636 whackness.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 01:34 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person
636 whackness.....

My bike has been running like **** lately. I dont know whats causing it. Ive tried almost everything I can think of but still running like doo doo brown. When Im in gear dead stop with the clutch in I can rev it and it will rev out fine. The minute you put a load on it or try a wheelie or burnout it runs like its on three cylinders. I dont know what the **** is causing it. Ive changed the plugs, oil, injectors, coils, cleaned out the fuel pump and tank, checked vacuum lines, checked the airbox and the throttle bodies to make sure their seated properly, tried the temp sensor, and its still doing it. Im not sure if its spark, fuel, or vacuum. I pulled all the plugs and they look good. Their brand new. Maybe I got a defective one from the factory? Im gonna try to change out the throttle bodies, computer, and fuel pump today. If that doesnt do it I dont know what it could be. Im thinking a valve could be sticking or the tps sensor. I dont think its the fuel pump cause they usually work or dont work but ill try it anyway. Has anyone had any problems like this before? Im going crazy here.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:10 PM

NW-FRESH is a decent person
Re: 636 whackness.....

might be the fuel pump...check and see what psi (stock setting) it should be distributing at, i remember on my r6 it was about 40-42 psi...check a manual online
Old 09-23-2007, 02:15 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
My bike has been running like **** lately. I dont know whats causing it. Ive tried almost everything I can think of but still running like doo doo brown. When Im in gear dead stop with the clutch in I can rev it and it will rev out fine. The minute you put a load on it or try a wheelie or burnout it runs like its on three cylinders. I dont know what the **** is causing it. Ive changed the plugs, oil, injectors, coils, cleaned out the fuel pump and tank, checked vacuum lines, checked the airbox and the throttle bodies to make sure their seated properly, tried the temp sensor, and its still doing it. Im not sure if its spark, fuel, or vacuum. I pulled all the plugs and they look good. Their brand new. Maybe I got a defective one from the factory? Im gonna try to change out the throttle bodies, computer, and fuel pump today. If that doesnt do it I dont know what it could be. Im thinking a valve could be sticking or the tps sensor. I dont think its the fuel pump cause they usually work or dont work but ill try it anyway. Has anyone had any problems like this before? Im going crazy here.
fuel pump for sure......mine did the same thing, put a fuel pump in and whalla! Do it now!!! Put one in!
Old 09-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point

bad connection to a coil pack... had that problem on mine. Couldnt find the problem in the wire so I just ran another wire from the ecu to the plug. Worked like a charm
Old 09-23-2007, 02:28 PM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person

sounds to me like you have a bad rearset
Old 09-23-2007, 02:34 PM
AGGRESSION!

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
fuel pump for sure......mine did the same thing, put a fuel pump in and whalla! Do it now!!! Put one in!
Im gonna try that and see if thats it. I hope it is. That would make my day. Im about ready to light this thing on fire and ghost ride it off a cliff
Old 09-23-2007, 02:35 PM
AGGRESSION!

Originally Posted by GHOSTIE
sounds to me like you have a bad rearset
Old 09-23-2007, 02:35 PM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
Im gonna try that and see if thats it. I hope it is. That would make my day. Im about ready to light this thing on fire and ghost ride it off a cliff
make sure you get that **** on tape!
Old 09-23-2007, 02:36 PM
AGGRESSION!

Originally Posted by LRMzx636
bad connection to a coil pack... had that problem on mine. Couldnt find the problem in the wire so I just ran another wire from the ecu to the plug. Worked like a charm
damn it could be that too.....it almost feels like thats what its doing. It runs fine though sometimes and the plugs all looked good. Ill check all the connections again and see if I can find anything wrong
Old 09-23-2007, 02:40 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GHOSTIE
make sure you get that **** on tape!
and get full coverage on it!
Old 09-23-2007, 02:52 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

My F4i is doing the same thing (pretty much) changing the plugs later hoping thats all it is... hope you fix yours soon! (And I hope mine is just the plugs )
Old 09-23-2007, 03:20 PM
AGGRESSION!

Is it possible for a fuel pump to lose pressure? I thought either they worked or they didnt. I know a bike needs more gas under load so if they can lose pressure that would make sense.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:24 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

mine did the same **** ,it was the pump

but that doesn't mean thats defenitly your problem but since you have a spare it's worth a try
Old 09-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

Ernie, we all know you tried to use sweet tea instead of gas.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:31 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Similiar problem with my f4i and it was the fuel pump.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
AGGRESSION!

word thats good to hear.......i wanna throw it in a try it now but its pissing rain outside. Once it clears up Im gonna throw it in and burn my damn tire off. I havent been able to do burnouts in weeks
Old 09-23-2007, 10:05 PM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

Squirrel_12 is an unknown quantity at this point

check your kick stand switch!!! ahahhahaah

damdest things somtimes **** was classic!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:44 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

check that jupiter valve.....gets ya every time

if it's not your pump or electrical your timing could have jumped......cam chain tensioners are known to be **** on them.....my teamate had his jump time his cam chain was so loose.....ground all the teeth off the gear on the crank........pray that it's not out of time.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 AM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

swap out the throttle bodies with somones elses and see if its that, mine did that than it ran like a champ!!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

* Does the 03-04 636's have Manual CCT's? or are they preloaded to a specific stock setting?

I am sorry to hear about your bikes problems, did it happen after an engine swap? the same thing happened to my f4i, so i put stock fairings on it and sold it

If this ever happens to my 636 i hope the answer is found in this thread! that way i wont have to sell my 636 if this ever happens to me...god forbid.

good luck E let us all know how it turns out, and give me a call sometime, i had a few 636 Q's for ya bud

Quick Reply: 636 whackness.....