HANDS DOWN Best hand break set-up

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:22 AM

Rogers954 is an unknown quantity at this point
HANDS DOWN Best hand break set-up

So through everyones experience what is the best hand break set up Fullthrottel, ho hey dual bracket, other, I know that the Brembo Radial Master Cylinder 16x18 is hands down the best master you can buy but what else makes up the best combo and not bang for buck best performance over all. All input appreciated
Old 09-18-2007, 12:26 AM

dmcfreestyledevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HANDS DOWN Best hand break set-up

i have had the full throttle and now i have the ho hey bracket, and i prefer the ho hey bracket. from my experiance with the two i was more satisified with the ho hey bracket
Old 09-18-2007, 12:38 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

in my opinion, you wont get one straight answer. There is no one and only BEST BRAKE (not break lol) setup, its all based on preference. Like I know some guys rock the dual caliper setup, some guys rock one caliper with an adapter in the stock rear master, and I think old man roger uses a dual piston caliper for his rear caliper. Its all personal preference, different people like different things...take me for example, I dont like the way the brembo masters felt, I'd rather use an 05 636 master. Once again, different strokes for different folks
Old 09-18-2007, 12:42 AM

moorport is a decent person

Originally Posted by Rogers954
So through everyones experience what is the best hand break set up Fullthrottel, ho hey dual bracket, other, I know that the Brembo Radial Master Cylinder 16x18 is hands down the best master you can buy but what else makes up the best combo and not bang for buck best performance over all. All input appreciated
I got the fullthrottle setup with their standard 14mm nissan master up top and it is 1 finger pull all day long!! I have never tried a dual caliper setup, seems like it would work good too, I like the clean look of a single caliper though.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:58 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...-bike-set.html
Old 09-18-2007, 01:25 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rogers954
Old 09-18-2007, 02:46 AM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

the 16x18 aint ****, you gotta have the billet one from hai at the bottom of the list that costs 2500$ now thats top of the line
Old 09-18-2007, 04:00 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

www.hoheydesigns.com :YEAH
Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

ive had both and the dual caliper is way better imo. way better feel to the brake.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:31 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Beto
in my opinion, you wont get one straight answer. There is no one and only BEST BRAKE (not break lol) setup, its all based on preference. Like I know some guys rock the dual caliper setup, some guys rock one caliper with an adapter in the stock rear master, and I think old man roger uses a dual piston caliper for his rear caliper. Its all personal preference, different people like different things...take me for example, I dont like the way the brembo masters felt, I'd rather use an 05 636 master. Once again, different strokes for different folks

ppfftt i got a four piston caliper .......lol

600rr front caliper and a 03 636 master with an adapter and stock rear master no word of a lie i can lock it up with my pinky
Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 AM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by suicidl
Old 09-18-2007, 12:16 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

ditto

I got a hohey dual caliper bracket on my F4i....the two stock rear calipers on it, not the front honda caliper (I think he was out of em when I bought mine), then I had a gix radial on there, and it was OK, but was really stiff, no play, no fell and was brutally strong at times. So I bought a Brembo 16X18 ad love it. I can lock he tire up if I want, yet I ca still feel the brakes thru the lever and and get gently use it when I want, versus the on/off feel of the gix radial.

I had an adaptor and gix radial on my 600RR and never really liked it that much. Bill at FTI has some newer adaptors that work better. My gptech fitting flexed out alot on me.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
ditto

I got a hohey dual caliper bracket on my F4i....the two stock rear calipers on it, not the front honda caliper (I think he was out of em when I bought mine), then I had a gix radial on there, and it was OK, but was really stiff, no play, no fell and was brutally strong at times. So I bought a Brembo 16X18 ad love it. I can lock he tire up if I want, yet I ca still feel the brakes thru the lever and and get gently use it when I want, versus the on/off feel of the gix radial.

I had an adaptor and gix radial on my 600RR and never really liked it that much. Bill at FTI has some newer adaptors that work better. My gptech fitting flexed out alot on me.
what do you mean the gptech fitting flexed out on you?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

ERDMANN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
ppfftt i got a four piston caliper .......lol

600rr front caliper and a 03 636 master with an adapter and stock rear master no word of a lie i can lock it up with my pinky
PICS ?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:00 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by ERDMANN
PICS ?

Old 09-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

Originally Posted by mikkee
What he means is the fitting was loose in the bore so when you applied the brakes it would move and make the lever spongy. There was a bad batch floating around with a bad tolerance which has been resolved.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by mikkee
the old GPTech fittings had one screw that held the crappy metal fitting snug to the rear master. When you pulled the hand brake lever you could visually see the fitting flex with the screw as a fulcrum.

Bill's (FTI) adaptor actually creates threads and screw tight into the rear master........a FAR superior design if you ask me....and for those who don't like/want his billet rear master, this adaptor will screw right into a Honda master, which everyone knows Hnda makes the best ****!:YEAH
Old 09-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

Holy overkill batman I bet my 6 year old can lock that up, whats next a 12 piston brembo from a car lol JK
Old 09-18-2007, 05:08 PM

nice fabrication!:YEAH

I wanted to get one of the original hohey brackets that used the honda front calipers for the handbrake, but he didn't make em anymore.

Quick Reply: HANDS DOWN Best hand break set-up