Handbrake and Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:33 PM

Jarhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Handbrake and Clutch

Hi all,

I was just watching Tracy Got Murdered and I noticed that Nick was covering both the handbrake and the clutch during the seat stander circles, which enabled the bike to stop without stalling. Is covering both levers something that everyone does during circles? I originally thought that only the handbrake was used. If both levers need to be used at the same time those circles would be pretty hard to learn I'm guessing!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:46 PM

spoondogg is a decent person
Re: Handbrake and Clutch

i cant do circles.. but i cover both when ever i do ss
Old 09-16-2007, 12:23 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jarhead
Hi all,

I was just watching Tracy Got Murdered and I noticed that Nick was covering both the handbrake and the clutch during the seat stander circles, which enabled the bike to stop without stalling. Is covering both levers something that everyone does during circles? I originally thought that only the handbrake was used. If both levers need to be used at the same time those circles would be pretty hard to learn I'm guessing!
u need to cover the clutch and the brake, cuz when u highside if u dont pull in the clutch your gonna get pancaked and also if the circle slows down too much you need to feather it out so it dont stall. its not really that hard once u get used to it, i just have trouble stepping up to like frogger and holding on with just the 2 fingers and thumb.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:57 AM

Yamahas4Life is a decent person

Yeah but thats tricky to learn I think.
I got my F4i already setup from someone who's got skillz already and they had the two set less than an inch apart. Handy if you're good with it, or easy to grab a handfull of brake when going for the clutch if you're me and get dumped off your tank and ran over bye your own bike.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:42 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Yamahas4Life
Yeah but thats tricky to learn I think.
I got my F4i already setup from someone who's got skillz already and they had the two set less than an inch apart. Handy if you're good with it, or easy to grab a handfull of brake when going for the clutch if you're me and get dumped off your tank and ran over bye your own bike.
it shouldnt be tricky at all. if u have ur clutch on top then it should be so short that you can only get one finger on it(your pointer finger) and then using your index for the brake. its really not that hard to get the hang of.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:30 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

i put my handbrake on my throttle side to avoid the handbrake/clutch issue...it hellps with mad throttle control on the idle and the clutch usage when hammering down.

all pros use the clutch ONLY on the left side and the handbrake ONLY on the right side with the front brake..

i also have a sweet habndbrake/clutch combo on my right rearset AND my right fork tube for the nasty nasty hb/cluthc combo cirlce.s

i know that darius and kane and myself all run this setup
Old 09-16-2007, 03:30 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

what's a "handbrake"?

is that the lever on the right side of the bars?

i keep hearing ppl talk about it.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:41 AM
This.. is my boomstick!!

kawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
i put my handbrake on my throttle side to avoid the handbrake/clutch issue...it hellps with mad throttle control on the idle and the clutch usage when hammering down.

all pros use the clutch ONLY on the left side and the handbrake ONLY on the right side with the front brake..

i also have a sweet habndbrake/clutch combo on my right rearset AND my right fork tube for the nasty nasty hb/cluthc combo cirlce.s

^^^

its more personal preference imo
i always cover both
Old 09-16-2007, 04:44 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

who is darius and kane ?

are they any good ?
Old 09-16-2007, 04:50 AM

2dollabillcrew is an unknown quantity at this point

use your foot like when u use to ride a BMX bike! u dont even need a handbrake that way
Old 09-16-2007, 05:35 AM

aaronloi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiddypimp
what's a "handbrake"?

is that the lever on the right side of the bars?

i keep hearing ppl talk about it.

No it has nothing to do with side of any bars. Check out your car, its on the right side of you beside the driver seat in the middle of the car. There's a stick to let you to pull it and you can drift your car.

Last edited by aaronloi; 09-16-2007 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:23 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

interesting setup. i have thought of that numerous times and didnt think it was worth doing because i have never heard of or seen anyone else doing it that way....i guess it would pay for me to start thinking for myself, lol
Old 09-16-2007, 11:27 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Jarhead
Hi all,

learning clutch/brake is a very big deal and goes such a long way. it has opened up tons of tricks for me to add to my bag. the number 1 milemarker has to be seatstanders, cuz you can jump to this and step to that, and anybody who learns seatstanders has got to agree, they step up your game big time?
when i started learning clutch/brake i was still rockin the streets, and thats how i would learn to use it, so it would become second nature, like at traffic lights and whatnot, and then i started applying it to my spreaders and everything else. get yourself some silly putty or a squeeze ball for while your at work to build up your strength, that will help alot too....
Old 09-16-2007, 12:48 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

i always cover both. i do that for safety and bcuz i use a lot of clutch when i circle. its easy to feather the clutch to save a highside. a lot nicer than a broken leg.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:03 PM

Javon is an unknown quantity at this point

I just put this new full throttle jake brake on and its a big help!
Old 09-16-2007, 01:28 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

thanks for sharing with us , now we all know you are a cheater now
Old 09-16-2007, 02:21 PM

2dollabillcrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
learning clutch/brake is a very big deal and goes such a long way. it has opened up tons of tricks for me to add to my bag. the number 1 milemarker has to be seatstanders, cuz you can jump to this and step to that, and anybody who learns seatstanders has got to agree, they step up your game big time?
when i started learning clutch/brake i was still rockin the streets, and thats how i would learn to use it, so it would become second nature, like at traffic lights and whatnot, and then i started applying it to my spreaders and everything else. get yourself some silly putty or a squeeze ball for while your at work to build up your strength, that will help alot too....
yep rock the streets with it! it will be natural to ya real quick! just dont use footbrake ever. thats how i learned.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:05 AM
THE 1 & ONLY

ALEX707 is an unknown quantity at this point

yo javon what up. is that u with the sicky icky drifts. it alex from up in rosa, to bad the video of me hitting hit the truck didn't come out that would been some funny **** to put up on here. lol oops whats crackn just getting a hb set up on my ****. looking to see where to put it.

Last edited by ALEX707; 09-17-2007 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:13 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

alot of people don't look at join dates...lol
Old 09-17-2007, 03:14 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

I cover both on SS 0's, SS costers and stalls <--naturally... anything else just brake!

Quick Reply: Handbrake and Clutch