Jason Britton's show

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:56 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Re: Jason Britton's show

Originally Posted by letsride
I agree that they should cover comps and not just shows but they do feature different riders and go to shows all over, as for Teach and Darius, there better then him. He might be scuuurred
thank you...

the shows that they go to are (for the most part) shows that jason is getting paid to perform at

and its funny how jason breaks ryan tail, but then wont let ryan ride his bike... id let ryan ride my bike anyday

lets name the riders that have been featured on there and how they got on there

pauly- who the **** knows
road rash chic- female episode
colton- didnt see that episode
d-mann- with britton
hoenshell- with britton
tony c- with britton
reality- NYC streetride
atl kids- ATL episode.. warehouse lot at night
ryan lanier- black bike week, ryan was already there

who else?? I mean come on.. is this list the true representation of competitive streetbike stuntriders in the world?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Is Thomas ever happy with anything?
are you happy with that FI cage??

Im not happy with things that I do sometimes.. and I know I try to always do the best I can do with what I have...
Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
thank you...

the shows that they go to are (for the most part) shows that jason is getting paid to perform at

and its funny how jason breaks ryan tail, but then wont let ryan ride his bike... id let ryan ride my bike anyday

d-mann- with britton
hoenshell- with britton
tony c- with britton
reality- NYC streetride

who else?? I mean come on.. is this list the true representation of competitive streetbike stuntriders in the world?
The show is called Superbikes. Not Stuntbikes. There's (purposely) more to the show than just parking lot stunting. Of course, we'll all watch it because it's what we love... but Speed has to think about more than just the fraction of a percentage that stunters make up in the sport bike community. Wether YOU like it or not, there ARE people out there who want to see custom bikes, who want to see Bike Week events, who want to see shows and race type events.

Be glad the sport is getting at least some positive coverage, as opposed to 3 years ago. It's a step in the right direction. Sure, he's the host and of course it follows him around to the shows he does... but I doubt that show gets 1% of the budget that the NASCAR **** gets. Give it time.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:04 PM

snapper1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

it is HIS show they can show him sitting on a bike picking his nose if they want.everyone i have seen shows different riders,states,and usually at the end his shows,and it is not like they show the whole show just pieces
Old 09-25-2007, 03:07 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Originally Posted by EZEC
nascar owns speed....when it was speedvision it was 100 times better for real racing coverage
Truth.

I miss the good old days of WRC, World Superbike, FIM Grand Prix, and Formula 1....

Now it's Wednesday NASCAR Garage and Testing for four hours, followed by the Thursday Craftsman Truck Series, followed by the Friday Busch Series, followed by testing and qualifying for NASCAR, followed by all day Sunday NASCAR, followed by all day Monday NASCAR recap. Oh, Tuesday? ****... I guess we'll throw some bikes in there.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:10 PM

snapper1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you...

d-mann- with britton
hoenshell- with britton
tony c- with britton
reality- NYC streetride

sounds like someone is mad they didnt do a thomas episode
Old 09-25-2007, 03:12 PM

jakesfords is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wetley
i like how everyone always wants to give him their minty bikes and says "hey, go wheelie on my bike !" and then as soon as he gets on the bike, they panic...and just as he starts barely scraping tail they amost pass out
or he smashes the tail of you new show bike
Old 09-25-2007, 03:20 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you...

d-mann- with britton
hoenshell- with britton
tony c- with britton
reality- NYC streetride

I was somewhat pissed when he wouldnt let me ride his bike, I wasnt gonna break it. just a few circles and thats it. I heard about the street ride and we rushed to get the bike ready for the ride. Also he never offered to pay for the new tail section. But I was pleased with the episode overall, I guess. But they did not use a some of my interview. After he broke the tail, I faced the camera and said " thats what happens when you let a TV show host ride your bike! They break it!" Everyone laughed, im sure he had a part in editing.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:26 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

The show is called Superbikes. Not Stuntbikes. There's (purposely) more to the show than just parking lot stunting. Of course, we'll all watch it because it's what we love... but Speed has to think about more than just the fraction of a percentage that stunters make up in the sport bike community. Wether YOU like it or not, there ARE people out there who want to see custom bikes, who want to see Bike Week events, who want to see shows and race type events.

Be glad the sport is getting at least some positive coverage, as opposed to 3 years ago. It's a step in the right direction. Sure, he's the host and of course it follows him around to the shows he does... but I doubt that show gets 1% of the budget that the NASCAR **** gets. Give it time.
I don't think Thomas is upset with the content or time devoted to stunting on the show. He is saying that, who is on it, iin that small portion of time is the problem.

