throttle lock

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 PM

tommy B is a decent person
Talking throttle lock

I have a 2004 636 ninja just started doing the slow stuff lol., I was thinking about getting a throttle lock I really hate to have my bike idle at 3000 all the time it would be nice if I could do the trick and then get back to 1200 I went to a road hazard show and Bill D had the one I want I just dont know the name of it. any info will be great!!

Thankz Tommy B
Old 09-24-2007, 11:58 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Re: throttle lock

I think Bill D has every gadget know to man on his bikes, I heard he even has a microwave and George Foreman grill
Old 09-25-2007, 12:09 AM

hasnt he started to use a thumb throttle?? my freind said something about it
Old 09-25-2007, 12:16 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

http://fullthrottleinc.net/FTI_Site/...ill_Dixon.html
Old 09-25-2007, 12:34 AM

it looks like hes the magiver of the stunt world lol but you gata admit his endoes are sick
Old 09-25-2007, 12:56 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

his stoppies are on his R1.

here's a thought, just throwing this out there for ya, why not try just turning your idle down and learning better brake and throttle control? i never turn mine past 2k rpms and it doesn't seem to slow me down. don't have to jack wtih it much either because 2k rpms really isn't that high on the motor.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:58 AM
back in the saddle again

oh ya, i don't see a throttle lock on bill's bike.

and also, if you've never used a lock, you're in for a surprise. they aren't really consistent holding the throttle in place, especially if you have your hand on the throttle and are moving around, it'll still move, just not as quick. that also makes it hard to make quick throttle adjustments if you needed to, like fast SS circles or whatnot.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:19 AM

what kind of gear do you have I went to a 65 to a 60 but it still seams like I have to much engine brake Im trying to learn ralph louie circles when I get the bike turned in it just want to fall on its face Ive thought about putting a power commander wit ing on it do you think that might help?? probly not its probly just me guess thats just part of it.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:22 AM

the one bill d had you locked your throttle to what ever rpm you wanted but you could still give the bike throttle and if you let go it would stay at what ever rpm you set it at
Old 09-25-2007, 01:43 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

hahahahahahaah oh dammnit
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Big R 508
hahahahahahaah oh dammnit
I've been waiting and watching for this.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:46 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

a throttle lock sounds like a great thing to have, and people use it for some really wild tricks, like acros, but i dont think what you have in mind is such a good idea, an idle adjuster is a beautiful thing

Last edited by Danger_Dave; 09-25-2007 at 02:48 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:51 AM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude, you ride a 636... If you don't want to ride with high idle, it takes three seconds to reach down and turn it down. I ride my bike everywheres, even around downtown in traffic with the bike idling at 3500.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:13 AM

KeefZX6r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kliewer
Dude, you ride a 636... If you don't want to ride with high idle, it takes three seconds to reach down and turn it down. I ride my bike everywheres, even around downtown in traffic with the bike idling at 3500.

+1
Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

i cant believe nobody has told you to just turn your choke on...... it turns the idle up... then just flip it back down, and your idle is @ whatever you had it set @!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:15 AM

samurai87 is a decent person

i think hes onto something with the power commander idea........
Old 09-25-2007, 01:06 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
i cant believe nobody has told you to just turn your choke on...... it turns the idle up... then just flip it back down, and your idle is @ whatever you had it set @!
not a real good idea on these. that's a fuel enrichment on those bikes. it's not like a gixxer where it just opens the butterfly valves. it actually puts more fuel.....not quite as consistant as a screw that opens the butterflys.

also, dude, engine brake won't make your bike fall on it's face. you're confusing. i think you're making stuff up. if you are at idle doing RL circles (which i doubt) there is no engine brake, the bike is PULLING because you're on idle, no decelerating. i run a 60, but before this i ran just a 50. it's definately not engine brake that is the problem. you just need practice. it doesn't sound like you are at the RL circle area yet. if you are then you've already got SS circles and other circles down so you be comfortable with your gearing and know that you don't have to adjust your gearing just to do a different type of circle.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:07 PM

samurai87 is a decent person

Originally Posted by binder929rr
not a real good idea on these. that's a fuel enrichment on those bikes. it's not like a gixxer where it just opens the butterfly valves. it actually puts more fuel.....not quite as consistant as a screw that opens the butterflys.

also, dude, engine brake won't make your bike fall on it's face. you're confusing. i think you're making stuff up. if you are at idle doing RL circles (which i doubt) there is no engine brake, the bike is PULLING because you're on idle, no decelerating. i run a 60, but before this i ran just a 50. it's definately not engine brake that is the problem. you just need practice. it doesn't sound like you are at the RL circle area yet. if you are then you've already got SS circles and other circles down so you be comfortable with your gearing and know that you don't have to adjust your gearing just to do a different type of circle.

total pawnage!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:15 PM

broke the cable to cheep to buy one I guess. I guess I should go buy one though thankz for all the info.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by samurai87
i think hes onto something with the power commander idea........
do you think a power commander with ign will help??

Quick Reply: throttle lock