Are the subcages worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:58 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Are the subcages worth it?

3m spray glue will do the trick if you really want to fur your bike
Old 10-02-2007, 09:03 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

this one is powder coated though i sell them painted
Old 10-02-2007, 09:07 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shortfuse
Ok so i bought some esd pegs thinkin it would help me get around my tail section on my 600rr. They are almost an 1'' longer than the stock pegs but they still didnt make me feel comfortable. Rode my buddies f4I and nearly creamed myself at how stretched out i was.
I have heard that the subcages move the pegs over and out on the subframe from their stock position. i get all fn cramped up after a day at the spot. I need some serious help on my desicion making process. Any input is greatly appreciated....
Which is better OMR's cage or SI, is there any others?

600rr stock peg bracket placement
SubFrame cages on the 600rr are a MUST!!!!! You should get solid pegs NOT folding pegs...The Solid pegs will help prevent the bike rollng onto the Tail which it does quite quickly....

OMR makes a the best cage most popular...see if he can make solid pegs for you like powers.

I have a www.naarden.biz sub frame cage...works perfect!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:11 AM
also known as OMR

solid pegs make no sense to me they are in the way for some tricks and just act like a big lever when you crash so they are more likely to damage you subcage and subframe

if the pegs fold when you crash your better off ,that and i like to fold my pegs up during stoppies so they don't stab me in the back if i flip
Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 AM
also known as OMR

i think people started making non folding peg subcages because they were easier to make not because they were better..

it takes alot more work to make a folding peg subcage then it does to make one that doesn't have folding pegs
Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

Originally Posted by old man roger
solid pegs make no sense to me they are in the way for some tricks and just act like a big lever when you crash so they are more likely to damage you subcage and subframe

if the pegs fold when you crash your better off ,that and i like to fold my pegs up during stoppies so they don't stab me in the back if i flip
I see you point however being in the way just takes a min to get use to and for being stabbed in the back with stock pegs are more likely due to the fact that they are pointed/thin, which is dangerous but the solid round pegs are far more unlikely to stab anything ...., but the main point with the 600rr only, FI cage this bike rolls real quick and destroys tail sections and rear seats.and rear sets....If you use hard rubber washers to mount the cage with a thick solid peg (1"min) round 6061 or better...it has stopped 90+ % of the tail damage...from a regular fall, i can't say about a regualr stoppie flip only crashing 180's it works great....
I test it all the time and works awesome....

If nothing else it could be an option you offer at an additional cost..the reason i say that is because i have recently noticed quite a few guys with powers abd also and the way they are made is garbage, but the pegs are awesome..I would bet if you try the thicker soild pegs you would like it if you havent already tried it...

I have 15/16 thick pegs and I am in the process of machining 1.250 and 1.500 just to try thicker ones out....

Last edited by FrankieG; 10-02-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:35 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

Originally Posted by old man roger
i think people started making non folding peg subcages because they were easier to make not because they were better..

it takes alot more work to make a folding peg subcage then it does to make one that doesn't have folding pegs

I agree and here is an opportunity of make your job easier!

For those who want solid pegs....besides take the rest of powers business away! and any others making the cage!

Last edited by FrankieG; 10-02-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:36 AM

Jeremy Dutch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,

I see the point of the si subcage hitting the tire, that is kinda dangerous like when your in a fast drift. and the suspension dips.

Now i don't know what to do haha.

you have some more pics from the f4i. from the side and back haha sorry roger
Old 10-02-2007, 09:40 AM
also known as OMR

sorry man no more pics......
Old 10-02-2007, 09:41 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

Originally Posted by Jeremy Dutch
Thanks,

I see the point of the si subcage hitting the tire, that is kinda dangerous like when your in a fast drift. and the suspension dips.

Now i don't know what to do haha.

you have some more pics from the f4i. from the side and back haha sorry roger
Adjust the rear shock all the way up and turn the rebound to stiff!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:44 AM
also known as OMR

solid pegs are just a bad idea imo ..

and as far as them being fat so they wont stab you ,put a 400 pound bike behind them and they will stab you just as easy as a stock peg
Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by FrankieG
Adjust the rear shock all the way up and turn the rebound to stiff!!!!
i have a 1200 euro raceshock on the back and perfectly setup

but still if it can dig in the tire its not a real good design
Old 10-02-2007, 10:17 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

Originally Posted by Jeremy Dutch
i have a 1200 euro raceshock on the back and perfectly setup

but still if it can dig in the tire its not a real good design
Cool....I have a racetech re-valved and it's 100 times better than stock... but I guess OMR is the way to go!!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:20 AM
also known as OMR

my rear suspension is all stock but i did adjust my spring so there is no sag at all and it helped every thing ,stoppies come up easier and circles are smoother and slow wheelies don't seem to bounce as much when i hit the brake hard
Old 10-02-2007, 10:39 AM

Yeah changing my rearshock was one of the best things i could do..

Feels so much better with everything and now i don't even have it really hard..

Can you pm me your paypal adres roger.
I kinda don't trust the si anymore
Old 10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
also known as OMR

pm sent
Old 10-03-2007, 08:30 PM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey OMR,

do you have a pic of a subcage of the 04-05 gsxr 600 generation of bike? and also a price?

Im planning out things to fix/improve my ride over the winter after this year's abuse... lol.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:38 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
Hey OMR,

do you have a pic of a subcage of the 04-05 gsxr 600 generation of bike? and also a price?

Im planning out things to fix/improve my ride over the winter after this year's abuse... lol.
i do have subcages for the 04 05 gsxr for $175 but i don't have a picture of it mounted but they all look pretty much the same except for the r6
it looks alot like this one on the 636

shipping is usually included but for canada there is a fee
Old 10-03-2007, 08:45 PM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

k. thanks.

I'll probably be sending you a message over winter.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:00 AM
also known as OMR

cool......

Quick Reply: Are the subcages worth it?