Nobody is questioning the amount of stunt coverage in the show, it is right on par with Super street bike, the mag.

Not as much as we would like, but it is better than nothing.

The problem is who is highlighted in that small portion of time that there is stunting on the show.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:33 PM

investor7523 is a decent person

exactly
Old 09-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

First off nascar owns speed and that is the main reason I dont even watch the channel anymore. I cant ever turn on the TV with out seeing nascar cept on tues. so annoying.

and no its not jason's show its speeds show, its superbikes, jason is the "host" of the show. speed makes the final decision on where he goes and how he does it and after all the filming what they show or edit out. Yes I'm sure he can give his input, for example he should give his input on featuring a better variety of riders and comps...

but in general the show being on there is def a positive step for our sport. for example even at home, I woudlnt tell my parents what I was going to do. but after that show came on then I showed my dad what I can do. hes accepting of it, and I can go "okay see ya later going to the lot for lil while"
Old 09-25-2007, 03:43 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

thank you...

d-mann- with britton
hoenshell- with britton
tony c- with britton
reality- NYC streetride

They had the RSV guys from France and another group which I cant remember the name on the Mccoy sp? R6 nitrous episode
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

NOT directed at anyone!!
the problem with our society today is we all feel someone owes us something! and the truth is no one owes us ****! what we make we get to keep and what others make they get to keep! it's like the ******* bums on the corner that hold the sings asking for money! did you work for my money? did you get up at 6am this morning to go to work? or did you wake up in a ditch passed out drunk from last night? and feel like society owes you a living because your life sucks!....
Old 09-25-2007, 04:08 PM

__sam__ is an unknown quantity at this point

the japan episode was pretty good apex, kane, reppin...
Old 09-25-2007, 04:11 PM

I never said it wasnt "a step in the right direction" whether I think it is or not.. and I did say that "yes i think it should be more than stunts"

let me make this clear and simple for the idiots

I am not satisfied with the "quality" of the stunt content on that show... there is so much more that could be displayed that involves other "world champion" competitors and events.. but ya know what.. covering some of that would take some effort, so they dont do it.. they just follow jason around to his paid shows and make the world think that he is the best rider ever

ok so we added the french guys.. let me guess, jason was over there in france getting paid to do a show... NEXT

mccoys.. that was Bill D.. but Mcoys are custom bike builders who sponsor bill d

NEXT

with this show.. the world thinks that stuntriders are some 100mph freeway ****** or warehouse midnight ****** or sideshow for AMA ******..

why wouldnt you want to display stuntriding as a competitive sport?? cuz you dont compete?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by __sam__
the japan episode was pretty good apex, kane, reppin...
another one.. japan episode...

hmmm a show jason got paid to ride at...

anyone see a damn trend besides me?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by snapper1978
sounds like someone is mad they didnt do a thomas episode

yeah you got me pegged.. im looking for my 15 seconds on superbikes
Old 09-25-2007, 04:30 PM

righthooks is an unknown quantity at this point

i need to get the speed channel
Old 09-25-2007, 04:45 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the show is called "Superbikes" which also happens to show some stunt riding..That has to be a good thing. Hell 2 years ago there was nothing going down on tv that even remotely showed Stunt riding in a positive manner.

JB is also the host so why wouldnt he get his team in the spotlight when given the opportunity ? On top of that there have been many episodes that have shown other riders, maybe not the best out there but its a step in the right direction.

Its all good to sit back and say the show should be this or that, but at the end of the day that show portrays what we do in a good way. If you dont like the content then get your own show on the go. I'll watch and support that one as well.

Cheers

SK
Old 09-25-2007, 04:47 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

dude... lets put it like this...

when the first motorcycle came out, was there room for improvement??? same goes with this show, it is the first of its kind on this channel, and there will be many more.... trust me, they are getting a good response from this, and there will be tons more shows of this interest.

this is just one of the first, so the ones to come after will ultimately be better.

god damn thomas, just do something about it... and use some sort of connection, and get "darius, or teach" a show, and see what they do with it... i am pretty sure that you can get a job as consultant on the show. and dont tell me that you cant, because how the **** do you think Rj DeVera is ballin as ****. he came up in the street racing world, and carshows, then all of the sudden he knew the right people, and had an impressive body of work... and told them that he would like a creative hand at consulting on shows, and movies.

****HOW ABOUT YOU DO THAT ****, AND THEN THERE WILL BE SOMETHING YOU CAN BE SATISFIED WITH****

i swear to god, there is more whinning and complaning in this industry than i have ever seen. that is why i am not interested in competition, or any noteriety... this **** will only be a hobby, simply because aint nothin ever good enough in this world.

Quick Reply: Jason Britton's show