama... etc. is very good. i just wish that nascar would sale the channel back, i miss speedvision days. when it was speedvision they had a TON of **** on there. all racing series, all the time... and a ton of bike ****.

+1, speedvision was the shiznat.. i used 2 tape them wen i was younger haha, allot of motocross was on there, and that host was awsome, i still recognize his voice.. motoworl he did 2

Quick Reply: Jason Britton's show