What To Put Under Your HandBrake 4 Leverage

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:35 AM

NsOaklandR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What To Put Under Your HandBrake 4 Leverage

What can i use to put in the space between the lever and the adjuster for extra leverage that won't lose it's shape? I couldn't find anything off the bat around the house except some folded/balled up electrical tape. Actually worked for a while but of course lost it's shape. So what is everbody without brembo's using?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:41 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: What To Put Under Your HandBrake 4 Leverage

why are you putting any thing there ?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:42 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

what you are talking about

but i have a 1000rr master and it works fine with 1 finger.

bleed your HB
Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 AM

Now all of a sudden nobody does it anymore ey? I have heard of it a few times and it actually works pretty good if you can find the right thing. I bled the hell out of my HB and even left it tied down overnight. it works good I just need more leverage, maybe a different style lever will help. It's a stock 04 R6 master.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NsOaklandR6
Now all of a sudden nobody does it anymore ey? I have heard of it a few times and it actually works pretty good if you can find the right thing. I bled the hell out of my HB and even left it tied down overnight. it works good I just need more leverage, maybe a different style lever will help. It's a stock 04 R6 master.
thats the same master i have and i have mine on a medium setting and it works fine ....

i think willie is right you need to bleed it again....

try bleeding it my way,open the bleeder , put your fingure over the hole and pump about two resivours worth of brake fluid through it......

your finger will let the air and fluid out but won't let the air in and pumping like this doesn't give any air bubbles time to rise back up in the line like if you do the old pump pump open method
Old 09-20-2007, 03:18 AM

aight i'll try in the morning. you don't happen to have small fingers do you? lol if it's not the bleeding maybe i have freakishly long fingers or sumthin. Can you 1 finger yours at any speed?

wwwaaaiiit just one 1 sec...... am i supposed to be putting my finger over the bleeder all the way on my rear caliper? if your talking about the bleeder on the HB master only the 05 and 06 have those. If in fact u mean the rear caliper, i can reach it but that is for sure a 2 negro job. (need somebody to fill the res)

Last edited by NsOaklandR6; 09-20-2007 at 03:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:21 AM
also known as OMR

i use my middle finger on the brake and my index finger on the clutch for every thing , i have a huge rear caliper but even before i did it worked fine
Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 AM

(Repost u prolly didn't see my edit)

wwwaaaiiit just one 1 sec...... am i supposed to be putting my finger over the bleeder all the way on my rear caliper? if your talking about the bleeder on the HB master only the 05 and 06 have those. If in fact u mean the rear caliper, i can reach it but that is for sure a 2 negro job. (need somebody to fill the res)
Old 09-20-2007, 03:38 AM
also known as OMR

yes the rear caliper and two people would make it easier but you can do it alone just leave the wrench on the bleeder and when you get close to empty hold in the brake lever and close the bleeder then fill the res and gets back to pumping......

remember to hose off the brake pads real good because if you don't have your finger on the bleeder just right you will get brake fluid every where .lol
Old 09-20-2007, 03:41 AM
also known as OMR

oh yea ,don't pump too too fast just like a pump every two seconds or so because if you pump to fast you can get tiny little air bubbles......
Old 09-20-2007, 12:41 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I used to have some weird setup on my f4, i dont think i have a picture of it but yea i had an old zx-7 master and it sucked nuts the lever was so close to the bars that by the time it was getting pressure it was hitting my knuckels. So i ziptied a collar in that gap were the number adjuster is to force the lever way open so the lever was pushed way out and it wouldnt hit my knucles when i pulled it. Worked perfect.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:55 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If your still having problem bleeding

Bleed your setup at EVERY junction.. First bleed it at the master cylinder where the line connects, losen the banjo and bleed it.. Then bleed it at your next connection, and your next connection if you have another, then finally bleed it using the caliper bleeding screw..

It took me a total of like 5 minutes to bleed mine, and ti is rock solid..