word

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:38 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: word

theres only one difference i see between us and almost everyone else, you can put a license plate on our rides and ride home.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:02 PM

Ghini is a decent person

thats why i said "while killin the streets on a bike is considerably more dangerous than street skating both are still illegal, arrestable offenses". i'm not comparing the danger of the sports or their consiquences. i was comparing mainly the rise of skateboarding as a sport (from hated by the general public to accepted and popular) to how I see stunting raise up as a sport the same way. i also compared some of the other illegal offenses that are common amungst both sports...property damage & running from the cops. never did i mention anything about what they are booked for when caught.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:08 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Ghini
thats why i said "while killin the streets on a bike is considerably more dangerous than street skating both are still illegal, arrestable offenses". i'm not comparing the danger of the sports or their consiquences. i was comparing mainly the rise of skateboarding as a sport (from hated by the general public to accepted and popular) to how I see stunting raise up as a sport the same way. i also compared some of the other illegal offenses that are common amungst both sports...property damage & running from the cops. never did i mention anything about what they are booked for when caught.
just addint to what you were saying with a little twist. Please dont get the misconception that all that was directed at you. I've just heard from more than one person that "look at the ZOO York crew all they do is skate the streets" trying to justify street riding for bikes.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:34 PM

Ghini is a decent person

...ehh fair enough. no one should have to justify stunting in the streets though, thats where the sport started...it may not be safe or the smartest thing to do but its where it began and where it will remain most popular.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:37 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

[QUOTE=Ghini;2947218]...ehh fair enough. no one should have to justify stunting in the streets though, thats where the sport started...it may not be safe or the smartest thing to do but its where it began and where it will remain most popular.[/QUOTE]

Analyze what you said, to some but FMX Started in the Dunes and was all natural terrain and who could hit the biggest natural terrain hit then Freestyle jumped into the xgames on a closed course where people pay to come watch and the riders get paid to put their bones, ego's, and lives on the line. If You gave someone the decision tio go watch a bunch of guys jumping dirt mounds or The X Games where people are throwing 100 foot flip combo's ramp to dirt. Its evolution of sports

50,000 people are not going to crowd the highway to watch some squid power wheelie down the highway. This is where professional action sports comes into play. Some will move on and make this a 100% Legit action sport known world wide. and some will stick to the streets and continue to loose money, bikes, licenses, lives for what
Old 09-19-2007, 04:31 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

skateboarding is gay......
Old 09-19-2007, 08:04 AM

Ghini is a decent person

sorry *most popular with the riders. but we digress, this is about stunting & stunters raising up and legitimatizing the sport and getting recognition from the general public as athletes.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Racing started out on the streets too.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:50 AM

samurai87 is a decent person

I think the sport deffinatly has potential and as far as getting boring....when i see some skate boarder jus jumpin around for 6 hrs i would get bored to cuz i hve no idea of the complexity of the tricks etc....

But, who are the majority of viewers for stunt riding goign to be?? STUNT RIDERS

there gonna be on the edge of their seats watching some guy stall to highchair O's or foot drag jumpin to special K or whatever cuz we know how ****** hard that **** is......ya knwo? its all relative to your veiwing population